These look very good, especially for the low price points. Slightly disappointed that reverse flash's legs aren't dual moulded. He still looks really good though.

56 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Edit: Just noticed that Superman is still not updated?!? really don't get it, why does it seem to be such a hard thing to do, Batman has had multiple new designs since we've gotten that Sups.

I mean, he has a different hairpiece, not sure if that counts. They didn't update Poison Ivy for five years. Who knows, maybe they don't see the need for a new one.

5 minutes ago, Chewk said:

Honestly, what is the obsession with dual-molded legs? 

They're an innovation that adds just a bit of detail, and when you raise the bar, people are going to expect it to stay raised. 

Edited by 8BrickMario

Glad we're gonna get Thawne even if his fig is somehwat bland. I love that Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor. Lex's chestpiece looks like the one from Forever Evil i like it. But what wrong with the legs? They all look plain without dual moulding. And does the Batman have yellow outlines in the batsymbol just like in Rebirth? The utility belt is similar too

Edited by BatofGotham

The prices for all these sets look like they'll be fair and nothing crazy expensive. That said, 2/3 of the sets are subpar.

The Cyborg set looks the best out of all of them. For once I can say, "nice helicopter Lego" :laugh: Happy to pick it up.

Lex's mech looks like a bad MOC.

The Lobo set is nothing special either. Krypto, while a great mold, is not neccessary for my personal collection as I have the cuter Superhero Girls version that fits the bill just fine.

Not a fan of Cheetah to the point where I'd rather continue using the innacurate Tiger Woman CMF as a substitute. All this waiting for a fig of her to have basic black legs and no arm printing... :look:

Killer Frost's hair is a strange choice to say the least. 

The random molded explosion-type of accessory pieces are ok but not very Lego-like imo. 

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It's like since they were introduced, people just want just about every single figure to have them

Can't help that the main draw of Superhero sets are the figures, the characters. I think it's reasonable, although i can see when it's excessive, like when people thought the 1966 Mr Freeze should've had them.

Those green extras don't fit in with lobo set. The look more like GL stuff.

Do we have UK prices?

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

1 hour ago, Krulis said:

Lobo's Space Hog is great: awesome mifigs and nice build. :sweet: Other two sets not so much (but I need that Reverse Flash fig).

Funny, I was thinking they couldn't do worse than Ghost Rider's bike, but then they prove me wrong. If it proves to be like the GR set, and shows up sub-20USD I'll grab just for the novelty of having LEGO versions of Lobo and Krypto.

So the build are pretty bad in all new sets, but Lobo bike is at least somewhat decent. Lobo is the best minifigure of the lineup, the rest look plain with no printed or double molded legs on any minifigure( except for WW). I'm especially dissapointed that both Flash and Reverse Flash don't have dual molded legs, why?! Batman looks alright, slightly updated New 52 design, same classic WW, Lex looks like Juniors version. New characters Cheetah, Killer Frost look very plain. It seems like Lego just decided not to put any effort in these sets for some reason...

The first 2 look really good, but don't like the Reverse Flash set. Great minifigs tho. Unfortunate no dual molded or printed legs for any expect WW. 

76098_Back_07.jpg?width=960

New pieces or just recolored? 

Edited by Kevii23

1 minute ago, Kevii23 said:

The first 2 look really good, but don't like the Reverse Flash set. Great minifigs tho. Unfortunate no dual molded or printed legs for any expect WW. 

It looks new piece too me. Can be used as web shield for Spidey and that power blast looking is totalg different mold.

46 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

So they're doing Killer Frost just like in Justice League of America Rebirth without the coat. I think if they did the version with the caot people will like it because it looks familiar to the one in CW

Btw coatless Killer Frost looks the same as she was durinh her suicide squad days

Edited by Captain Nemo
Do not quote pictures.

So I found an image of Rebirth Killer Frost, which is where they based the figure on:

Screen-Shot-2017-01-21-at-4.54.07-PM.png

Maybe the spooky boy hair would've been better.

All the sets look good! But isn't this 2018 not 2017...... My apologies of someone has already said that but I'm pretty sure Cap'n Nemo said he doesn't want us making those threads any more - the mods would 

Edited by Ashnflash

I'm really happy they're basing some of the characters off Rebirth even though when I said it before you guys said it's too early. Really nice minig treat for comicbook fans:sweet:

2 hours ago, latenightguy said:

Overall, these sets seem disappointing, especially the Cyborg/Flash set which looks like a Juniors set. Also, there seems to be a new gimmick with all of the new blast molds shown, which seem off for LEGO. 

How did you come to the conclusion it looks like a Juniors set? Please elaborate! (sorry if I cam off rude just wanted to understand how you came to this conclusion). (I was gonna hold off commenting on these sets since this is the 2017 thread not the 2018 thread but after seeing this comment I wanted to get to the bottom of it).

...They're ok at best, but still a little disappointed. Builds are better than the minifigures for the most part, wait did I just say that?

Killer frost, what did they do? She needed the spiky white hair, it's like they had a whole bunch of extra Magpie hairpieces left from the Lego batman movie sets and decided to give her that... Flash, really? I'm not even going to say anything about him. Reverse flash looks decent, cyborg has a new variant... I'm shocked that we already have 3 cyborg variants in less than three years. While flash, in four years, has only two. The builds in this set are actually good.

Lex luthor mech is actually the highlight of the wave for me. It's a very neat build, props to lego for remaking a set and being able to pull off a better build. Cheetah.. that hair doesn't work for you. The plain black legs should bother me, but it's fine. Firestorm is ok for the most part, could've been worse. Batman and Wonder Woman have new variants! That's good, I'm happy about that. Wonder Woman seems to have the new face from that exclusive book. A good set overall.

Superman, you just can't get a break. First, they don't give him a new variant for the justice league sets, and now he just looks boring. Lobo looks surprisingly good, the aqua man hair piece works for him. The builds are decent, not bad at all. Krypto looks great! Reminds me of scooby and it works. 

The whole wave overall: 7/10

Edited by Amazing Bricks

1 minute ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

You know what hair would be perfect for Killer Frost? The new hairpiece for one of the Ninjago CMF Minifigures in white:

Actually that's the zombie businessman hair, which is an even better hairpiece now that you mention it. 

12 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Actually that's the zombie businessman hair, which is an even better hairpiece now that you mention it. 

Huh. I didn't realize. Have they ever exploited the rotation of a hairpiece before?

20 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Huh. I didn't realize. Have they ever exploited the rotation of a hairpiece before?

I think so, I can't think of any other example.

12 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I'm thinking that I already saw that hair piece oh there ya go. It's the zombie businessman. Nice catch.