Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Or in May, we don't know.

True, was just saying the latest i could see them keep the sets hidden.

24 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I don't know if someone has already asked but are the Guardians 2 sets coming out in March or Summer?

They said it will be released in March, and other say it maybe available in mid Feb on other countries. 

On 2/7/2017 at 5:07 PM, kastorskorner said:

I think some of it is the Studio's plan for release of information, like we have a Spider-man trailer so the sets won't ruin any of the surprise. But with Thor we have not seen anything yet, so they may be holding that information until a trailer is released. 

A bunch of people also complained loudly about the Lego set spoiling Giant-Man's appearance, and Marvel Studios was allegedly angry about the spoilers going out so soon. So there might be a bigger effort to avoid spoilerls this time around.

14 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

A bunch of people also complained loudly about the Lego set spoiling Giant-Man's appearance, and Marvel Studios was allegedly angry about the spoilers going out so soon. So there might be a bigger effort to avoid spoilerls this time around.

Giant Man's appearance was confirmed much before the CA:CW photos were released. When they confirmed Giant Man, they also confirmed And Man riding Hawkeye's arrow, Falcon having Redwing as a drone used for reconnaissance, armed and fits back on his arm, and the... unused baton of War Machine that had no place...

On 2/9/2017 at 2:55 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

It could be in the Avengers Robbery set. I know it's not ACTUALLY there in the film, the trailer showed us his Tony Stark suit, but maybe they'll include it to boost the want of the set. Kind of like the Mandarin buggy; no way accurate, but a new Iron Man and exclusive Mandarin design boosted the set

Apart from the armored Batsuit in that tiny BvS set, they always seem to put the default figure in the cheapest set, that way everyone's likely to get it. Also, with 3 or 4 figures that will require either new molds or new prints on the face, I'd imagine they'd cut costs by using a pre-existing figure, i.e. the Spidey from Civil War.

7 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Apart from the armored Batsuit in that tiny BvS set, they always seem to put the default figure in the cheapest set, that way everyone's likely to get it. Also, with 3 or 4 figures that will require either new molds or new prints on the face, I'd imagine they'd cut costs by using a pre-existing figure, i.e. the Spidey from Civil War.

If that's the case I hope they'll fix the web shooters and the spider emblem of the fig. 

I just got the Ms. Marvel set, and the arms make her nearly impossible to do anything with. That is, except for one perfectly perfect thing: selfies. The stiff arm on one side even makes it look like she's putting her arm around someone. I can't do it without getting my hand in the way, but someone really oughta recreate that time she got a selfie with Wolverine! 

It has also made me crushingly aware that we don't have a Viv Vision minifigure to round out the Champions (well, an Amadeus Cho Hulk would be nice, but we have a Hulk and an Iron Spider that is Amadeus, so..??)

On 2/1/2017 at 2:34 AM, Captain Britain said:

I wonder if the type of helmet Zod / other Kryptonians got in the MoS sets would work with the furry collar.

I know this was a while ago, but this had caught my attention, and I finally picked up the Batcave this morning to get the Disco/Clown Polybag. Just wanted to say that indeed, the Kryptonian helmets do fit with Penguin's new collar mold, and I'm sure you could make a pretty cool Vulture based around that piece combo. I'm not super interested until I know what Keaton's character will look like, as that's what I'll likely focus my Vulture off of, but I thought I'd answer that question in case you were still wondering. :laugh:

Edited by SpiderMana

STOP ASKING WHEN LEGO GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 SETS WILL BE RELEASED!!! On every page there is a question: When Lego GotG 2 will be released? STOP!!! Sets are going to be released in MARCH. Okay!? So stop ASKING!

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I just got the Ms. Marvel set, and the arms make her nearly impossible to do anything with. That is, except for one perfectly perfect thing: selfies. The stiff arm on one side even makes it look like she's putting her arm around someone. I can't do it without getting my hand in the way, but someone really oughta recreate that time she got a selfie with Wolverine! 

