Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I'm sure once we see Hulk in action in the Thor movie, people's opinions will change and this figure will be sought after. We'll be able to overlook that shade of blue. 

15 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

I'm sure once we see Hulk in action in the Thor movie, people's opinions will change and this figure will be sought after. We'll be able to overlook that shade of blue. 

Well on concept art that pauldron looks metallic blue , so Lego still messed up the colors!

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Well on concept art that pauldron looks metallic blue , so Lego still messed up the colors!

But concept art doesn't count - only what actually ends up in the movie...

In the pictures released a few weeks ago, Thor seems to have a teal-colored shoulder pad. Understandably Lego couldn't make it that color, but I'm just not sure this was the best choice. I still love the figure though and I hope it's accurate to he movie! 

16 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

When it comes to LEGO, concept art counts; ie Agent 13

26 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

Actually it does, every licensed sets based on upcoming movie provides concept art to toy manufacturers. So that's why there's inconsistencies like Mandarin buggy from Iron Man 3 line. 

55 minutes ago, elederberg said:

Wait but didn't amazingbricks tell us all the final would actually be silver and not blue?

Yep, that's amazingbricks for you, huh?

1 hour ago, elederberg said:

Wait but didn't amazingbricks tell us all the final would actually be silver and not blue?

I don't recall that, but we know now that it is 100% blue

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I would like to point out the incredibly high possibility that this is not the finalised version, but the same (or very likely a similar prototype) to the one that we saw previously.

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Why is it that when @Amazing Bricks provided information on a set or minifigure in the past, which later did not happen, everybody freaked out? Everyone makes mistakes in life. It's not uncommon. But to some individuals it was the end for them. He already apologized for the events that happened, to which he found out his source was a fraud. What more do you people want from him? Whenever a piece of false news was brought up, everyone just went after him. It almost seems as if some people were more caring about a stupid toy than a human being. That is the saddest thing ever! Leave him alone and let him explore Eurobricks without being pestered. The Eurobricks slogan is "Uniting lego fans around the world". It does not say to hate other fans because you don't get the correct color or piece of plastic you wanted!! I'm sorry for the rant, but this has been on my mind for months and I had to say something. 

That Hulk looks glorious. I hope the set is colorful too. As someone who's not a fan of LEGO's Hulk and his ridiculous hair, I think the helmet is insanely well done. Though I do understand why people won't particularly like it. :tongue:

Just now, AmericaLego said:

Why is it that when @Amazing Bricks provided information on a set or minifigure in the past, which later did not happen, everybody freaked out? Everyone makes mistakes in life. It's not uncommon. But to some individuals it was the end for them. He already apologized for the events that happened, to which he found out his source was a fraud. What more do you people want from him? Whenever a piece of false news was brought up, everyone just went after him. It almost seems as if some people were more caring about a stupid toy than a human being. That is the saddest thing ever! Leave him alone and let him explore Eurobricks without being pestered. The Eurobricks slogan is "Uniting lego fans around the world". It does not say to hate other fans because you don't get the correct color or piece of plastic you wanted!! I'm sorry for the rant, but this has been on my mind for months and I had to say something. 

I don't think hate is a good word to use. When you "quit" scooping because you were wrong, it's just expected that you've admitted you and your source were wrong and don't try and redeem it. It's more frustration with the execution of it all and how everyone trusts someone who's often wrong. It's not a mistake, it's persistent attention seeking. This site was also intended for adults or people who could at least have the decency to act like an adult. We're all united by common interest for sure but the scoop game is one that people take somewhat seriously. A mistake is saying something incorrect and editing, deleting, or providing a follow-up saying you were wrong. That's all the more understandable but consistently messing up and only apologizing when you get called out it not a common mistake. 

I don't mean anything bad to Amazingbricks at all, he's a good user when people aren't caught up in scoops. But attention comes easy on a LEGO forum it seems. :shrug_confused:

Honestly, I don't mind the blue shoulder pad that much. I can see why some hate it, but I think it adds a bit of variety to the figure and makes it look more interesting. We'll just have to wait and see if this is the final product or not.

Everyone remember this is a set discussion thread, not a concept art comparison thread and certainly not a source-validity/witch hunt thread. 

Talk about the sets here or talk elsewhere.

Thanks! :thumbup: 

Happy (Belated) St. Patrick's Day!

Thor Ragnarok !

Source: Jerry Kritphiwat on Flickr

Edited by Sir Gareth

James st spotted that on Jerry's thread. He's posted a second image with the Thor figure side on.

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

Just spotted that on Jerry's thread. He's posted a second image with the Thor figure side-on.

For Reference:

Smash !

Is this a real life? Is this a fantasy? *oops this belongs to DC thread* 

But srsly, this new Thor fig is awesome! Use the dog show winner hair piece and that's good to go!

41 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow new Thor is awesome! Arm print, new helmet, new sword, new face- sign me up! Can't wait to see official pictures and buy the sets!

Do we already have the same sword mold with different color? Hmm if so, in what line/theme?

13 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Wait is this Thor fig the real deal and not some fake costume fig??

red hair, 2 capes & what is obviously a costume sword. So guess again.

I think the helmet is also from some 3rd party seller.

I'm pretty that the sword at least is custom...I mean he's got a custom spear in the picture. Can't really tell if the fig is legit or not.