Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

oh my god! New sets!

unfortunately the jet seems boring to me, even though it comes with ms Marvel. I want to like the iron man set, but I really just hate that new mask and the mech just doesn't seem to cut it for me. However, Coulson is super cool, along with his car.

I think this wave can be summed up by one word "meh". Part of me is relieved though since I wasnt sure how I'd get all the Lego Batman movie sets and these sets. I think I'll probably just bricklinkĀ a few figures though

I really like these sets, and the new jet boosts pieces, which seem to be able to be thrown, makes me think of the Squid Launchers from Bionicle.

Well the jet is....eh. Here if they had used a helmet as opposed to the goggles for Cap, I feel like he would've come out much better. Not a big fan of Ms Marvel tbh - I like that they tried something new, but I'll probably swap her out with normal arms.

Detroit Steel is a day one purchase. Lola looks fantastic - my doubts about the build have been put to rest for sure. I like that we get Justin Hammer, and the mech actually looks really cool! I really don't like Coulson's face with the microphone though. I feel like it lost something and just doesn't quite look faithful enough to Clark Gregg compared to some customs using already-existing pieces. Ah well - still happy to have him officially at last. :)

I'm loving the new helmet mold! Cap's jet i mediocre, Cap himself would've been far better with a helmet and ANAD Ms. Marvel looks... disturbing. I don't think it turned out very well but I admire their ambition. The Detroit Steel set looks awesom-- wait, wait, Justin Hammer is in the suit?! Uhm, okay then I guess. Lola looks decent, Coulson looks accurate and ANAD Iron Man looks supurb, the new helmet mold is truly a breath of fresh air! As great as the old helmet looked, it's been waaaay overused and regardless or print or recolor, every suit that used it looked just like any other suit. This new mold is already way more versatile given its use in Iron Man, Detroit Steel, Super Adaptoid and the Mighty Micro set and they all look very different. I'm pleasantly surprised by the new blast launcher piece and I look forward to seeing how it works. Overall, this wave is pretty disappointing. The only one I think I'll get is Detroit Steel, but at least now I have a little more room in the budget to pick up some of the great sets from this year and more of the LEGO Star Wars and LBM stuff.

Guys you're not realizing that she actually does have normal hands... Look at the box art at the bottom, one arm has a regular hand and the other has the larger hand. It's removable, which means proper Plasticman!!!!!

Edited by Ashnflash

Loving Kamala Khan. I still don't know how the flex tubes will work (what other pieces they used), but i like her very much. Cap is cool imho and superadaptoid looks good too. I think he would be cooler if he had grey wings as well but then he didnt adapt the power of falcon maybe. Ah well. I'll buy this set :-)

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Guys you're not realizing that she actually does have normal hands... Look at the box art at the bottom, one arm has a regular hand and the other has the larger hand. It's removable, which means proper Plasticman!!!!!

hey, didnt think of that. IĀ got that minifig at the Sydney brick show and I reckon it needs an updateĀ  cough*dual mould legs*cough. Still, I am not a fan of how Kamala's hand are so massive compared to her legs.

Love Captain America and Iron Man sets! Caps set has awesome new versions of Cap and Ms Marvel and intriguing Super Adaptoid. Build is ok.

Iron Man set has Coulson! Finally after all these years Lego made Agent Coulson minifigure! Lola look nice, nothing special, but Detroit Steel is a really nice looking mech. Also new pieces for Iron Mans repulsors are apparently play functions as well?!

I personally hate the Kamala Khan figure, those hands look dreadful! But now that they've used such a technic... Comic Book Reed Richards?Ā :grin:Ā that would be justĀ fantasticĀ (see what I did there)?

Ms Marvels hands look like they can extend or get to normal size ! Look at the images box shows her with one normalĀ arm and there's no spare torso on out of the box pictures!

4 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

Three new 2017 Marvel set pictures.Ā 

http://legoleaks.blog28.fc2.com/blog-entry-21349.html

Whooo!! Thanks for posting the link!

The Hulk vs Red Hulk set was already known of course and don't appeal to me in the slightest, except for the Red Hulk bigfig.

That Captain America's Jet Pursuit set... wowĀ :grin:Ā the jet itself doesn't look too bad, but kinda... kiddie-like. Pilot Cap is.. okay-ish. The others don't interest me at all, so I'll pass.

Now, the Detroit Steel Strikes set: not a fan of the mech, but I'll take it, considering the rest of the set is really amazing. Lola, Coulson and the new Iron Man minifig. Though that helmet feels kind of... off. You just can't get that streamlined look on a rounded helmet like that. Oh, well...

The head on Justin Hammer is nice too. So yeah, of these Marvel sets, this'll be the only one I'll definitely pick upĀ :wub:

Ā 

Regards,

Mitch

The Detroit Steel mech actually looks pretty cool. I prefer this version over the big fig from the video game. Plus the size and colours will also make it easy to convert into a better Sentinel. Not really that keen on the minifigures though. The new Iron Man doesn't look that great compared to previous versions with the older helmet and I can't stand Coulson as a character.

The jet set looks pretty run of the mill. Not bad but not that interesting either. The new arm technique on Ms Marvel is pretty cool but I've never cared for the Kamala Khan version of the character and the rest of the figures aren't anything special.

71py6p1aUiL._SL1000_.jpg

51tRmbnWjtL._SL1000_.jpg

Ā 

71d-ozBKyqL._SL1000_.jpg

61NqbSgq0JL._SL1000_.jpg

(This is easier than the link)

Brickset also posted them so I guess it's fine to post them here.Ā 

Anyway, both look good to me so I'll be getting them both day 1. Figures look superb if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Sickbricks02 said:

What is Power Blast exactly?Ā 

I think if you push the power blast they're holding, they will shoot away. Pretty clever and cool feature. And also not bad looking.

Agent Coulson's car looks pretty damn cool, but apart from that these sets are just like the DC sets... it's all about the figures!

8 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think if you push the power blast they're holding, they will shoot away. Pretty clever and cool feature. And also not bad looking.

So kinda like a hand studshooter? But instead of pushing a button you push the extension thingy into the figures arm.Ā 

Edited by Sickbricks02

Personally, I think these look pretty great. The new helmet works decently and I love all the figures. I'll definitely get the jet. Not a huge fan of the build, but I want that Kamala Khan! I actually really like Detroit Steel, but I might have to wait a while to pick it up.

Not too interested by these sets. I like the power blast idea and the new helmet for iron man looks good. Lola is mediocre at best but the jet and detroit steel are horrible. I like the print on detroit steels face though. I'll be putting my funds towards dc this time around.Ā 

40 minutes ago, Sickbricks02 said:

So kinda like a hand studshooter? But instead of pushing a button you push the extension thingy into the figures arm.Ā 

Yeah i guess so. But then again i could be totally off.Ā 

I bet this new energy thingy looks cool on iron fist too.Ā 

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Ms Marvels hands look like they can extend or get to normal size ! Look at the images box shows her with one normalĀ arm and there's no spare torso on out of the box pictures!

It's one long tube, you can pull it through her body on either side to make one arm longer or shorter than the other.Ā 

The hand piece just clips over the normal hand.

Hmmmm. Reserving judgement in Ms. Marvel, simply because while the arms seem cool, I wonder if there's an option for regular arms. Or if they're gonna release a "plain" version of her at some point.

That said; these sets look nice, but definitely gonna wait till they're discounted or in salesĀ