Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, Borex said:

Maybe they only do two spidey sets as there are still three other spidey sets available.

*huh* speculation? 

1 minute ago, legosamsonite said:

I think he means last years sets

Oh, from comic line, I see, but that's really different. 

Don't really think we would need any more Spider Man sets, after the robbers, Iron Man, Vulture and Shocker, there's nothing else that could draw in a big audience to a set

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Don't really think we would need any more Spider Man sets, after the robbers, Iron Man, Vulture and Shocker, there's nothing else that could draw in a big audience to a set

Home made suit. Peter Parker. Bunch of civilians.

53 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's only 2 major villains : the big bad - Vulture and Shocker. There's really nothing else to make, so I'm happy that we are getting just 2 sets, thus finally giving us a Thor movie sets.

The only gripe I have is really the Home made Spidey suit, but then again they can release it with promotion or exclusive. 

I'm sort of interested in the larger Spider-man Homecoming set, but i'm not sure if its worth it. Hopefully we see Shocker soon to be motivation to get it.

Unsure also about the new Milano, i'm not as much of a collector of the builds as i used to be and it's not really sparking my interest - but it'll probably be cheaper to get the set than bricklinking the figures

55 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

there's nothing else that could draw in a big audience to a set

We are aware of 'Tinkerer', a third villain, and we do not currently have a release of any of the more focused on side characters such as Aunt May or the roommate character. Though admittedly they would be unlikely to draw attention.

53 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

The first might draw people in. The second does not provide much to attract attention. The third is already available to everyone easily via other themes.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

I'm sort of interested in the larger Spider-man Homecoming set, but i'm not sure if its worth it. Hopefully we see Shocker soon to be motivation to get it.

Unsure also about the new Milano, i'm not as much of a collector of the builds as i used to be and it's not really sparking my interest - but it'll probably be cheaper to get the set than bricklinking the figures

We are aware of 'Tinkerer', a third villain, and we do not currently have a release of any of the more focused on side characters such as Aunt May or the roommate character. Though admittedly they would be unlikely to draw attention.

The first might draw people in. The second does not provide much to attract attention. The third is already available to everyone easily via other themes.

It will be worth it, as for Vulture, do you guys think we will have a different face print or what? 

Is this the first time we are getting the orange colored bricks like the one in the new Milano set? 

Edited by SpiderJazz
400th post yay.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It will be worth it, as for Vulture, do you guys think we will have a different face print or what?

Not sure... would question why they did not show his face print at NYTF. Who knows, could happen, i just think they would have shown it off more if it was a unique head.

@ReZourceman Thank you for the heads up regarding Ocado! For all in the UK, Ocado currently have a £20 off first purchase offer, so I snagged all three GotG Vol 2 sets for £75. Each set also qualifies for a free minifigure or mixel, so I got three LBM minifigures for free too. 

Regarding the new Homecoming sets, they're a definite pass for me. The Vulture's wing construction is brilliant though, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Ragnarok sets.

Sets should be arriving Monday so will give more detailed thoughts on them when they arrive :3

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Thank you for the heads up regarding Ocado! For all in the UK, Ocado currently have a £20 off first purchase offer, so I snagged all three GotG Vol 2 sets for £75. Each set also qualifies for a free minifigure or mixel, so I got three LBM minifigures for free too.

Ended up using the Ocado method, thanks for the heads up about the money off. Ended up ordering all three sets, plus three of the TLBM figures and they gave a spare tea towel for free xD

Unsure if it will help others, but i found they have a voucher code that offers £25 off first time purchases. Its meant to be if its £100 or more, but it works under that for some reason. Also gives you free shipping, you can also schedule delivery.

In essence you can get all three sets, which would originally cost you £95 for £70 AND get either three TLBM CMF's or three Nexo Knights power packs.

Its effectively a perfect offer if you plan on getting any New Lego sets and are UK based, especially the new GOTG sets.

ZGTqfeV.png

Edited by Scarilian

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Sets should be arriving Monday so will give more detailed thoughts on them when they arrive :3

Ended up using the Ocado method, thanks for the heads up about the money off. Ended up ordering all three sets, plus three of the TLBM figures and they gave a spare tea towel for free xD

Unsure if it will help others, but i found they have a voucher code that offers £25 off first time purchases. Its meant to be if its £100 or more, but it works under that for some reason. Also gives you free shipping, you can also schedule delivery.

In essence you can get all three sets, which would originally cost you £95 for £70 AND get either three TLBM CMF's or three Nexo Knights power packs.

Its effectively a perfect offer if you plan on getting any New Lego sets and are UK based, especially the new GOTG sets.

Lucky you, it's not available yet in my country. Cannot find it on the secondary market either.  Once you got the set can you post a comparison between 2k14 and 2k17 minfigs?

