Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hela's Helmet in the movie does not cover her face. This is why the helmet covering her face is innacurate at the moment. If an image is found showing the helmet covering the upper face then we can consider it accurate to a specific scene.

Many were hoping to get an updated version of the other version of Loki potentially with arm or leg printing. The look of Loki in Avengers, or in general just the green and gold appearance, is much more iconic. Green because of it often symbolising ambition, greed, jealousy. Gold shows power/royalty. It's been a stapple of the Marvel movies to continue this colour scheme and in Thor Ragnarok they do so with Dark Green.

In regards to 'minor details' the issue people have with the figure is simply that it's not accurate and not particularly what people associate with Loki. It'd be similar to getting a dark red Captain America - it just would feel off seeing him wearing dark blue in the movie and getting a dark red figure. Dark Blue for Loki, as such does not really feel like Loki. I can see possibly using the torso for another combatant in the gladiator arena - but it just doesnt match the movie and it does not really feel like a costume for Loki.

At best i can say its an 'ok' figure;
- Inclusion of hair piece
- Face is generic, but getting a scared second expression is nice i suppose
- Torso print is good, but not accurate
- Cape is nice, though not accurate
- No arm/leg print
- Helmet is nice, though may not be accurate to the Ragnarok version

Would be a good figure if accurate colour scheme.

Actually Loki does wear blue suit in the Gladiator ring pics from EW and from the trailer. Yes his other suit looks more like classic Loki than blue arena suit, but we won't get it. Blue suit is accurate for Arena set , but some leg print would be nice.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hela's Helmet in the movie does not cover her face. This is why the helmet covering her face is innacurate at the moment. If an image is found showing the helmet covering the upper face then we can consider it accurate to a specific scene.

Many were hoping to get an updated version of the other version of Loki potentially with arm or leg printing. The look of Loki in Avengers, or in general just the green and gold appearance, is much more iconic. Green because of it often symbolising ambition, greed, jealousy. Gold shows power/royalty. It's been a stapple of the Marvel movies to continue this colour scheme and in Thor Ragnarok they do so with Dark Green.

In regards to 'minor details' the issue people have with the figure is simply that it's not accurate and not particularly what people associate with Loki. It'd be similar to getting a dark red Captain America - it just would feel off seeing him wearing dark blue in the movie and getting a dark red figure. Dark Blue for Loki, as such does not really feel like Loki. I can see possibly using the torso for another combatant in the gladiator arena - but it just doesnt match the movie and it does not really feel like a costume for Loki.

At best i can say its an 'ok' figure;
- Inclusion of hair piece
- Face is generic, but getting a scared second expression is nice i suppose
- Torso print is good, but not accurate
- Cape is nice, though not accurate
- No arm/leg print
- Helmet is nice, though may not be accurate to the Ragnarok version

Would be a good figure if accurate colour scheme.

I don't know where you got the idea of "Dark Red Captain America" from as that is completely out of context. There is an image/images online of him in a blue outfit, and LEGO would have used images given before the shooting had finished allowing the team to change Loki's design in the film, and if you look at the image/scene from the trailer, it includes a large amount of dark blue on the torso area. This means that it is similar to the film and the Captain America example you said was a ridiculous example, as we know LEGO wouldn't do that unless Marvel suddenly changed his design on a lot of their items, comics, films etc. I think people just need to deal with the fact that it is slightly off, as we've been able to deal with it in the past.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

Just realised that if Loki is in the gladiator set, his scared face makes sense, as he had no idea Hulk was there, and we all remember their last encounter

Also I'm still unconvinced by the Hela helmet stuff, but if people are correct in saying the upper part of her face is makeup, then all Lego has done is made the helmet also act as the black makeup covering her face? So what?

This debate is still going hard I see and all we have gathered is that Lego portrayed Hela's makeup and head crown combo as a single piece. 

So now I ask the complainers... what alternative would you have Lego use?

14 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also I'm still unconvinced by the Hela helmet stuff, but if people are correct in saying the upper part of her face is makeup, then all Lego has done is made the helmet also act as the black makeup covering her face? So what?

Exactly.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually Loki does wear blue suit.

Dark Green. You can tell primarily by the shoulder pad and the piece of clothing behind his hand, given the rest is bathed in light. Others have also noticed that its the lighting giving the wrong impression of the outfit and i'm sure some are going to dismiss it now because it looks slightly blue with the blue light clearly on his left shoulder and the brightness making it difficult to see his chest-  but the outfit is even the same one he wears with the daggers.
Loki.jpg

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

I don't know where you got the idea of "Dark Red Captain America" from as that is completely out of context.

It's not out of context in the slightest, it's comparing and demonstrating why people were not expecting to get a dark blue Loki.

Why would anyone going into the Ragnarok theme expect to get a dark blue Loki. Loki's never worn dark blue before and via every source of media and behind-the-scenes information currently shown, he is not wearing it in Thor Ragnarok either.

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

There is an image/images online of him in a blue outfit

Find one and post it then.

