Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I hope that for Infinity War sets Lego won't make even smaller and crappier Milano since there's no way they can make worse model of this ship.

Challenge accepted!

I think you're being a little harsh with the set. Yeah it's bad because you have the 2014 one but I feel it's still a decent Milano (with good value). If the 2014 one was never released I think many more would like this.

38 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Challenge accepted!

I think you're being a little harsh with the set. Yeah it's bad because you have the 2014 one but I feel it's still a decent Milano (with good value). If the 2014 one was never released I think many more would like this.

Sure 2014 one was so good that new one seems bad, but new one would have looked bad even without old one. There's a great ucs Milano  MOC on Lego Ideas and that minifigure scale Milano should be the golden standard or maybe even made into set like Helicarier ! I just don't like this trend of making ships smaller each time. I hope Lego doesn't do this to whatever ships will be in IW sets.

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But it's fine to get a rogue Nazi group (Red Skull, Baron Strucker, 4x Hydra Henchmen)?

Parents wouldn't care what set their kid gets, it's only a toy for them to play with. They're not going to turn around and say "I won't buy this set with this Green Goblin character, because it will encourage my child to want to be a supervillain"

While its true for larger than life characters such as supervillains, we should remember that parents have rejected sets simply for including guns in the past.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

To be fair we'll probably get something about this size or slightly larger for Infinity War. Perhaps a 'Milano Vs Quinjet Aerial Battle' or something similar. Though thats getting ahead of ourselves.

50 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Sure 2014 one was so good that new one seems bad, but new one would have looked bad even without old one.

Pretty much this ^

Certain little touches such as how the bit of debris in the cheapest set matches the size/scale of the Milano in the largest set are nice i suppose and i think it may be in-scale with the vehicles in the previous sets, though wont know for sure until the movie...

Just as others have mentioned, not a fan of them introducing a vehicle set and then re-doing that vehicle set for the next movie. I'm concerned when GOTG 3 rolls around in 2020 that we'll see another Milano... :/

Seeing the new homecoming trailer makes me sad we dont get

- vultures claws

- homemade suit

- peter alternate head

Im starting to wonder if we will get any exclusive sets this summer? Last year we got two, im hoping for two again. Any one have any news on this front?

Edited by legosamsonite

This makes me hope there's going to be a third set, an exclusive or something, because that new trailer really highlights how little we're getting. The homemade suit should have been in a set, it looks like it gets a lot of screen time and really for that matter we should have gotten a Peter Parker minifigure too. I just look at all the cool action sequences in that trailer and can't help but think that Lego managed to give us sets based on the least interesting ones.

6 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I'm starting to wonder if we will get any exclusive sets this summer?

No. The Wonder Woman set is the only Super Heroes exclusive this year; there aren't any for Marvel.

6 hours ago, strangely said:

This makes me hope there's going to be a third set, an exclusive or something, because that new trailer really highlights how little we're getting. The homemade suit should have been in a set, it looks like it gets a lot of screen time and really for that matter we should have gotten a Peter Parker minifigure too. I just look at all the cool action sequences in that trailer and can't help but think that Lego managed to give us sets based on the least interesting ones.

Yeah, to me that sounds like a CC exclusive. :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Yeah, to me that sounds like a CC exclusive. :cry_sad:

Don't worry, there's still hope that we could get it in a regular polybag.

1 hour ago, Goonmo said:

Don't worry, there's still hope that we could get it in a regular polybag.

They usually don't do exclusive minifigs in polybags unless it's included in a Blu-ray. While we could possibly get that with Homecoming's home video release, it's unlikely.

4 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

No. The Wonder Woman set is the only Super Heroes exclusive this year; there aren't any for Marvel.

Thanks for the confirmation, it sucks though...

20 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

They usually don't do exclusive minifigs in polybags unless it's included in a Blu-ray. While we could possibly get that with Homecoming's home video release, it's unlikely.

Does anyone remember how the Rocket Raccoon polybag was released?

1 minute ago, BrickHat said:

Does anyone remember how the Rocket Raccoon polybag was released?

Toys R Us. That was 3 years ago though...

9 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Toys R Us. That was 3 years ago though...

Hmmm. And now that I remember, wasn't the Hulk polybag similar?

Sadly Marvel doesn't get as much polybag love as DC does. Anyways, from the trailer, it would seem a mistake for Lego not to release the homemade suit, if it is indeed so representative of what Spidey is going through.

With Peter's suit-swapping being such a major plot point, I'm surprised they didn't include the homemade one. I'm still holding out hope for some kind of a release for that suit, though admittedly, if you've saved your stickers from the Spider-Trike, it wouldn't be terribly hard to make a purist custom alternative.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Electro came in a polybag though? As did the exclusive Age of Ultron Hulk and the Rocket Racoon and as far as I know they weren't with any Blu-ray releases, just Toys R Us promotions. 

I would even say that the homemade suit for Spiderman is more important than rocket in his ravager suit. I feel that Lego will probably release a polybag with the homemade suit after the release of Spiderman Homecoming.

24 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I would even say that the homemade suit for Spiderman is more important than rocket in his ravager suit. I feel that Lego will probably release a polybag with the homemade suit after the release of Spiderman Homecoming.

As much as I love that to be true I think we'd have known about the polybag by now sadly. Welcome by the way! :).

That is true, but maybe Lego will see that the homemade suit is an important part to the movie and will decide to release it. And if Lego doesn't make one Numbuh1Nerd's custom is a good alternative. Thank you by the way, just decided to make an account here on eurobricks. 

On March 28, 2017 at 10:25 PM, legosamsonite said:

Seeing the new homecoming trailer makes me sad we dont get

- vultures claws

- homemade suit

- peter alternate head

Im starting to wonder if we will get any exclusive sets this summer? Last year we got two, im hoping for two again. Any one have any news on this front?

You're not the only one. As I was saying from the very first trailer. That suit is something we can't miss.

Calling the TLG, it's important. We want it, you guys give it!

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

You're not the only one. As I was saying from the very first trailer. That suit is something we can't miss.

Calling the TLG, it's important. We want it, you guys give it!

What do you mean by calling Lego?

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

That is true, but maybe Lego will see that the homemade suit is an important part to the movie and will decide to release it. And if Lego doesn't make one Numbuh1Nerd's custom is a good alternative. Thank you by the way, just decided to make an account here on eurobricks. 

Would be a nice touch. Hopefully it doesn't end up as an SDCC fig otherwise my other half isn't going to be happy :laugh:. No worries - it's a good place around here! I lurked for ages before joining, don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

Just now, Captain Britain said:

Would be a nice touch. Hopefully it doesn't end up as an SDCC fig otherwise my other half isn't going to be happy :laugh:. No worries - it's a good place around here! I lurked for ages before joining, don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

Yeah, I hope they don't make it a SDCC figure either or I probably will end up not getting it. I also agree with your last statement I have been lurking for almost a year. Should've just made an account :hmpf:.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement for Vultures legs? I was thinking one of the Rogue One cargo pants.

25 minutes ago, doclord said:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a replacement for Vultures legs? I was thinking one of the Rogue One cargo pants.

Only clawed legs I know of are Darth Mauls from 2013 set, but they are robotic, so not a 100% accurate.