Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

By the way- I found a quick and easy solution to get the wheels on LOLA to lie flat in flying mode, if anyone's interested. 

Me! 

48 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Me! 

Okay, so on the bottom there are 2 2x4 light bluish gray plates that are placed perpendicular to the 2x2 gray plates with the blue tiles on them. If you just move the  2x4 plates to match up with the 2x2 ones and go over the black chassis, the wheels will fit properly. If this explanation is too complicated I can post pictures to imgur and link them here. 

53 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

By the way- I found a quick and easy solution to get the wheels on LOLA to lie flat in flying mode, if anyone's interested. 

I did as well. Removing the 2x4 light gray pieces from a horizontal position to one in which they are parallel to the chassis right? 

EDIT: Ninja'd :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Okay, so on the bottom there are 2 2x4 light bluish gray plates that are placed perpendicular to the 2x2 gray plates with the blue tiles on them. If you just move the  2x4 plates to match up with the 2x2 ones and go over the black chassis, the wheels will fit properly. If this explanation is too complicated I can post pictures to imgur and link them here. 

I'll appreciate if you can send me a PM. thanks alot! 

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Legoman123 Does Phoenix customs use Lego pieces? 

MCU characters shouldn't be SDCC exclusive IMO.

I'd rather MCU characters be than their comic counterparts, honestly. Like, I'd trade MCU Falcon for that Falcon Cap figure from 2015 without any hesitation. It helps that I've yet to see the MCU design a better costume than the comics already have, though. 

Do we know for sure if the set featuring Hela will include her headdress?  I'm nervous LEGO is going to avoid a new mold for this one.

Also, any ideas on a good substitute for Grandmaster's hair?  I was thinking of using the hair from Twelfth Doctor fig.

8 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Do we know for sure if the set featuring Hela will include her headdress?  I'm nervous LEGO is going to avoid a new mold for this one.

Also, any ideas on a good substitute for Grandmaster's hair?  I was thinking of using the hair from Twelfth Doctor fig.

That's a good hair, but the best choice would be Spy minifigure's hair from CMF in dark bley.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/col257/spy-minifig-only-entry

Edited by benderisgreat

7 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Would be very disappointed to not get a new mold for her headdress - especially considering how the character looks without the headdress.

13 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Legoman123 Does Phoenix customs use Lego pieces?

I tend to enjoy Michaelmgf when it comes to reviews of Marvel & DC sets, he normally remarks quite a bit on accuracy. From what i can tell the same printed method is used and its printed ontop of official lego pieces.

He did some reviews on Captain America, Spider-man and The Collector by Phoenix Customs that should help you decide - only minor issue is that these figures may not currently be available. Sometimes they are re-released and i believe if you message Phoenix Customs on Facebook then you should hear back about if a re-release is planned or if an affiliate seller has them.

Edited by Scarilian

8 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Is the new superman hair in grey yet?

26 minutes ago, deskp said:

I don't think so, the only available colors for that is the one we have in soccer team. 12th Doctor's hair is actually accurate looking at the only official pic released. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think so, the only available colors for that is the one we have in soccer team. 12th Doctor's hair is actually accurate looking at the only official pic released. 

I don't know; I like that it's got volume and it's styled , but the Ddoctor's hair is clearly for balding characters.  I don't know whether Goldblum's actual hairline is receding, but he's definitely playing a character with a full head of hair in Thor.

I'm in favor of the J Jonah Jameson/Magneto hair, but in light gray. It fits at least as well as either the official part or the Doctor Who piece, and as an added bonus it has consistency with his brother, the Collector.

1 hour ago, N_Cat said:

I don't know; I like that it's got volume and it's styled , but the Ddoctor's hair is clearly for balding characters.  I don't know whether Goldblum's actual hairline is receding, but he's definitely playing a character with a full head of hair in Thor.

I'm in favor of the J Jonah Jameson/Magneto hair, but in light gray. It fits at least as well as either the official part or the Doctor Who piece, and as an added bonus it has consistency with his brother, the Collector.

Yeah, I was going to say that maybe either the BvS Superman hair or the spiked up Hawkeye hair in dark grey might work. The Jameson hair is the best option now. We need a new slicked back hair piece that's similar to those of President Business and the LBM Joker, just not as wacky as either of those pieces.

27 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Yeah, I was going to say that maybe either the BvS Superman hair or the spiked up Hawkeye hair in dark grey might work. The Jameson hair is the best option now. We need a new slicked back hair piece that's similar to those of President Business and the LBM Joker, just not as wacky as either of those pieces.

1 hour ago, N_Cat said:

Good point, unfortunately I don't have Collector to make a consistency, how bout you guys? :grin:

5 hours ago, deskp said:

I was thinking of using Captain Stacy's hair. 

Just got the Iron Man BrickHeadz along with the Jet Pursuit, Belle, and the Disney Castle. Super excited to put the jet together and get at that Kamala fig!!

40 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just got the Iron Man BrickHeadz along with the Jet Pursuit, Belle, and the Disney Castle. Super excited to put the jet together and get at that Kamala fig!!

Do you have two torso in your region/country?

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Do you have two torso in your region/country?

I'm not opening it for a couple days, but I'll let you guys know when I do. I'm in the USA though so I don't think it comes with two torsos. 

23 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

I'd say she'll have a rubber headdress, like Loki's helmet. 

The Capaldi cut or the Joker hair in some shade of bley would've been ideal, so I'd work in that range.