I've been eyeing up the CMF S10s phone ever since I got Kamala 

4 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I know this was a while ago, but this had caught my attention, and I finally picked up the Batcave this morning to get the Disco/Clown Polybag. Just wanted to say that indeed, the Kryptonian helmets do fit with Penguin's new collar mold, and I'm sure you could make a pretty cool Vulture based around that piece combo. I'm not super interested until I know what Keaton's character will look like, as that's what I'll likely focus my Vulture off of, but I thought I'd answer that question in case you were still wondering. :laugh:

Can you post a picture of that? But I think Kraven's fur is much better. Can you do both? Thanks!

17 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Giant Man's appearance was confirmed much before the CA:CW photos were released. When they confirmed Giant Man, they also confirmed And Man riding Hawkeye's arrow, Falcon having Redwing as a drone used for reconnaissance, armed and fits back on his arm, and the... unused baton of War Machine that had no place...

It was a rumor from Joblo (I believe?) at that point. Unless you were actively looking for spoilers online it was easy to miss. Besides which, they're a 3rd party news site so there's really nothing Marvel could do about that. The merchandise was a more controllable issue though, which is why they forced Funko to pull down some early images of the Giant-Man bobblehead they were making.

This was the Marveltoynews report on the situation from Toy Fair.

Here’s a funny thing about Giant-Man’s upcoming appearance in the “Captain America Civil War” movie: we’re not supposed to know about it. I’ve heard from several companies at Toy Fair that Disney changed their minds about it being okay to show off Giant-Man merch in late 2015, after many manufacturers had already finalized their lines.

So makes sense they'd try to do things differently with their Lego sets this time. 

25 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

It was a rumor from Joblo (I believe?) at that point. Unless you were actively looking for spoilers online it was easy to miss. Besides which, they're a 3rd party news site so there's really nothing Marvel could do about that. The merchandise was a more controllable issue though, which is why they forced Funko to pull down some early images of the Giant-Man bobblehead they were making.

This was the Marveltoynews report on the situation from Toy Fair.

So makes sense they'd try to do things differently with their Lego sets this time. 

I heard it from the Comicbook.com page on Facebook, don't know about the source itself though, but if Marvel allowed Lego to unveil the set photos for Giant Man, then that was really down to them, they could have put GM in the Spidey set which was only shown after the film released

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Looking at the concept art of Vulture, now I see both of the fur doesn't match the one he has. 

It could just be printed onto the torso, but I don't see them making a third mold, unless it connects to the wings somehow, because if they used either of the fur pieces, it would be harder to include the wings

15 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It could just be printed onto the torso, but I don't see them making a third mold, unless it connects to the wings somehow, because if they used either of the fur pieces, it would be harder to include the wings

Yep! But hopefully they will make the wings real good! (cross fingers* even if it's brick built) And also the helm of Vulture that will be using. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yep! But hopefully they will make the wings real good! (cross fingers* even if it's brick built) And also the helm of Vulture that will be using. 

Yeah, would probably prefer to have the fur piece printed on the torso and get a helmet for Vulture. The wings are the main concern at the moment, they need to look good otherwise I don't think the figure would work well. Hopefully we'll get an unveiling with the NYTF

An unveil is very welcome. They can use joints to have a better articulation for the wings. I saw a custom fig using General Grevious foot and that's actually pretty accurate for Vulture

Edited by SpiderJazz

Wait, so when are the Guardians of Galaxy set going to be released? Im guessing March. Lol

Edited by YoshiBlockr

3 minutes ago, YoshiBlockr said:

Wait, so when are the Guardians of Galaxy set pictures going to be released? Im guessing March. Lol

Like official pictures? It was released long time ago. You can check the 1st page of this Thread. BUT if you're talking about actual pictures that I don't know. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

BUT if you're talking about actual pictures that I don't know. 

Actual pictures came from the German Toy Fair i believe, we'll probably see the sets on display at NYTF aswell. Link for pics.

I just found a review for the New Milano from the Brick Ministry on youtube and I can truly say that this set is a disappointment, also it will cost 50$