Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I actually like the Vulture minifigure, yes the jacket should have been brown but I like the way the wings are build. I honestly enjoy builds of and around minifigures that take more parts in order to be bigger and more detailed.

Just picked up all the new Guardians sets along with Detroit Steel and the free Batman promo. Can't wait to build these and hopefully the Abilisk is better in person! 

So far, the marvel movie sets have been sub-par, in my opinion at least. The best part of the smaller spiderman set is the minifigures but the rest is pretty much garbage. As for the second set, whilst the vulture isn't half bad the vehicle is just bland. The guardians stuff isn't much better. The middle sized set is alright but the rest is a real letdown from the previous movie. Hopefully Thor three can bring these sets back up to scratch.

The Hulk guy weapon and the truck's canon have stickers that looks like a logo of something, that says DODC.

Is that from the comics?

Just now, LegoShroom said:

So far, the marvel movie sets have been sub-par, in my opinion at least. The best part of the smaller spiderman set is the minifigures but the rest is pretty much garbage. As for the second set, whilst the vulture isn't half bad the vehicle is just bland. The guardians stuff isn't much better. The middle sized set is alright but the rest is a real letdown from the previous movie. Hopefully Thor three can bring these sets back up to scratch.

I totally agree with your points. I hoped for an upgraded Milano and we got a downgrade. In the Star Wars theme successors usually tend to be more detailed and have more parts which make them, in my view, better sets (compare 1st and 2nd gunship).

The tiles on Vulture's wings do look interesting in the way one could use them to create some different floors and mosaics! Fingers crossed they will appear in different colors!

I like the Vulturea lot more on that close up. I think the helmet just looks a little weird from the side?

Bummer we can't get all four robber masks. Although it will save me some $12 on brick link, which after a big order this weekend doesn't sound too bad...

What a lot of criticism. I really like these sets. The cheap spidey set has a great spidey with dual moulded legs (remember the million pyjama spideys?), two fun crooks and a build with a play feature. Enough for kids to have fun catching bad guys. The other set is with the real bad guys, with a vehicle and a mean-looking build on the bad guy. No way kids won't like that. 

I think vulture looks great. He would have been better with tallons, true. I think i'll get rid of the circular thingies on the lower part of the wings (i don't care for movie accuracy) and some other stuff but i like his wings.

I do hope that Shocker will look a lot like his comic presentation or that he'll be easy to mod to a comic variant.

14 minutes ago, Elgard said:

I totally agree with your points. I hoped for an upgraded Milano and we got a downgrade. In the Star Wars theme successors usually tend to be more detailed and have more parts which make them, in my view, better sets (compare 1st and 2nd gunship).

The tiles on Vulture's wings do look interesting in the way one could use them to create some different floors and mosaics! Fingers crossed they will appear in different colors!

Isn't that the Nexo Knights shield piece? It comes with different colors I think. 

18 minutes ago, SirRicco said:

The Hulk guy weapon and the truck's canon have stickers that looks like a logo of something, that says DODC.

Is that from the comics?

From Comics I don't know. But in the movies I guess that's the company where Vulture and Shocker is working for. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Isn't that the Nexo Knights shield piece? It comes with different colors I think.

I actually don't know! I'm only interested in the Marvel Superhero theme :laugh:. Therefore, I have no knowledge about other themes apart from Star Wars and what parts are used there.

From Comics I don't know. But in the movies I guess that's the company where Vulture and Shocker is working for. 

Or stole from.

1 minute ago, Borex said:

What a lot of criticism. I really like these sets. The cheap spidey set has a great spidey with dual moulded legs (remember the million pyjama spideys?), two fun crooks and a build with a play feature. Enough for kids to have fun catching bad guys. The other set is with the real bad guys, with a vehicle and a mean-looking build on the bad guy. No way kids won't like that. 

I think vulture looks great. He would have been better with tallons, true. I think i'll get rid of the circular thingies on the lower part of the wings (i don't care for movie accuracy) and some other stuff but i like his wings.

I do hope that Shocker will look a lot like his comic presentation or that he'll be easy to mod to a comic variant.

Yea the talons is a must. That;s just my only major gripe on Vulture. As for the wings we can easily mod it, I'll put a circle printed tile vent in that wings, also make it small. 

At first sight I thought the same as others with the design of the truck as kind of boring, but it is growing on me more. Both of these sets are great for the prices! Vulture looks phenomenal! The wings are big but still look great. I noticed on the inside of the truck there are parts attached on clips on the walls, that look to be able to make a weapon for Shocker. The multiple stud shooter inside the truck makes for a great feature. Also the bank is a cool set with great pieces. Overall a good wave!

Just now, Elgard said:

I actually don't know! I'm only interested in the Marvel Superhero theme :laugh:. Therefore, I have no knowledge about other themes apart from Star Wars and what parts are used there.

We actually have it on black, with Ghostrider motorcyle! Yea I'm pretty sure that's the nexo shield. 

Just now, SirRicco said:

Or stole from.

I guess? really no idea about the story. I think I read an article about the synopsis. 

Just now, AmericaLego said:

At first sight I thought the same as others with the design of the truck as kind of boring, but it is growing on me more. Both of these sets are great for the prices! Vulture looks phenomenal! The wings are big but still look great. I noticed on the inside of the truck there are parts attached on clips on the walls, that look to be able to make a weapon for Shocker. The multiple stud shooter inside the truck makes for a great feature. Also the bank is a cool set with great pieces. Overall a good wave!

Nice find, and it matches Shocker leaked picture~! Yay hope we get a picture of Shocker soon. 

We actually have it on black, with Ghostrider motorcyle! Yea I'm pretty sure that's the nexo shield.

Haven't bought that one yet. But thank you for your response and clarifying it!

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Elgard this is an example. We got lot of colors of that piece. 

Once again, thank you very much for your response and your effort to show me that!

7 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

God I am so so so so tired of people whining that it's "lazy" to reuse parts. It's LEGO. The pieces are supposed to be versatile and reusable in different contexts. If you're so devoid of imagination and creativity that you need a brand new mold for every little detail, maybe this isn't the hobby for you.

Lego is constantly making one off molds for this theme, isn't it lazy that a classic villain like Vulture is wearing Iron Man's helmet but Yellow Jacket got a new, never used again, mold? Many of the new Marvel molds don't have this versatility you speak of. Lego set the standard, so it is lazy when they decide not to match it. I think it's still an okay minifigure, but definitely falls below the usual standard Lego sets for Marvel characters. In this case reusing the helmet only added to the underwhelming minifigure which lacked the proper talons and proper coat color.

The van is definitely a bit lazy too. I feel like I've had so many Marvel sets with this van...

The other Spider-Man set is perfect though. I love the build and the minifigures. Really, a solid set.

Edited by strangely

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Vulture's wings are a bit blocky, but I love how they interlocked the NK shields. I'll almost certainly be getting the bank set.

It's really big. Hopefully someone can fully execute a nice and accurate MOC of the wings I think I saw one while surfing but can't find it now. 

3 hours ago, SirRicco said:

Is that from the comics?

Its likely Department of Damage Control. Damage Control being a sort of lower level group of cleaners who clean-up after Avengers battles.