Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

On 12/11/2016 at 2:33 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Is that a micro-figure (the ones from the Lego Games theme) inside the Milano?

I'm 90% sure now that I've zoomed in on it. Not sure who it is though. Probably Starlord. 

15 hours ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

That sounds cool. I agree that the masked minifig heads might be a deciding factor of wether or not I'll get the set.

Either a print or mold will be good. As long as we get all of those 4 heads for variation. :blush:

Maybe a double sided print; one with a mask face, the other with an unmasked head

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Maybe a double sided print; one with a mask face, the other with an unmasked head

But we do have four super hero masks in that scene, Thor, Hulk, Ironman and capt? 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

But we do have four super hero masks in that scene, Thor, Hulk, Ironman and capt? 

Yeah but we're only getting two of them

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

What masks are you guys looking forward to? I'm thinking I want the Cap and Thor. Not 100% sure.

Hulk and Thor would be great, but like what I have said hopefully they will do dual printed every mask in that 2 heads.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Hulk and Thor would be great, but like what I have said hopefully they will do dual printed every mask in that 2 heads.

Yep. I want all of them really. 

Hey, sorry to disrupt the conversation (personally, I don't have any preference as to how the robbers are done), but can I just gush for a second about how smart it was to give Detroit Steel the Iron Man 2 style Justin Hammer hair+head? It solves the problem of the actual Detroit Steel character being inconsequential and boring, while giving us an MCU character we never would have gotten otherwise.  In fact, with the three characters in the set, it turns it into a pseudo-Iron Man 2 set, just like the Scuba and Space Iron Man figures formed a pseudo-Iron Man 3 wave this past January. I feel like this makes the future inclusion of a Mark 1 suit into a set more plausible.

I've not decided whether or not to get the set itself yet, but I'll definitely be getting Coulson and the Justin Hammer face piece, either through the set or on the secondary market. The IM figure himself isn't something I need (I don't like that suit in the comics, it's new enough that it's not iconic, and it doesn't fit the role of "classic-comic-IM" for my collection and dioramas any better than, say, the Marks 6 or 7), nor do I have a use for the Steel mech, but the flying car looks nice and the two new characters are very appealing to me.

On another note, at this point, I'm waiting for someone to get the Ms. Marvel figure and try to shove typical Lego arms into the sockets.  If anyone has the figure early and can let us know what the result of that is, I'd be extremely grateful. I assume it's "No, the socket is just too different" or "the socket's wide enough, but the arms just fall out", but I'd still like to know; I'd rather be disappointed sooner than later.

25 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Hey, sorry to disrupt the conversation (personally, I don't have any preference as to how the robbers are done), but can I just gush for a second about how smart it was to give Detroit Steel the Iron Man 2 style Justin Hammer hair+head? It solves the problem of the actual Detroit Steel character being inconsequential and boring, while giving us an MCU character we never would have gotten otherwise.  In fact, with the three characters in the set, it turns it into a pseudo-Iron Man 2 set, just like the Scuba and Space Iron Man figures formed a pseudo-Iron Man 3 wave this past January. I feel like this makes the future inclusion of a Mark 1 suit into a set more plausible.

I've not decided whether or not to get the set itself yet, but I'll definitely be getting Coulson and the Justin Hammer face piece, either through the set or on the secondary market. The IM figure himself isn't something I need (I don't like that suit in the comics, it's new enough that it's not iconic, and it doesn't fit the role of "classic-comic-IM" for my collection and dioramas any better than, say, the Marks 6 or 7), nor do I have a use for the Steel mech, but the flying car looks nice and the two new characters are very appealing to me.

I agree with you, it seems that they've been using comic, movie and tv show influences under the Avnegers Assemble brand, which is so great, and this also shows in the Spider-Man sets too. The best example; the Red Skull tank set seemed like Lego based it off The First Avenger. I do think it makes sense that they gave Hammer the Detroit Steel armor, as I do remember him being surrounded by American flag imagery in IM2.

9 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I agree with you, it seems that they've been using comic, movie and tv show influences under the Avnegers Assemble brand, which is so great, and this also shows in the Spider-Man sets too. The best example; the Red Skull tank set seemed like Lego based it off The First Avenger. I do think it makes sense that they gave Hammer the Detroit Steel armor, as I do remember him being surrounded by American flag imagery in IM2.

I think it makes sense they gave Justin Hammer the Detroit Steel armour because the second Detroit Steel in comics was his daughter Justine Hammer, but like N-Cat said, Justine isn't the best well known character so due to his popularity they use Justin.

43 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think it makes sense they gave Justin Hammer the Detroit Steel armour because the second Detroit Steel in comics was his daughter Justine Hammer, but like N-Cat said, Justine isn't the best well known character so due to his popularity they use Justin.

Oh, that makes even better sense then.

I can't wait to get the new Marvel stuff- Detroit Steel has really grown on me and I'm super excited for Lola because I love the old flying SHIELD car and this one is even better designed, plus it has Coulson, who will be super useful for my MCU stuff. I'm also really excited for the new Power Blast function and Kamala Khan. I hope the Hulk set goes on sale relatively quickly because I really want those figures! 

8 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Oh, that makes even better sense then.

And if we want to go even deeper: in the Avengers Assemble cartoon Justin Hammer is the one who created the Super Adaptoid so both of them appearing in the same wave is a pretty smart move sort of like Hyperion and Iron Skull appearing in last year's wave together as they are part of the Cabal in the show. (Along with MODOK and Attuma, the latter of which we do not have yet)

Anyway, I'm liking the head they chose for Hammer even though at first I didn't think it was too accurate. If you look at it for a while it really does start to look like Sam Rockwell. My only critique is the brown hair, I would probably give the fig the the CMF Hiker's dark blond hair because personally, I don't see Rockwell's as hair being that dark in the movie as the lights make it look much lighter even though it is a brown color. And while I'm at it, the printing on his helmet looks cool but the one for Iron Man is pretty lackluster. Way too simple and circular when compared to the current more detailed Iron Man which I am definitely more partial to as of right now.

Uh oh. Looks like the power blast may damage minifigure hands. :sceptic: I hope not...

Also Star Wars got their summer set names posted up, why does Marvel not have them?

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Uh oh. Looks like the power blast may damage minifigure hands. :sceptic: I hope not...

Also Star Wars got their summer set names posted up, why does Marvel not have them?

I'm guessing because Marvel's summer sets are based on movies yet to be released.

36 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Knew it wouldn't be good. It looks cool but I always doubted how good of a play feature they would be

Still i hope they'll make the power blasts in a few other colors too (fire/ice) (magical green) :-)

50 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

May I ask how they will damage the hands?

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Because I did not ask about Marvel or DC, I only asked about Star Wars info.

21 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Because I did not ask about Marvel or DC, I only asked about Star Wars info.

I see??

1 hour ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

It looks like they press against them more than I'd like… exerting pressure on it.

1 hour ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

The effect appears to work, as you push the blast towards the arm, then like a flickfire missile it'll launch. However this will cause tension on the hand, stretching and eventually snapping it. Unless I'm wrong, none of us really know what it'll be like until we own a blast piece