Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually I'm pretty happy that Bruce Banner minifigure isn't transforming into Hulk. When delta first posted descriptions of Ragnarok sets I thought Bruce would have torn clothes and be in transformation phase. Glad we'll get normal Bruce!

It's transforming the way he turns his eyes into green, probably the second face is normal? Hmmm. 

We're just waiting for Valkyrie now and a bunch of Henchmen, if we're going to follow the info Delta gave 

37 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The other figure might be the guard figure delta posted about

Yea, it could be the Guard, because it's the one that fits the description delta gave

These all look pretty good! Hela's just as crazy as the comics, Banner's normal (though I like my purist version even more), Loki is fine.

All in all, Lego didn't make too many mistakes on this wave's figures! 

4 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

These all look pretty good! Hela's just as crazy as the comics, Banner's normal (though I like my purist version even more), Loki is fine.

All in all, Lego didn't make too many mistakes on this wave's figures! 

Correct, way way way much better than GoTG and Spiderman, I must say.

Now Hela, that's something I can get behind. Her fig looks great! :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Where did you see Hela mining? Can't find it.

On my previous post, hit the right arrow button to the last image.

Okay. My opinion on the minifigs.

Thor-he looks awesome, face looks really cool and helmet too. Torso is incredible. I love it, that arm printing and armor looks awesome. And that capes look cool too.

Loki-hmmm... he doesn't look bad, but not good at all. Cape and torso are good, but some arm and leg printing would be nice. Face... quality of the photo is low, but face looks bad and not accurate. Helmet and hair is nothing new, I'm a bit dissapointed.

Hela-she looks epic. Her torso, cape and hair are really accurate. That head and helmet are really good too, and I hope we will get second face without that mask on eyes. 

Bruce-he's so cool. His suit looks accurate and awesome, but hair looks like it is blue. Face looks way too young and I hope we'll get second face.

Guard-I don't know if he's accurate or not, but I like him. He looks cool.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

I think the blue cape is Valkyrie's.

Blue cape is second Thor cape, and Valkyrie doesn't have a cape.

Pretty sure you guys are missing these. 

And this

And this

Apologies if these have been shown already!

Edited by JACKATTACKS
corrected spelling

57 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Figs look pretty great can't wait to see the giant headpiece on Hela also does anyone else think Bruce Banner looks like the X-men movies Quicksilver? 

I cannot unsee that one anymore. Hahahaha only if he has white hair. 

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is that a new sword mold?

I believe that's a custom sword.

Nice to finally have a figure of Bruce. Civillian variants of superheroes are always welcome.

The new Thor looks pretty good, especially with the new helmet piece. I think I prefer Loki's previous costume more since the grey/green look suits him better than the bright orange/dark blue. Glad he finally has his own face print though. Hopefully the alternate face print has his classic evil cheesy grin.

Hela is my favourite of the lot and I'm glad they included her headdress in the set. The mold for it is fantastic!

11 minutes ago, wesker said:

Nice to finally have a figure of Bruce. Civillian variants of superheroes are always welcome.

The new Thor looks pretty good, especially with the new helmet piece. I think I prefer Loki's previous costume more since the grey/green look suits him better than the bright orange/dark blue. Glad he finally has his own face print though. Hopefully the alternate face print has his classic evil cheesy grin.

Hela is my favourite of the lot and I'm glad they included her headdress in the set. The mold for it is fantastic!

All in all as I've said it is much better collection of figs than spidey and gotg, I can't wait to see the build. 

Thor is probably the best figures in the line-up. We get a battle damaged and a non-battle damaged version of the same costume which is great. I'm glad Lego are doing this with figures like Nebula for example. Damaged version has a blood stain and a leg wound. We also see his 'calm' face which is a fairly neutral expression which is nice because the smiling really would'nt have suited the look they were going for. The helmet is nice and the arm and undamaged leg print is good and can probably be used on some other figures. Hate the purple plaster on his damaged version - like Hulk's shoulder pad it looks ridiculous and detracts from the figure.

8zTlq81.png

I need to see better pictures of the other figures to make a better judgement. At the moment i hate the new Loki design, the colour scheme detracts heavily from his character and if he was not wearing the helmet i would'nt have recognised him as Loki. My main concern as of the moment is Hela's Headdress. We have'nt yet seen the movie headdress from the front so it could be the case where it does not have the eye covering, if that is the situation then i'm sorry, but the Lego helmet becomes worthless in my view...

Overall it's a massive shame Lego seems to be skimping on the Marvel sets this year, the figures other than Spider-man, Thor and Iron Man have suffered greatly - a magnitude of figures that used to have leg or arm printing now lack it. Most the sets are 'ok' but they are primarily downgrades or generic sets rather than making something iconic or interesting - the closest we get is the interesting feature with the ship in the middle-priced GOTG set or the reduced scale/size version of the Milano which will be ignored by everyone wanting a version of the set.

Hela, Vulture and Shocker all deserve full arm and leg print (I've listed Shocker for now because i expect he'll be lacking either arm or leg print) These are the main villains and should be given the right treatment. It should be common practice at this stage to go all-out on the main heroes and the main villains. We may never see Hela again and by the looks of things all she has is a torso print and a facial print that will be completely obscured when wearing the mask, which any fan of her would probably have her do all the time.

Edited by Scarilian

Absolutely love that Hela and the headpiece is amazing! Can't wait to get her. All the other figures are also great. Can't wait to see the builds. I hope they're better than the other movie sets this year.

Wow, was not expecting so many at once.

Thor(s):  Definitely love the new Thor.  I'm glad they changed his look in the movie.  Not sure I understand the "Lightning-eyes" as that never happened with Mjolnir, but it still new printing for Thor nonetheless.  Then there is the helmet and capes :wub:.

Loki: Is he dark blue in the image?  I don't know how I feel about that.  At least the head is new too.

Hela: YES.  Everything is perfect with this fig, in my opinion.  Thought LEGO might cheap out and skip the helmet, but they went for it and didn't disappoint.  Hopefully Hela's face is double-sided.  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but does it look like Hela's legs have both dual-mold and printing?  I think I can see a faint line across the knee on both legs.

5 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Wow, was not expecting so many at once.

Thor(s):  Definitely love the new Thor.  I'm glad they changed his look in the movie.  Not sure I understand the "Lightning-eyes" as that never happened with Mjolnir, but it still new printing for Thor nonetheless.  Then there is the helmet and capes :wub:.

Loki: Is he dark blue in the image?  I don't know how I feel about that.  At least the head is new too.

Hela: YES.  Everything is perfect with this fig, in my opinion.  Thought LEGO might cheap out and skip the helmet, but they went for it and didn't disappoint.  Hopefully Hela's face is double-sided.  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but does it look like Hela's legs have both dual-mold and printing?  I think I can see a faint line across the knee on both legs.

Thor's thunder face reminds me of the scene in age of Ultron where in he saw the vision of upcoming Thor Ragnarok. Rage mode I guess. 

And Yes, Loki is dark blue similar to Ayesha's costume. 

Hela's legs, printing is actually there but I can't see a dual molded leg there.