I 've posted tons of high quality images and spent time tracking down alternative images of the characters to clearly show the Helmet and Loki's outfit. I've demonstrated it's not dark blue, why is it so difficult to accept that? If we're lucky he may have a dark blue outfit in an unrevealed scene or something and maybe you perhaps saw behind-the-scenes shot of the outfit used for another scene, but it sure as heck is not the outfit he is wearing in the gladiator arena - that's 100% Dark Green.

38 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

then all Lego has done is made the helmet also act as the black makeup covering her face? So what?

Then its inaccurate, that is the whole point. Its inaccurate. Its not a 'so what' situation.

It's just people dont want to acknowledge that it's inaccurate so they keep dismissing it, yourself included are still unconvinced by the image's you see in the trailer which show its not accurate to what we've seen currently.

23 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Its not complaining to point out obvious facts. Though i admit it is annoying to have to keep repeating them because people dismiss them - all this started simply because it was pointed out that some aspects were inaccurate and some people could'nt accept that.

Thats primarily what the current discussion boils down to. Showing people a ton of images/facts proving something is inaccurate only for them to turn around and claim its accurate regardless of the facts.

As for alternative's Lego could have done, there are'nt any. All the decisions made regarding the helmet were likely based on concept art. Loki's colour scheme is either based on concept art or an unseen outfit he may have. This is not a question of what Lego could have done better, they did their best (well, to an extent, they could have introduced a new colour for Hulk but that would have been going above and beyond)

Edited by Scarilian

Even if Loki's suit had been the correct color, it's still not a good fig, imo. I think I'll just be using the new face on the old fig :sceptic:

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Dark Green. You can tell primarily by the shoulder pad and the piece of clothing behind his hand, given the rest is bathed in light. Others have also noticed that its the lighting giving the wrong impression of the outfit and i'm sure some are going to dismiss it now because it looks slightly blue with the blue light clearly on his left shoulder and the brightness making it difficult to see his chest-  but the outfit is even the same one he wears with the daggers.
Loki.jpg

It's not out of context in the slightest, it's comparing and demonstrating why people were not expecting to get a dark blue Loki.

Why would anyone going into the Ragnarok theme expect to get a dark blue Loki. Loki's never worn dark blue before and via every source of media and behind-the-scenes information currently shown, he is not wearing it in Thor Ragnarok either.

Find one and post it then.

I 've posted tons of high quality images and spent time tracking down alternative images of the characters to clearly show the Helmet and Loki's outfit. I've demonstrated it's not dark blue, why is it so difficult to accept that? If we're lucky he may have a dark blue outfit in an unrevealed scene or something and maybe you perhaps saw behind-the-scenes shot of the outfit used for another scene, but it sure as heck is not the outfit he is wearing in the gladiator arena - that's 100% Dark Green.

Then its inaccurate, that is the whole point. Its inaccurate. Its not a 'so what' situation.

It's just people dont want to acknowledge that it's inaccurate so they keep dismissing it, yourself included are still unconvinced by the image's you see in the trailer which show its not accurate to what we've seen currently.

Its not complaining to point out obvious facts. Though i admit it is annoying to have to keep repeating them because people dismiss them - all this started simply because it was pointed out that some aspects were inaccurate and some people could'nt accept that.

Thats primarily what the current discussion boils down to. Showing people a ton of images/facts proving something is inaccurate only for them to turn around and claim its accurate regardless of the facts.

As for alternative's Lego could have done, there are'nt any. All the decisions made regarding the helmet were likely based on concept art. Loki's colour scheme is either based on concept art or an unseen outfit he may have. This is not a question of what Lego could have done better, they did their best (well, to an extent, they could have introduced a new colour for Hulk but that would have been going above and beyond)

Stop moaning about what LEGO have done with the Thor: Ragnarok minifigures, they have done the best they could with each minifgure, and if people don't like the fact that Loki wears blue attire in Ragnarok, then try and buy the Avengers Loki. And yes, the whole Red Captain America was ridiculous and out of context, as in that image, Loki does seem to be wearing something that is, or very similar to, a navy blue colour.

11 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

Stop moaning about what LEGO have done with the Thor: Ragnarok minifigures, they have done the best they could with each minifgure

23 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I just said this, all you did was repeat and try and claim i'm moaning for saying the same thing you did just now.

11 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

the whole Red Captain America was ridiculous and out of context, as in that image, Loki does seem to be wearing something that is, or very similar to, a navy blue colour.

The image clearly proves you wrong - and rather than attempt to provide an image to support your remark you are now claiming my comparison and one of several official images is 'ridiculous and out of context' and dismissing what the image clearly shows.

Pretty sure you must be trolling at this stage - so reported.

Edited by Scarilian

39 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I really wanna see how Hulk's gladiator weapons turn out.  I hope LEGO didn't skip on that hammer and axe.

Oh man, I doubt it will be a new mold. :( If that will be a brick built, hopefully it will be properly executed. 

