On 2/2/2017 at 2:43 AM, Legoman123 said:

Personally I think they won't release until it's close to the movie, although Star Wars TFA released sets a couple of month before the film released, so maybe.  

Is the Green lantern or Martian Manhunter not in the JL movie? 

I remember hearing about GL being a cameo, but that might've just been a rumor.

I don't think MM will be in this universe, at least for now. They'd already got a god-like archetype, they wont add another one anytime soon.

Like someone else said, "Unite the Seven," so it has to be one of them. Or even Shazam. 

Either way, GL/MM/Shazam, I don't see any of them being in the sets because they'll just be a cameo in the end ayways. 

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

I don't think MM will be in this universe, at least for now. They'd already got a god-like archetype, they wont add another one anytime soon.

Like someone else said, "Unite the Seven," so it has to be one of them. Or even Shazam. 

Either way, GL/MM/Shazam, I don't see any of them being in the sets because they'll just be a cameo in the end ayways. 

Counter: "Unite the Seven" could have just meant unite the "seven seas" as it was Aquaman.

Another counter: That image was released so long ago, plans could have easily changed and they dropped a character to use later instead. You're most likely correct; sets seem unlikely to have any surprise heroes this upcoming wave.

5 hours ago, Thelegodan said:

I won't try to go to far into speculation, but I'd assume there will be all of the league split up into the sets. The biggest set will most likely have Steppenwolf seeing as how they like to put the main baddie in the biggest set (ie. Lex Luthor) Parademons as henchmen are almost most definitely (such as ultron drones the Lex Corp workers, and the Chitauri). Hoefully Commisionor Gordon or Alfred will make there way into sets like Lois lane did, but that's wishful thinking. Of course I have nothing to base this off, but prior knowledge of how lego has comic book movie sets in the past

Light spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

As per the JL set visit, Alfred appeared in concept art for the Flying Fox in the cockpit/gunner.  So it'd make some sense for him to appear in that set.  Granted things could change by the time of the movie, but Lego usually bases their sets on concept art.

Non-spoiler: Alfred will probably make an appearance.

Hi guy's i don't know if this is the right place to post this since i am new. But i made a video which has the Justice league movie sets box art and other new sets in it. here; 

Honestly, unsure how they will divide the league in the sets, at minimum its going to probably end up being two heroes per set and the big set is going to have to have Superman.

The Parademons will be interesting to see, unsure how they'll portray them - minifigure form i guess maybe with new wings pieces

parademo.png?w=654&h=426

Steppenwolf will likely end up being a big-fig if they keep his previously shown design. They could probably mod the big-fig comic book inspried Thanos i suppose. He'd be in the biggest set, most likely based on the Flying Fox, with Superman added because chances are Superman wont appear until the Steppenwolf battle.
NEzIWrZHcJs6DD_2_b-1000x509.jpg

On 04/02/2017 at 1:13 AM, Delta Customs said:

Like someone else said, "Unite the Seven," so it has to be one of them.

Unfortunately this seems unlikely, the remark was made when sharing information on Aquaman and could be a refrence to the 'Seven Seas' - the main plot people believe the Aquaman film will be about will be taking command over the Seven seas in a similar sense to Thor having to take command over the Nine realms.

At the moment we only know that Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg are in this movie as heroes.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

At the moment we only know that Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg are in this movie as heroes.

And Mera.

Here are the figure we should probably expect for the Justice League sets.

- One set might be the 'Wonder Woman' set containing Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor and a giant-man sized Ares.
- Three sets, probably mirroring the same pricing as the GOTG Vol 2 sets.

Figures;

1. Batman - Member of the league
  2. Wonder Woman - Member of the league
  3. Cyborg - Member of the league
  4. Superman - Member of the league
  5. Aquaman - Member of the league
  6. Flash - Member of the league
  7. Steppenwolf - Big-bad for the league to fight, probably a 'big-fig'
  8. Parademon - Generic flying henchmen for the league to fight, likely to be heavily prominent in the movie
  9. Alfred - Flies the Flying Fox

At the moment we have a minimum of 9 figures and depending on what happens with the Wonder Woman set, we may only have two sets to disperse these over unless there is an additional set we have not been shown. I'm not sure Mera belongs in that line-up especially given she might be more of a cameo role than Alfred.

