Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I don't own a Loki yet. Is his headpiece rubber?

Yes, but not that bendy. It's alright but not a fan tho. 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Yep, but it's not bad. Piece like this couldn't have been made out of normal plastic.

^ yeap yeap

10 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Yep, but it's not bad. Piece like this couldn't have been made out of normal plastic.

I see, thanks. Hopefully Hela's headpiece is made of a similar material.

I think it's a solid plastic. My friend only manage to get Hela so I can't ask him. (He also have buttercup other leaked figs)

Kinda curious what head is underneath Vulture's helmet.  I'm sure LEGO used a generic face, but I'm hopeful we see something new.  After all, this is Michael Keaton we're talking about.

I suppose the main trouble is that originally a figure with just a head print and potentially torso print would have satified people, however with progress of printing and the expansion to giving leg prints and others, people want the figures to be as exclusive and detailed as possible. It now looks strange for a figure not to have leg printing - and when everything is printed except for the arms there is a yearning to have an arm print so that it looks/feels like a complete figure.

With the original GOTG sets, there was a way to do this so that you'd have fully printed Drax, Gamora, Rocket and Starlord - this time around it does not appear to be possible primarily due to the lack of compatible designed arms and legs.

2 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Kinda curious what head is underneath Vulture's helmet.  I'm sure LEGO used a generic face, but I'm hopeful we see something new.  After all, this is Michael Keaton we're talking about.

They'll use Bruce Wayne's head from the original batman fig ?

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

They'll use Bruce Wayne's head from the original batman fig ?

I see what you did there.. :tongue:

Edited by Dr Axels

29 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Probably the loki, yellowjacket head

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I suppose the main trouble is that originally a figure with just a head print and potentially torso print would have satified people, however with progress of printing and the expansion to giving leg prints and others, people want the figures to be as exclusive and detailed as possible. It now looks strange for a figure not to have leg printing - and when everything is printed except for the arms there is a yearning to have an arm print so that it looks/feels like a complete figure.

With the original GOTG sets, there was a way to do this so that you'd have fully printed Drax, Gamora, Rocket and Starlord - this time around it does not appear to be possible primarily due to the lack of compatible designed arms and legs.

I can agree about arm printing, but leg printing is a must! And let's be honest Lego tries to save as much money as possible and reuses some parts like CW Hawkeye's legs for Starlord. If already existing part works with new minifigure , then great- reuse it! But in 2017 it's outdated no to give every minifigure leg print! If Lego Batman Movie showed us something is that Lego can make great and highly detailed minifigures in every price range, 20-50-80$ set with new molds, arm printing and double molded arms and legs. When Starlord in 30$ set doesn't get leg print it's inconsistent, when Vulture-the main villain of the SM movie doesn't have leg print it's outdated! I hope Infinity War minifigure set will be better quality then this years minifigures, Lego has a lot to improve! 

Looks like we may get something that we should get last year,

because it was confirmed by Eric Carrol that Shocker's gaunlets (if we get them) are slightly modified Crossbone's gaunlets.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I can agree about arm printing, but leg printing is a must! And let's be honest Lego tries to save as much money as possible and reuses some parts like CW Hawkeye's legs for Starlord. If already existing part works with new minifigure , then great- reuse it! But in 2017 it's outdated no to give every minifigure leg print! If Lego Batman Movie showed us something is that Lego can make great and highly detailed minifigures in every price range, 20-50-80$ set with new molds, arm printing and double molded arms and legs. When Starlord in 30$ set doesn't get leg print it's inconsistent, when Vulture-the main villain of the SM movie doesn't have leg print it's outdated! I hope Infinity War minifigure set will be better quality then this years minifigures, Lego has a lot to improve! 

