5 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I know people around here feel cheeted if they just get a bunch of kryptic hints, but I don't mind.

Cheetah? :sweet:

Unless you're actually referring to Kryptonite Man or Mr Mind :tongue:

Edited by Duncan Young

14 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't think you're wrong, in fact I'd say the Reverse

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I can't say too much. However, I know it must be very Lexing for all of you

20 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I know people around here feel cheeted if they just get a bunch of kryptic hints, but I don't mind.

What the hell is going on here :excited:

The hyping is real

Edited by Quicksilver838

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Man, I don't even know. I thought this was supposed to be the 2017 thread.

So, uh, how 'bout them Justice League sets, huh? Those sure are a thing happening this year! I was pleasantly surprised by the Atlantis set - lots of nice Sand Green parts, and I think it's the first SH set at this price point to have four minifigures.

Don't hold your breath.

We'll never know who's serious and who's yanking chains until we actually see something.

Reverse Flash and Cheetah would be strong additions (Hopefully without her goofy hair). 

I want to say Lobo is too...mature?...of a character to be in a Lego set. But who knows? The Joker is a homicidal maniac and Lego has managed to avoid that aspect of his character for years.

Can't speak for everyone, but I don't think anybody wants or cares about Lex Luthor. Even if you missed out on the sets that include him, the rest of the set is what's worth getting, not the generic bald-guy-in-a-suit minifigure. 

So call me skeptical at best.

Edited by Deadshot

15 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Exactly. Is this just a bunch of DC puns or an upcoming DC set? :wacko:

I believe that these are subtle hints towards sets that we can expect in the beginning of next year... if true these would be some very interesting sets indeed...

But since this is indeed the 2017 thread maybe we should put this talk on ice until a 2018 thread has been created.

He was also in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon ... a toned-down version, at least, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

Lol, the cryptic hints coming earlier and earlier each year.

Gonna save you all some trouble, there is nothing to read into here, I know absolutely nothing.  But I am liking some of those guesses, would be really great if they came true.

Back on topic though, I am really liking all the movie JL figures (except Superman's, lazy Lego) and plan on picking them up one way or another.  Flash's in particular is spectacular, love the resemble to Ezra in the face.

3 hours ago, Deadshot said:

I want to say Lobo is too...mature?...of a character to be in a Lego set. But who knows? The Joker is a homicidal maniac and Lego has managed to avoid that aspect of his character for years.

Man, I remember back when lego released the 2008 tumbler set that was straight up just Batman stopping Joker from poisoning people with ice cream made with his toxin, with the stickers listing flavors such as rigor mortis soft ice. None of this steamroller nonsense!

Anyway, I like how one comment that made puns just blew up this thread. I'm pretty sure the guy knows nothing, guys.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

8 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Man, I remember back when lego released the 2008 tumbler set that was straight up just Batman stopping Joker from poisoning people with ice cream made with his toxin, with the stickers listing flavors such as rigor mortis soft ice. None of this steamroller nonsense!

Anyway, I like how one comment that made puns just blew up this thread. I'm pretty sure the guy knows nothing, guys.

It's time to chill with the guessing, don't want to glide too far off-topic.  This thread has gone rogue for too long as it is.

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Actually Tragic Banjo knows a lot.  I would actually listen to what he says.  Anyway I also like the atlantis set lots of great parts and the figs are great too.

If the designs of these hinted are from rebirth I'm gonna sell organs

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Going a touch off-topic for a second, but I just need to gush: I'm still kind of surprised that they didn't go with scale-mail, but this suit is honestly kind of perfect?? Even the way the green carries down to the boots! If I had any complaint here, it would probably just be with the intensity of the color being too lax and Jason Mamoa's hair and beard not quite fitting the design, but he looks so much like the 90s hook-hand Aquaman without the full armor that I'm letting it pass. Somehow the Aquaman side of the DCEU is just shredding it, and I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of his cast.

ANYWAY

I kind of wish they would've gone into more detail with the figure's arms, at least to include those rad gauntlets and maybe the shoulder pads. I'm also hoping the buckle printing on the hips is better in person, because it looks almost nonexistent in Delta's photo. I can make out subtle traces of the triangle pattern in between the bands on the torso, like they're printed in a color that's not quite different enough for the camera to focus on it. Pretty great translation of a pretty damn great design.

I kinda expected the Armored look. Michael Wilkinson said his main inspiration for the suit was Mamoa himself. That scales are really out of the question for the design but they wanted to go for a different direction with it. They wanted the armor to look like ancient and kingly, like it was from their Atlantean ancestors. All of those complex textures makes it look so otherworldy and they were from an ancient culture

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Actually Tragic Banjo knows a lot.  I would actually listen to what he says.  Anyway I also like the atlantis set lots of great parts and the figs are great too.

But it was Duncan Young that said puns and Numbuh1Nerd that suggested how the Aquaman hair would look good on Lobo

Let's take a break in 2018 sets. Well Lobo will be a great minifigure tho!

let's enjoy this new photo.

does he has a scar below his eyes?

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't care for this Aquaman, but i think a lot of Castle fans would like him and his berserker face/hair thingy. He has highlights in his hair :-p fashion!

are there better pics of the Atlanteans and parademons yet? 

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Jason Mamoa does have that thing in the movie.

there is an image attached

Edited by Captain Nemo
Do not quote pictures.

52 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nah, Jason momoa has those spots under his eye.

I'm definitely expecting a Reverse Flash figure next year. This would never happen but imagine a speedster battle pack. :wub:

3 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

I'm definitely expecting a Reverse Flash figure next year. This would never happen but imagine a speedster battle pack. :wub:

Don't be too Impulsive ,you're very quick to set your trajectory to west of ...uh ... Max Mercury?

Spoiler

I know nothing, I just like puns.

When should we expect the mods to open the 2018 thread?

9 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Don't be too Impulsive ,you're very quick to set your trajectory to west of ...uh ... Max Mercury?

Reveal hidden contents

When actual details have surfaced probably, and most likely when quite a few surface. Last year the 2017 thread opened in June I believe, so we should see actual details soon :)

Edited by J3D1-T

19 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Hide contents

That's a nice set of speedsters you got there but dont forget OG Wally West!

8 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

But it was Duncan Young that said puns and Numbuh1Nerd that suggested how the Aquaman hair would look good on Lobo

What you don't trust me? How Strange. It makes me want to scream! 

(but that belongs in the Lego Batman thread :wink:)

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

What you don't trust me? How Strange. It makes me want to scream! :tongue:

Hugo Strange? Now I'm really excited, I take it your saying characters from the third wave of Batman Movie sets, as some of these characters are from the movie. Although it could be normal DC! 

@Duncan Young I just look for random capital letters throughout your replies whenever I see them :grin: