Kai NRG

Before the High Court of Eslandola

This is a continuation of the detective's story; check out the introduction, the next part, the third part, and the fourth part for more.

27394225374_85c066b541.jpg

Bang! Bang!
"The High Court of Eslandola is now in session! Be seated!"
Bang! Bang!
The blows of the judge's mallet reverberated throughout the room. The Secretary of State - Guy K. Wyndzon - walked the length of the hall and stood ceremoniously beside the judge, as if he were only just now revealing the important diplomatic determination of the High Council. As a matter of fact, Guy, the judge, and King Fernado himself had been up late last night, trifling delicately with a bit of freshly imported chocolate while they cracked jokes about "those weird Mardierians."
No, this declaration came as no surprise to the judge. Nor would it come as a surprise to any of the diplomats, councillors, and ambassadors in the room.

27394262234_c587a12126.jpg

But for forms' sake, all things had to be done "decently and in order," so the judge was ready and present to pronounce the official declaration of war against Mardier.

Then came the usual invitation to the agrieved of the Kingdom to present themselves before the supreme judge of the land for redress. This was usually just a form too.
But this time, something was different. An older gentleman, with a monocle in his left eye, walked briskly up the red rug. Directly in front of the judge, he stopped and bowed slightly.

27973000656_99a69c0afe.jpg

27972988286_f3b4e8d649.jpg

The judge recognized his good friend Rhys Thomson, and took the missive the latter offered him without hesitation. But as he read, he became manifestly more nervous and excited. At last he looked up at Rhys in surprise. "Is this true?" he queried, in a voice very different from his usual business-like tone.
"Every word of it, sir!"
The judge fidgeted - drummed his fingers - then, picking up the mallet, declared, "Your case is heard! The warrant for his arrest will go forth immediately. Expect another summons to present your evidence within two month's time!"
Rhys bowed again with a satisfied smile, and retreated down the rug.
And once more the room echoed with the reverberations of the judge's mallet.
Bang! Bang!
"This High Court is dismissed!"
Bang! Bang!

27393708403_d41ab791f3.jpg

-----
OOC: In my capacity as Eslandian leader, this build is an official declaration of war from Eslandola to Mardier, seeing how Mardier, by preying on our shipping, has already effectively declared war on us. All Mardier privateers are henceforth legal prey for any Eslandola privateers, though in pursuance of our usual policies, trade ships are not to be molested.

This is also an official petition to the court of Eslandola to consider Rhys Thomson's case - what exactly that is, you'll have to wait to find out!

I borrowed the paneling technique loosely from Jacob Nion

The red rug works quite Nice, but the detail of this build my eyes are feasting on is the wooden paneling! Gorgeous :wub:

Stunningly beautfiul.

And hmm, while the Fontonajo family is quite happy that someone acts against those Mardierian privateers, they are not quite convinced open war is the answer right now.

Oooh this looks very nice!

The panelling is beautiful, the carpet and floor fit perfectly with it

Excellent build !

This panel technique is great !

Felipe de la Manzana is really happy to see our country at war against Mardier

Glad to see we finally got around to declaring war (pirate_laugh_new.gif), and great addition to the detective storyline as well! The floor and rug look superb, and the wall paneling is quite good too! pirate_wink.gif My only nit-pick would be that I can't see how this can actually be considered decent and orderly if the judge doesn't have the suit and wig! pir_laugh2.gifdefault_tong.gif

Another batch of comments I totally missed... thanks everyone! 

On 7/1/2016 at 9:06 AM, TitusV said:

The red rug works quite Nice, but the detail of this build my eyes are feasting on is the wooden paneling! Gorgeous :wub:

Thank you!  Yeah, that technique works beautifully for things like this, but it's very part consuming!

On 7/1/2016 at 1:36 PM, Puvel said:

Oooh this looks very nice!
The panelling is beautiful, the carpet and floor fit perfectly with it

Thank you!  A "red carpet" for this sort of MOC was a must!

On 7/1/2016 at 2:19 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent build !
This panel technique is great !

Felipe de la Manzana is really happy to see our country at war against Mardier

Thank you!  Yep, those Mardierians sure need to be taught a lesson! :pir-grin:

On 7/1/2016 at 5:46 PM, Garmadon said:

Glad to see we finally got around to declaring war (pirate_laugh_new.gif), and great addition to the detective storyline as well! The floor and rug look superb, and the wall paneling is quite good too! pirate_wink.gif My only nit-pick would be that I can't see how this can actually be considered decent and orderly if the judge doesn't have the suit and wig! pir_laugh2.gifdefault_tong.gif

:pir-laugh:  Yep, finally.  Ah... all I can say is I sure wish that judge had the suit and wig!

On 7/1/2016 at 7:06 PM, blackdeathgr said:

One of those builds that although small, is so inspiring and full of innovative techniques!

Thanks blackdeathgr!