Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Vulture looks awesome!! Also looks like a pain to stand up.

Can't tell about the emblem, but it looks like Spidey has slightly different eyes

Vulture reusing the Iron Man mask is a little lazy. His design is kind of bland to me in general, hopefully better photos will improve my opinion.

The same Spider-Man in both is disappointing. I like the smaller set more out of the two.

God I am so so so so tired of people whining that it's "lazy" to reuse parts. It's LEGO. The pieces are supposed to be versatile and reusable in different contexts. If you're so devoid of imagination and creativity that you need a brand new mold for every little detail, maybe this isn't the hobby for you.

35 minutes ago, kastorskorner said:

No thor shown. 2 sets $49.99 and 59.99 coming out on 8/1

And what about Spider-Man: Homecoming sets prices?

Loving the new sets! My only complaints would be that vulture isn't that great. I don't mind the helmet, TragicBanjo makes a good point about reusing parts I think.

However the wings are a tad oversized, but they are a great design. I wish he had had leg printing though, or maybe a piece that could replicate the feet claws, they appear to be an important part of his costume in the film so it's a shame the minifigure doesn't have them.

looking forward to seeing the Michael Keaton head print though!

Just now, Whovastron said:

Loving the new sets! My only complaints would be that vulture isn't that great. I don't mind the helmet, TragicBanjo makes a good point about reusing parts I think.

However the wings are a tad oversized, but they are a great design. I wish he had had leg printing though, or maybe a piece that could replicate the feet claws, they appear to be an important part of his costume in the film so it's a shame the minifigure doesn't have them.

looking forward to seeing the Michael Keaton head print though!

Just watch it be a generic Bruce Wayne face or even better, a black head XD

Not gonna sugarcoat my opinion...Lego that Vulture is lame and falls as flat as a literal tile piece. Nothing but wall facades and nondescript trucks. 

Yeesh, talk about boring sets. :sceptic:

Just now, The Lego Nolan said:

A Bruce Wayne face would work. 

Shoot I just realized Michael Keaton did play Batman so I guess that does work XD

Holy bricks I need it!!

Is the blue a prototype thing, or is that the actual full figure? It somehow doesn't look right being blue

So, after a little while for the set photo's to sink in, thoughts on the Spider-man Homecoming sets;

Generic Bank Robbery set

Seems every Spider-man theme has to have one of these.
The build is basic, the colours are lighter than what they really should be.
The Captain America Robber is clearly dark skinned yet here he is pale skinned.

Will pass on this set UNLESS it includes the alternative heads for Iron Man and Thor Robbers.

Vulture & Shocker attack a truck

Only part of Vulture that looks good is the torso. I hate the new helmet mold and the printing looks bland. Will probably replace this with a Batman face and have him more like the comics where he didnt have the helmet.
New Iron Man figure is nice to add to the collection, though not a fan of the lower design. Inclusion of Spider-man and Shocker (though not revealed) means this is the only set i need to get to have both the villains and both the heroes.

Will buy this set, hopefully Shocker has full printing

Edited by Scarilian

These sets are horrible... We don't even get a spidey variant, seriously? Praying the thor sets are good

My opinion on Spider-Man: Homecoming sets

ATM Heist Battle - Yeah...nothing special to me. Normal Spider-Man (but probably with updated symbol), Robbers are nothing special. Bank looks like from LEGO junior. Motorcycle...meh. I won't buy it. But overall it looks not bad. 6/10

Beware the Vulture - It looks really good but I expected something more. Normal Spider-Man... I expected Homemade suit. But it's okay, updated symbol. And I love web power blast. Iron Man is the best figure out of all sets! I love his design, Mark 47 is my favourite and I love that he still uses old helmet and I love that they not reused Mark 46. Vulture looks... I don't know. Torso is pretty good but I don't like that it's not brown. Legs are bad color, they should be olive green and there are no claws... Mask is good but I don't like it's dark green. Wings are well designed but oversized. I think that Shocker will be awesome. Truck looks great, it has interior and six-stud shooter. Overall great set. 8.5/10

11 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Damn!!

Looks like it's not the final version but looks good none the less.Wish we gould see how Thor looks.

Is that real? It's posted by Delta customs

53 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

The vulture looks boring,I expected him to have atleast printed legs,I mean he is the main villain

Absolutely. Pathetic.

Compare these sets to the Batman movie sets...the designers weren't briniging their A game to this...

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

I'm debating on getting the Robbery set for Spider-Man.  The Robber heads might be useful for something down the line.  I honestly don't mind the Vulture set, though.  I like the new Iron Man variant.  While Vulture's helmet may take some time getting used to, I am happy about how the wings turned out.  I feared they would be much larger than what we are getting.  I might also swap out his legs for something with printing.

Not a fan of the Iron Man helmet on Vulture, but glad they went back to the old design for Iron Man himself. I really love his new suit and I don't really care that Spidey is the same because he's an amazing minifigure. ATM Heist looks cool and the Vulture set looks okay, I still want to see how Shocker looks.

Just now, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Absolutely. Pathetic.

Compare these sets to the Batman movie sets...the designers weren't briniging their A game. 

The quality drop is astounding. I mean, I'm sure there's a budget difference, but this is just poor. Very poor.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Looks real to me.

It does to me too. I think I know where that figure is found, and if possible I'll try to get more information on it.