Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Well tbh, they only corrected Infinity Stone on Vision's head but the rest of the body is still not movie accurate.

Yea, but atleast they corrected the most important part. Imo concept art of Vision is much better design than the final prod. But that's just me.

I'm perfectly happy with the Vision we have. Could be more accurate but it looks a lot like the movie counterpart and there's not really a better body or head color they could use. 

Does anyone feel like the Homecoming sets are overpriced? I think they're fine in terms of how many pieces you get for the price, but the finished products just don't look worth the money to me. I'll still pick both of them up though. 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm perfectly happy with the Vision we have. Could be more accurate but it looks a lot like the movie counterpart and there's not really a better body or head color they could use. 

Does anyone feel like the Homecoming sets are overpriced? I think they're fine in terms of how many pieces you get for the price, but the finished products just don't look worth the money to me. I'll still pick both of them up though. 

First set is actually alright for $19.99, Beware the Vulture is kinda high, but we will see once they reveal the Shocker minifig. There is no special with the first set, you can brick link the goons if you really want that. Same exact spidey fig set#2 is a win win.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

First set is actually alright for $19.99, Beware the Vulture is kinda high, but we will see once they reveal the Shocker minifig. There is no special with the first set, you can brick link the goons if you really want that. Same exact spidey fig set#2 is a win win.

Beware the Vulture should be the same price as Ayesha's Revenge. Instead in some places its the same price as the GOTG2 Milano set.

If Shocker has full printing; arms, legs, head, torso... then i may get it at full price. Otherwise it's a pass till it drops price.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It really hurts when they will release famous characters that will complete the roster of your own collection, great example is Collector. 

There is a rather nice custom floating around by Phoenix Customs - unsure if its for sale anymore though

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There was an increase in prices recently globally, the UK apparently suffered more-so.
I expect the sets to go on sale to a more reasonable price, similar to the TLBM sets dropping prices by about 20% barely a week or so after the movie's release.

Edited by Scarilian

@Scarilian I don't have any problems with customs but I think it ruins the completion of the roster, OC-ness knowing that you have a custom with all authentic lego released characters. 

Does that custom used lego pieces and have the embossed letter with every piece?

Also, in terms of the Avengers, i feel Thor should have arm and leg printing this time around - and hopefully we get an updated Loki as all the versions are based off his Avengers movie appearance and he's changed costume since.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Scarilian I don't have any problems with customs but I think it ruins the completion of the roster, OC-ness knowing that you have a custom with all authentic lego released characters. 

Does that custom used lego pieces and have the embossed letter with every piece?

http://www.phoenixcustombricks.com/the-curator/

Official left, custom right.

16259707117_9c90fe5aaa_b.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

How much are they?

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

We cannot dismiss the possibility of getting him at SDCC or via other methods of distribution such as polybag's - unless you are certain the SDCC figure is not going to be him? and that he will not be released in any way in 2017.

This is true--we (and I) cannot confirm or deny the possibility that Ego will be a SDCC character...just as we cannot confirm nor deny any other character could end up as a figure. With no proof however, it just wish-listing and that doesn't belong in this thread. In the event that he does end up being a physical minifigure (SDCC or otherwise), then one can discuss away here. But not before then. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Do we get a topic for speculation then? Just wondering as the Pirates theme has two topics for the POTC 5 sets, one for confirmed the other for speculation.

We do have one that no one ever uses: Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

You may recall this thread was once titled "Rumors & Speculation"--I changed that a while back because members took advantage of it and used the umbrella of "speculation" to just post whatever the hell they wanted and clog up this and other Licensed threads with nothing but name drops, spoilers, and baseless hopes and dreams. All that needs to put aside--as a Lego site, it's our duty to have at least one dedicated thread for the sets the Lego produces, that is the purpose of this thread. There are a number of already appropriate places on Eurobricks where members can veer discussion away from the sets, but not here--this is the thread to discuss what we see on the store shelves, only.

That's why I go all angry clown every time this thread jumps off the cliff into "speculation" territory. Keep the talk here on the sets please.

Thanks! :thumbup:   

@Scarilian Dual molded arms for Shocker will do the justice and net printing. I'm looking forward to this one as they decided not to reveal it yet, hopefully they are making something will change the game. 

As for Thor, I think it will be a very different fig comparing to the old one because we will have a Gladiator looking.

Just now, Captain Nemo said:

We do have one that no one ever uses: Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

You may recall this thread was once titled "Rumors & Speculation"--I changed that a while back because members took advantage of it and used the umbrella of "speculation" to just post whatever the hell they wanted and clog up this and other Licensed threads with nothing but name drops, spoilers, and baseless hopes and dreams. All that needs to put aside--as a Lego site, it's our duty to have at least one dedicated thread for the sets the Lego produces, that is the purpose of this thread. There are a number of already appropriate places on Eurobricks where members can veer discussion away from the sets, but not here--this is the thread to discuss what we see on the store shelves, only.

That's why I go all angry clown every time this thread jumps off the cliff into "speculation" territory. Keep the talk here on the sets please.

Thanks! :thumbup:  

Shall do :)

Should speculation about the the mysterious figure in the Spider-man Homecoming set and the Thor Ragnarok sets go there?