I really don't think that every single figure NEEDS leg printing, there are some instances, like Iron Man or Vision who have detailing on their legs that shouldn't go unmissed or the figure could look weird, but some others, say Captain America or Thor, whatever they have on the legs of their costumes isn't even worth printing, and blank legs can work just fine. Same goes to Vulture and Star Lord, they don't really have much for their legs (I can't really see for Vulture, but I think his figure is fine as it is) but they can function just fine without the need for immense detailed printing on legs

49 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I really don't think that every single figure NEEDS leg printing, there are some instances, like Iron Man or Vision who have detailing on their legs that shouldn't go unmissed or the figure could look weird, but some others, say Captain America or Thor, whatever they have on the legs of their costumes isn't even worth printing, and blank legs can work just fine. Same goes to Vulture and Star Lord, they don't really have much for their legs (I can't really see for Vulture, but I think his figure is fine as it is) but they can function just fine without the need for immense detailed printing on legs

Actually Star-Lord in red jacket could have used double molded black legs with dark red boots. Would have way been better!

55 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It's really a miss oppurtunity. Not just with the printing of mechanical structure with knee going down. The talons for Vulture weren't included and it's one of the details he should've gotten!

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually Star-Lord in red jacket could have used double molded black legs with dark red boots. Would have way been better!

They did a print with the first gotg sets, cheapest get the leg printing. I don't know why they skip this year.

4 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Probably the angry clone head :laugh:.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

100% agree with this. No matter what, there's always going to be a complaint about a minifigure. Leg printing is nice when included, but not every figure needs it. When people complained about Black Panther not having leg printing, I didn't see the need for it. There's minimal detail on black panther that it'd have been a waste for Lego to print something so small. Anyways, I get the reason why people aren't happy with vulture. All he needed was a new leg piece, but then that'd have caused an increase to the price on the set. Lego can't please everyone.

21 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

100% agree with this. No matter what, there's always going to be a complaint about a minifigure. Leg printing is nice when included, but not every figure needs it. When people complained about Black Panther not having leg printing, I didn't see the need for it. There's minimal detail on black panther that it'd have been a waste for Lego to print something so small. Anyways, I get the reason why people aren't happy with vulture. All he needed was a new leg piece, but then that'd have caused an increase to the price on the set. Lego can't please everyone.

I agree with that, Zod had a perfect replacement, but so much of Black Panther was a dark grey that blent into the costume, black legs made much more sense

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's really a miss oppurtunity. Not just with the printing of mechanical structure with knee going down. The talons for Vulture weren't included and it's one of the details he should've gotten!

They did a print with the first gotg sets, cheapest get the leg printing. I don't know why they skip this year.

I have to agree that they should have included talons somehow (more ideally a small build), it's the same situation with Crossbones, they ignore the villains unique weapons/gadgets

As for Star Lord, they could have used a Scarlet Witch waist piece to tackle how they carry his jacket on

51 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I agree with that, Zod had a perfect replacement, but so much of Black Panther was a dark grey that blent into the costume, black legs made much more sense

I have to agree that they should have included talons somehow (more ideally a small build), it's the same situation with Crossbones, they ignore the villains unique weapons/gadgets

As for Star Lord, they could have used a Scarlet Witch waist piece to tackle how they carry his jacket on

Knowing in the trailers it does have a big part. I'll be using the ice skates for my Vulture lol.

As for weapons/gadgets I think it is confirmed that Shocker is using the same exact Gauntlet of Crossbones, so hopefully if they unveil Shocker it does include the weap. (Will buy mutiples if that happens)

That's a good solution for Vulture's claws. I really don't understand why they couldn't have molded a small new talon piece that attaches like ice skates- they have a good enough design on the bottom of those Darth Maul mechanical legs. I guess it was just cost constraints. And I don't think every figure needs leg printing. Star-Lord looks perfectly fine without it in Ayesha's Revenge. I think Vulture could have used some detail, though.

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

So as promised, here is the second face of Hela:

Woah, looks great! I absolutely adore the green lipstick on her. Super excited for these sets to be revealed!