Anio

Château of Cheverny, and more...

Hi there !

After some builds for the city of Saint Quentin (France ; see topic : http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=130580 ), I designed some new models for the Château of Cheverny.

It is one of the most famous Château of the Château of the Loire valley.

Of course, I did the Château of Cheverny itself. It is the main piece displayed inside the Château of Cheverny. 28,000 elements.

https://www.flickr.c...157667664294584

27391097523_448fd623a0_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

28005064335_694a9333f0_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

27391110763_ae7a81f167_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

27902818612_cf1ec1326d_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

27927138451_65c8f324b4_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

28330733832_3466eece07_c.jpgChâteau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

A dog of the Château of Cheverny, with the "V" of the Vibraye Family on the right flank. 6,200 elements.

https://www.flickr.c...157670445678305

27970470826_5c7396ebfa_c.jpgDog of the Château of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

And another dog :

28152579050_b79fc80c7e_c.jpgDog of the Chateau of Cheverny by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

And a Louis XV style chair. 13,000 elements. Of course, if you are careful, you can sit on it !

https://www.flickr.c...157667673407913

27902775532_d5f6b3f765_c.jpgLouis XV style chair by Régis Gamba, sur Flickr

Note that none of the models are glued. It is stable with the clutchpower of the bricks only.

You can see those models and some more at the Château of Cheverny from now till the end of the Histoire en Briques (History in Bricks) event (November 2nd).

A little bird told me that the model of the Château might stay there forever... Time will tell. :)

Régis

Those are three fantastic builds! It makes me wish I had a plane ticket to France in order to see them (and of course the source of inspiration)

This castle is made using the « pierre de Bourré » a tuffeau stone which is white (and becomes more and more white during the centuries) and should not be tan :hmpf_bad:

2d535442c2c0b0669d8f5a051ed00bcc_M.jpg

Could you imagine the Chambord castle in another colour than white :laugh: .

Surprising (and ironic) to see that comment coming from a person who did the Cathedral of Strasbourg in reddish brown. haha haha.

White would be way too garish. I've been there several times (and took tons of pictures), and the colors of the Château appear to be more like this :

Castle_of_Cheverny_02.jpg

What a beautiful rendition of a very well known building. I'm amazed at both how smooth it is, but also how much architectural detailing came through!

Surprising (and ironic) to see that comment coming from a person who did the Cathedral of Strasbourg in reddish brown. haha haha.

Ha, ha, even on the side view you display, the main stone appears white.

Taking into account the available parts, the reddish brown/brown mixture is the best choice for rendering the various colour of Notre Dame de Strasbourg

280px-Strasbourg_Cathedral_Exterior_-_Diliff.jpg

38248.jpg

because, contrary to you, I do not fall into slovenly ways by painting parts :laugh:.

But a white stone is ... just white :grin: .

Firstly a great build - no matter the colour.

It isn't easy possible to capture a real building's exact colour simply because LEGO colours are so limited.

I think the choice of tan is probably best to allow some contrast and judging by the second photo it looks more than acceptable. It appears the actual colour is somewhere between a White and a Tan but there's been a lot of fading in the real building, just look at that 'black roof'.

I had the same difficulty with a building whose real colour lies somewhere between white and LB Grey. I chose to build it in LBG as otherwise, like this moc, it would be too garish and offer no contrast with, eg window panes.

I'd like to see this building surrounded by some gardens. Will you build a surrounding?

It isn't easy possible to capture a real building's exact colour simply because LEGO colours are so limited.

I think the choice of tan is probably best to allow some contrast and judging by the second photo it looks more than acceptable. It appears the actual colour is somewhere between a White and a Tan but there's been a lot of fading in the real building, just look at that 'black roof'.

I had the same difficulty with a building whose real colour lies somewhere between white and LB Grey. I chose to build it in LBG as otherwise, like this moc, it would be too garish and offer no contrast with, eg window panes.

Exactly. You totally got it ! :thumbup:

I'd like to see this building surrounded by some gardens. Will you build a surrounding?

Unfortunately, I won't.

I can not spend more time on that project.

Moreover, if it were bigger, it would be almost impossible to display it at the Château of Cheverny.

It is in a small room on the left, when you enter the Château.

Des-LEGO-a-gogo-a-Cheverny_slider.jpg

edit :

Ha, ha, even on the side view you display, the main stone appears white.

Taking into account the available parts, the reddish brown/brown mixture is the best choice for rendering the various colour of Notre Dame de Strasbourg

the%20cart.gif

Hi,

FYI, the Chateau of Cheverny model and the other creations will stay in the Chateau of Cheverny.

So you will be able to see them at any time if you visit the castle in the future. ;)