Just wondering because we've heard information on what they include - but have not seen them.

Is it a case where we discuss future sets in there and then go here once official images appear?

Just now, Scarilian said:

Should speculation about the the mysterious figure in the Spider-man Homecoming set and the Thor Ragnarok sets go there?

Just wondering because we've heard information on what they include - but have not seen them.

Is it a case where we discuss future sets in there and then go here once official images appear?

Same question, we do have the details or list on what is the upcoming, can we discuss it here?

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

ATM set; $19.99, 29.99€
Vulture set; $39.99, 44.99€

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Seems about right to me then, the only time I've felt overpriced with Marvel, was the Hulk v Red Hulk set

Just now, Scarilian said:

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same question, we do have the details or list on what is the upcoming, can we discuss it here?

1) Homecoming...preferably yes. Thor, absolutely yes (for now). If we don't have pictures or deeper confirmation from reputable sources (as in more than just a "hey we're getting a set for that movie!"), then yes, Speculation thread. 

2) Future sets without conformation; Speculation. And then of course, once we get conformation/pictures/etc. back to the Set discussion thread. 

3) If the "details and lists" in question are more than just a set name, it can be talked about here. If it's just a set name, than largely discussion about it is just...Speculation Thread material. 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

ATM set; $19.99, 29.99€
Vulture set; $39.99, 44.99€

I agree, the second set is kind of pricy but it includes all the characters you need.  Whilst another truck doesn't interest me the figs do sell it.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I agree, the second set is kind of pricy but it includes all the characters you need.  Whilst another truck doesn't interest me the figs do sell it.

Comparing what we have gotten in the recent marvel sets, I like the white truck now in Vulture set, Hopefully we can close the back part and hide the weaponry.

My issue is just the builds at the price points. I love the truck but when I look at it it just doesn't look like a $40 set. My friend is getting me the ATM set though so I'll be saving up for the Ragnarok and the truck as soon as March ends. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Comparing what we have gotten in the recent marvel sets, I like the white truck now in Vulture set, Hopefully we can close the back part and hide the weaponry.

I hope so too.  I have had my fair share of trucks though, my first ever superheroes set was Loki's cosmic cube escape.:laugh:

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I hope so too.  I have had my fair share of trucks though, my first ever superheroes set was Loki's cosmic cube escape.:laugh:

Looking at the pictures released, it has the web thing and a plates ??? I don't know if that will be the cover of the back part.

I did a comparison video of the new and old Milanos...bottom line is...I love both. :)

Available in the UK from Ocado. I actually got mine from Amazon but I can't even find it on there now.

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I collect all the Marvel Lego minifigures, all authentic... except the SDCC characters, where I but customized knock offs. It's a bit annoying to not be able to get those authentic, but... Given the choice of several thousand dollars and the satisfaction of knowing my toy collection is completely authentic, it was a pretty easy compromise to make.

33 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@HyperOnion that's why I'm saying. Bum side that you can't complete the minifigure roster because of SDCC exclusive. 

See, in my mind, I do have a complete collection. Yeah, the SDCC characters are knock-off, but barring me finding a box full of money or something, I've learned to be okay with that. I love LEGO, I love Marvel, and collecting LEGO Marvel has brought me a lot of joy, but it's been useful to discover the upper bound of that.

While I'd be annoyed if Squirrel Girl or Spider Gwen were used for SDCC instead of being in a mass market set, I'd be okay with it in that at least in a few months I'd be able to get a virtually identical minifigure from some guy in Poland. And I do wish there was an affordable way to get it direct from LEGO, but at least this way I can get the LEGO design--I've dipped my toe into custom figures, but avoid most of them because they generally look a bit off-model. Especially for female characters, where customizers seem to way over-do the waist curves...

ANYWAY! Thoughts on the new Spider-Man sets: Overall, I like them individually, but am a bit bummed out that that's it for the line. And surprised, since Spider-Man seems like a big seller for LEGO, I was assuming they'd go a bit more all-out for a feature film--I know there's no evidence but I still kinda expect there to be a third surprise set because it's CRAZY that the Guardians of the Galaxy are getting a larger line than a Spider-Man film. But mostly I'm bummed about the lack of civilians--I was hoping we'd get a couple, and from what we've seen of Homecoming there was a good chance we'd get some regular black women heads which LEGO is crazy lacking.

In terms of what we're actually getting: Didn't notice it myself, but cool they're updating the Spidey fig. Missed opportunity to have the robbers heads be double sided with masks. Wasn't loving the Vulture at first, but the closer shots of his helmet make me like it more. Don't mind at all that the wings are oversized, they work for me--and the Nexo Knight shield pattern is pretty cool. In general, I don't need any more vehicles in the Super Hero line, but that white van actually looks pretty cool to me? Small enough I can fit it into my tiny space easily, with a good play feature that also works for display. Gonna park that right outside the Brick Bank (...once I get the Brick Bank, that is).

@HyperOnion Same thing as my thought Spidey is the biggest selling name for Marvel, wonder why there's only 2 sets. But you'll never know. One of a lifetime release, hopefully they will consider the villains and important characters.