12 hours ago, Tygurah said:

And Mera.

Everything mentioned about the character including by the actress is that she is only in for a cameo appearance at Atlantis to set-up Aquaman, so i would'nt class her as a 'hero' when as far as we know she does nothing.

It makes more sense to include Mera in a potential singular 2018 set that has Mira, Aquaman and either Ocean Master or Black Manta depending who the main villain is - to coincide with the Aquaman movie.

For aquaman they should release  2 sets, one with Manta and Aquaman, and one with Aquaman, Ocean Master and Mera.

Considering it's the only DCeu  movie lego has to work with in 2018.

7 minutes ago, deskp said:

For aquaman they should release  2 sets, one with Manta and Aquaman, and one with Aquaman, Ocean Master and Mera.

Considering it's the only DCeu  movie lego has to work with in 2018.

Hit the brakes, that is way too far off for speculation, and the mods will definitely not want us discussing it on a 2017 thread.

Do we know how likely the box art is to be inaccurate? I'd love to see modified versions of the DC trinity for these sets, but they look the same as the BvS counterparts. I won't complain if they are, since they're all good figures, and since Civil War reused Avengers figs, there is a precedent for it to happen this way.

I don't recall the box art ever being inaccurate, the lead time on designing the figs are shorter than the box graphics so it's unlikely to happen.

Far as superman and wonder woman they should look the same based on what WB is showing.

Would be cool to get the new plain batman suit, but reusing the bvs one isn't a huge crime. (especially if they add leg print which I think the art is showing. Superman too)  One might argue adding the tiny army plates might make the print too busy and really its not very prominent on the actual suit.

At Least we can almost certainly count on a new tactical batman!

The civil war reuse of figures was bad, cause it was not the correct costumes for them. vision wasn't even correct for either movie. 

I do find that DC seems to have been going very slowly for some years then all of a sudden a JL movie is happening out of nowhere. :laugh:

On 2/6/2017 at 1:56 AM, deskp said:

I don't recall the box art ever being inaccurate, the lead time on designing the figs are shorter than the box graphics so it's unlikely to happen.

Far as superman and wonder woman they should look the same based on what WB is showing.

Would be cool to get the new plain batman suit, but reusing the bvs one isn't a huge crime. (especially if they add leg print which I think the art is showing. Superman too)  One might argue adding the tiny army plates might make the print too busy and really its not very prominent on the actual suit.

At Least we can almost certainly count on a new tactical batman!

The civil war reuse of figures was bad, cause it was not the correct costumes for them. vision wasn't even correct for either movie. 

Civil War box art shows a Captain America costume that was never even in the movie - it was concept/promo art only.

The Civil War Vision IS accurate to both movies. I assume you are referring to the gem color, which was changed in a new head. The body was reused.

Captain America was the only figure that was reused from Avengers. The only different in his movie costume was the removal of the red bits between films, so Lego reused the previous figure. Black Widow was reused too, and the costume there was pretty different. So out of 12 superhero characters, there were only 2.5 reuses, and 9.5 original designs. 7 of those already existed as other figures and were remade for the new movie sets. It wasn't as bad as you remember.

10 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Civil War box art shows a Captain America costume that was never even in the movie - it was concept/promo art only.

The Civil War Vision IS accurate to both movies. I assume you are referring to the gem color, which was changed in a new head. The body was reused.

Well the marvel boxes does not use artwork of minifigures in their logo area, dc does.

No, his chest is based off concept art, its shaped like some arrow or something and the purple area goes much further down, in the movies its shaped like a diamond.

On top of those its a lot of smaller details thats wrong as well. look at the purple patterning on his chest. LEGO FIGURE.

Legos vision is not based on the appearance in the movie and that's that.  Lego had a chance to fix it but didn't..

Edited by deskp

On 04/02/2017 at 1:13 AM, Delta Customs said:

I could see that happening, I mean they've done it in the end credits with a lot of Marvel's movies.

As for MM I just thought they'd put him in the movie, or at least the next part as he is part of the original seven.

I'd love to see Shazam show up, wasn't he a SDCC exclusive one year? 

8 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I could see that happening, I mean they've done it in the end credits with a lot of Marvel's movies.