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lucky you, it's not available yet in my country. Cannot find it on the secondary market either.  Once you got the set can you post a comparison between 2k14 and 2k17 minfigs?

I've just filmed a video comparing all of them, and it will be up shortly. In the meantime here is one of just Groots.

17 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

I've just filmed a video comparing all of them, and it will be up shortly. In the meantime here is one of just Groots.

*huh* That size difference is insane!

Edited by Foxes Productionz

On 25/02/2017 at 2:04 PM, ReZourceman said:

Available in the UK from Ocado. I actually got mine from Amazon but I can't even find it on there now.

I had no idea Ocado sold anything other than food!

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@HyperOnion Same thing as my thought Spidey is the biggest selling name for Marvel, wonder why there's only 2 sets. But you'll never know. One of a lifetime release, hopefully they will consider the villains and important characters. 

Well they always have Spider-man sets available, and as far as I know last year's sets are still on the shelves.

I was so surprised they had the sets and I stumbled upon them completely by accident.

I fancied an Easter Egg, so searched for that. Couldn't find one I wanted, ideally like a Caramel one or a Galaxy one. So then I was like "I'll just grab a Salted Caramel Galaxy bar then", so I searched for Galaxy...saw them at the bottom of the page and was delighted!

15 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Seems i've been beaten to the punch by ReZourceman :P 

Though i may end up doing a picture line-up of the option that i suggest for someone previously, of getting specific figures to have a movie 1 styled line-up of the Guardians. E.g. wearing the red ravager outfits and potentially having Rocket's arm printing on a few of them for added details.

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I had no idea Ocado sold anything other than food!

Well they always have Spider-man sets available, and as far as I know last year's sets are still on the shelves.

Hopefully the MCU Spider-man sets or the movie ends up being popular so we'll see more sets for the sequel in 2019 - as long as its not covered by tons of Avengers 4 sets.

Though in the current state i doubt this wave will be popular given only the truck set has figures that will really interest people. I can't really see people buying the bank set unless they really want to own the Avengers-masked robbers. I'll probably get it for a spare Spider-man and for spare '100' printed money tiles. If i keep the truck will probably mod it into a money van, fill the back with money and have it as the robber's escape vehicle - while Shocker and Vulture would probably be kept seperate (hopefully for an MCU Sinister Six one day...)

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Seems i've been beaten to the punch by ReZourceman :P 

Though i may end up doing a picture line-up of the option that i suggest for someone previously, of getting specific figures to have a movie 1 styled line-up of the Guardians. E.g. wearing the red ravager outfits and potentially having Rocket's arm printing on a few of them for added details.

Hopefully the MCU Spider-man sets or the movie ends up being popular so we'll see more sets for the sequel in 2019 - as long as its not covered by tons of Avengers 4 sets.

Though in the current state i doubt this wave will be popular given only the truck set has figures that will really interest people. I can't really see people buying the bank set unless they really want to own the Avengers-masked robbers. I'll probably get it for a spare Spider-man and for spare '100' printed money tiles. If i keep the truck will probably mod it into a money van, fill the back with money and have it as the robber's escape vehicle - while Shocker and Vulture would probably be kept seperate (hopefully for an MCU Sinister Six one day...)

It's okay while I'm waiting for those sets to be available here in my place, I'm enjoying every reviews/comparison/thoughts in YT here in forums. So I'll appreciate the pics that you will be posting! 

Is anyone else dissapointed that Gamora is the worst minifigure of Guardians 2 line? Why would Lego use exact same torso for her and Star Lord, when they usually print some negative space and feminine curves for female characters? Also while it's now widely known fact that toy manufacturers use concept art when creating toys based on upcoming movies, why didn't Lego bother to give Gamora unique torso print based on black suit she wears in the trailers? I mean Hasbro got her suit kinda accurately , but Lego didn't, where's logic in that?

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Is anyone else dissapointed that Gamora is the worst minifigure of Guardians 2 line? Why would Lego use exact same torso for her and Star Lord, when they usually print some negative space and feminine curves for female characters? Also while it's now widely known fact that toy manufacturers use concept art when creating toys based on upcoming movies, why didn't Lego bother to give Gamora unique torso print based on black suit she wears in the trailers? I mean Hasbro got her suit kinda accurately , but Lego didn't, where's logic in that?

Run out of ideas, I guess? Yeah they can easily tweak it with curves for the female body and negative space for hips. 

13 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

They're saving money by reusing a print, not that hard to see.

How would it save money? Printing one design costs no more than another - and the graphic designer isn't paid by the job, they're on a salary.

These sets seem to have been rushed, Lego might be stretching its resources a bit thinly - Batman movie, Ninjago movie and Episode 8, I imagine everything else was a low priority assignment to be rushed through.