Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Just now, Sir Gareth said:

Sharing an illegitimate minifigure would be a waste of both my time and yours.

Jerry is a reputable source.

Alright thanks! Though I'm kinda disappointed that Lego screwed up Thor by giving him orange hair (or is it a head taken from another minifig?)

14 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Sharing an illegitimate minifigure would be a waste of both my time and yours.

Jerry is a reputable source.

Glad to know that! Awesome!

I can see a minifig lying down on the floor with pocket printed in the side of legs. Is that also belongs to Thor: Ragnarok? 

I know they are the real deal because Jerry confirmed it on his page and Sir Gareth is amazing with this kind of stuff, but the designs remind me so much of bootlegs and not the quality Lego is known for :sceptic:

Maybe its just the lighting in the photo... 

Edited by Legocity2713

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh man, can someone just confirm if this is legit or not?

I don't think we can get official confirmation until we see the actual boxart. But this looks pretty legit to me! The fact that it's pictured next to the new Hulk adds to its credibility (it adds to the fact that the photo-taker managed to acquire unreleased figures).

EDIT: Forgot to add that the new Thor looks incredible. Leaps and bounds ahead of all previously released Thor minifigs. I was hoping that it'd come with the dual jade blades seen in the concept art / Empire pictures, but the new sword looks pretty good too!

Edited by Aethersprite

Well, assuming that Thor figure is real, it looks pretty good! I would've preferred something slightly closer to the helmet seen in the comics and the 2011 film (e.g. use a lighter color, have the protruding "wings" more upright rather than swept back), but overall it's better than I feared! I'll probably stick to the older Thors' bodies and heads, but that helmet has utility!

Delta just posted pics of Bruce, Thor (both costumes), and Loki on his instagram 

Theres also some weird looking purple figure posted but im not sure who it could be

No new hair for Loki :sceptic: his fig is rather disappointing. At least he's got a new face so I can get rid of the horrible last one

Oh my god they look horrible. :sick: Thor is the only one I can sort of stomach.

It looks like Loki has a generic Clone Trooper's head tacked onto Taskmaster's body and Banner looks like somebody's bad purist version. Even the head doesn't look that great. 

Thor is officiall, but so are his capes. Why 2 thick capes Lego? Bruce Banner look good, but not great, would have preferred to see him in his Avengers purple shirt instead. Loki looks different to say the least: new face, yellow cape, new prints for the body and he has hairpiece as well nice touch Lego!  Last guy looks cool but who is he supposed to be? Overall I'm really impressed by these selection of minifigures!

21 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Oh my god they look horrible. :sick: Thor is the only one I can sort of stomach.

It looks like Loki has a generic Clone Trooper's head tacked onto Taskmaster's body and Banner looks like somebody's bad purist version. Even the head doesn't look that great. 

Yea I agree about Loki he really does look generic.I was honestly expecting something better considering his lacking design on the original Avengers sets.

Still Thor looks amazing and this is all that matters to me.

Actually I'm pretty happy that Bruce Banner minifigure isn't transforming into Hulk. When delta first posted descriptions of Ragnarok sets I thought Bruce would have torn clothes and be in transformation phase. Glad we'll get normal Bruce!

I'm both happy and sad that Bruce is regular and not turning into the Hulk. I want to see the alternate faces on Loki and Bruce (if they have them). I'm reserving judgement on Loki's body until clear pictures come out, but I'm glad he has a new face and that they included hair as well as his helmet. Thor looks good but I wonder why he has glowing blue eyes? I'm really excited to see Hela and the rest of the sets, as I'm sure they'll be wonderful and probably the best Marvel sets of 2017! 

I like the top of Loki but the rest? :sceptic: Banner looks good along with whatever the heck the other thing is. I like Thor's new head and arm printing!

1 minute ago, Borex said:

Bruce has green eyes. He's definitely changing into Hulk.

No he just got shot out of the Lazuras Pit :tongue:

Edited by Ashnflash

Loki' face looks like it has a better likeness of Tom Hiddleston even from these blurry images. I'm glad Bruce is more normal looking, his torso will surely be useful. I can't say that anything else is really catching my eye. It's cool that Thor has a helmet, but i don't think it'd work as well on the comic figure.