As for MM I just thought they'd put him in the movie, or at least the next part as he is part of the original seven.

I'd love to see Shazam show up, wasn't he a SDCC exclusive one year? 

I wouldn't get your hopes about J'onn. David Goyer, who's been a pretty key figure in writing just about all of these movies, has said some pretty choice words about Martian Manhunter. Now, Goyer isn't a writer on Justice League, but I'd imagine his opinions either have some clout to the execs or that Snyder and other DCEU mainstays might agree with him given how often they work together on this stuff. Personally, I think there's a really fantastic story in him. Superman, now publically accepted, finds out that J'onn is being held captive in Area 51, and isn't happy. Clark's an alien, too, and the world knows it and is fine with it, so why should J'onn be treated any differently just because he looks less human? It'd make for a nice way to bring Superman back to his more traditional (and interesting) self, and establish a really nice relationship between the two (sort of like what they had in the JLU Christmas special).  

Given Green Lantern hasn't been cast yet, he's also quite the long shot. Shazam's a little more likely, but whether or not he's been cast is a big question mark. I'd say we're getting 6 this time around, and the sequel will bring out at least one of the Green Lanterns.

This is all maybe a little off-topic, though, not to mini-mod.

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I wouldn't get your hopes about J'onn. David Goyer, who's been a pretty key figure in writing just about all of these movies, has said some pretty choice words about Martian Manhunter.  

David Goyer also said "Batman Vs. Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities. It’s like Frankenstein meets Wolfman or Freddy Vs. Jason. It’s somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp."  :laugh:

(And he was kind of right...)

Edited by Mat099

2 hours ago, Mat099 said:

David Goyer also said "Batman Vs. Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities. It’s like Frankenstein meets Wolfman or Freddy Vs. Jason. It’s somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp."  :laugh:

(And he was kind of right...)

Except it was barely the second movie, but let's not veer into this topic.

I'm just wondering how Cyborg's arm cannon will be handled on the minifigure. It looks like a handheld accessory from the blurry picture, and the closest piece I can think of is that one female ghostbusters cannon in that one dimensions story pack, yet I'm not sure if that piece would look so good.

8 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Except it was barely the second movie, but let's not veer into this topic.

I'm just wondering how Cyborg's arm cannon will be handled on the minifigure. It looks like a handheld accessory from the blurry picture, and the closest piece I can think of is that one female ghostbusters cannon in that one dimensions story pack, yet I'm not sure if that piece would look so good.

They may be able to do a new hand mold?  I guess they kind of did that for Jack Hammer from the Monster Fighters theme.

It does look like u see his normal lego hand holding onto the thing that has the blue stud.

Its not the current 'hand armor' peice cause the stud would be the other way around on it.

It's possible it's just the stud shooter again.

001.jpg

Edited by deskp

5 hours ago, deskp said:

It does look like u see his normal lego hand holding onto the thing that has the blue stud.

Its not the current 'hand armor' peice cause the stud would be the other way around on it.

It's possible it's just the stud shooter again.

No, please no, anything but that stud shooter! I looked at the image again and you're right about the placement of the stud, but it doesn't look as if he's holding the handle of a gun or piece. I'm leaning towards a new piece now, maybe even a new arm mold as someone said earlier, if we've just been interpreting the hand wrong.

3 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

No, please no, anything but that stud shooter! I looked at the image again and you're right about the placement of the stud, but it doesn't look as if he's holding the handle of a gun or piece. I'm leaning towards a new piece now, maybe even a new arm mold as someone said earlier, if we've just been interpreting the hand wrong.

An arm mold like that robot arm from the Agents and Monster Fighters theme but with a stud shooter built in could be pretty cool, I think.

I haven't followed this progression much, but seeing the picture of the parademon up above, what if they went the way Star Wars did with their Geonosis people and use the plastic wings instead of molded? It'd probably be cheaper for them, but less what we want.

1 hour ago, TheLegoDr said:

I haven't followed this progression much, but seeing the picture of the parademon up above, what if they went the way Star Wars did with their Geonosis people and use the plastic wings instead of molded? It'd probably be cheaper for them, but less what we want.

Should be fine if they look solid like hawkman wings. The geonosian wings really fail with their big transparent border on the outside.