44 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just realised that if Loki is in the gladiator set, his scared face makes sense, as he had no idea Hulk was there, and we all remember their last encounter

29 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

This debate is still going hard I see and all we have gathered is that Lego portrayed Hela's makeup and head crown combo as a single piece. 

Exactly.

Yea and that good thing is! THEY EVEN PRINT THE PART OF HEADDRESS. I don't know guys. Quit whining it's just a minor inaccuracy.

Everyone take a chill pill please. This is getting ridiculous. Whether the film shows a green or blue suit, we've received a blue suit from Lego. So let's discuss the merits of the figure itself as opposed to having a screaming match over the color wheel. 

Aside: please do not quote pictures. That's my biggest pet peeve; it's unnecessary to have duplicate images on one page. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I just said this, all you did was repeat and try and claim i'm moaning for saying the same thing you did just now.

The image clearly proves you wrong - and rather than attempt to provide an image to support your remark you are now claiming my comparison and one of several official images is 'ridiculous and out of context' and dismissing what the image clearly shows.

Pretty sure you must be trolling at this stage - so reported.

I don't understand why you have reported me, I never said the images are ridiculous and out of context so I don't get where you got that from, all I said is that Loki in the pictures looks to have a navy blue and I don't see the hate.

Can people please stop saying its 'whining, complaining or moaning' to simply acknowledge the innacuracies? It's not even presenting a viewpoint on them, i dont even hate them or anything about them, it's just acknowledging that they exist?

This did not happen when people pointed out the inaccuracies with the logo on the Spider-man Civil War costume, or how Rocket lacked a mouth, or Doctor Strange's Eye Of Agamotto, people just accepted it because it's just how it is. I'm not dismissing the idea that later in the film or in other media we may see Hela with the helmet covering the face or Loki with the Dark Blue, i'm just pointing out that at the moment we've not seen that so it appears inaccurate at the moment

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

I really wanna see how Hulk's gladiator weapons turn out.  I hope LEGO didn't skip on that hammer and axe.

I think you could probably make your own - the Axe for example could probably be replicated similar to the design in the Nexo Knights Ultimate builds (think Axl's set had one that is compatible with Hulk hands).

Though i would like to see a molded Hammer, i believe the movie one is partially based on an engine of some kind

Hammer.jpg

We might eventually get a Loki or Hela that is accurate, so it's not that big of a deal. If we don't they look similar enough to the outfits to the trailer. They might even have a different outfit that is the same as the pictures.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

We might eventually get a Loki or Hela that is accurate, so it's not that big of a deal. If we don't they look similar enough to the outfits to the trailer. They might even have a different outfit that is the same as the pictures.

Exactly, they could do what they did with Civil War with the updated Vision.

Just now, J3D1-T said:

Exactly, they could do what they did with Civil War with the updated Vision.

Or even the updated Spider-Man for the Spider-Man Homecoming sets.

Or even the updated Spider-Man for the Spider-Man Homecoming sets.

Exactly, and Loki's costume could change during the movie anyway, we just don't have enough evidence to be conflicting over it yet.

Just now, J3D1-T said:

Exactly, and Loki's costume could change during the movie anyway, we just don't have enough evidence to be conflicting over it yet.

We haven't even seen set pictures or the movie for Thor Ragnarok, so we don't really have anything to base off of so we should not argue about it and wait to see.

1 minute ago, Franklinw1234 said:

We haven't even seen set pictures or the movie for Thor Ragnarok, so we don't really have anything to base off of so we should not argue about it and wait to see.

I'm so happy to see people thinking positive about it.

Here is the style lego based their Thor figure on.   We know he is wrong. It stands to reason the rest of them will not be redeemed by the movie either.

thorragnarok-conceptart-hela-alley.jpg

I'm happy to get all of those upcoming figs, the only thing I'm dissapointed is we didn't get the new crown piece for Loki, it should be with molded hair. Rest is alright, even Hela I LOVE the Hela fig probably that's just me.  

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I'm happy to get all of those upcoming figs, the only thing I'm dissapointed is we didn't get the new crown piece for Loki, it should be with molded hair. Rest is alright, even Hela I LOVE the Hela fig probably that's just me.  

I do agree Loki should've had a molded crown with hair. I think Thor is one of the best figures he looks really cool.

I do agree Loki should've had a molded crown with hair. I think Thor is one of the best figures he looks really cool.

Yea that's given. If I'm perfectionist I'll be pointing out the arm print, it should be wrapped around. 

44 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I don't think that these variants of characters will need to reappear if they are only for a one film purpose. Well Loki may reappear, there are rumours of his appearance in Infinity War, but theres nothing to support the return of Hela. Also even if they do return for Infinity War, there's no guarantee they'll appear in the sets

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I don't think that these variants of characters will need to reappear if they are only for a one film purpose. Well Loki may reappear, there are rumours of his appearance in Infinity War, but theres nothing to support the return of Hela. Also even if they do return for Infinity War, there's no guarantee they'll appear in the sets

I feel that Loki is more inaccurate than Hela, but Loki is a more important villain in the Marvel movies so I wouldn't be surprised to get an updated or different version in a different set.