Sign in to follow this  
Fuppylodders

MoC- Elves dragon/Star Wars microfighter crossover

So, After having done my microfighter Hoth scene which went down quite well, I decided to do an Endor one. In a conversation that followed, I jokingly said I should do one with a Friends twist, and call it 'Friendor'. I wanted to create something that would, when on display, give girls something to enjoy looking at rather than something that could typically be perceived as what a male would normally enjoy. However my job position has taken a turn which means I won't be able to do anything to do with lego (or pretty much anything) for the next year, and so thought I would share this little start of it with you guys as I've no idea if I will manage to get round to it after I come back.

So, I had planned to do a microfighter imperial shuttle. When I saw the Elves dragons the idea instantly popped into my head to crossover the dragon and imperial shuttle. This is what I came up with... I think you can probably see the slight nod to the shuttle :classic:

The dragon could stand on its own 2 feet without the 2x2 boat stud on the bottom, but the 2x2 curved tile kept coming off as it has a weak clutch strength. So figured I would just use the boat stud, and have the tail help with stability while it is standing on its feet.

In flight mode, it looks pretty good on a stand.

It is generally a pretty sturdy build too.

My only real issue i had with this was how to get a minidoll to sit in it infront of the main fin. This was the best solution I could come up with...

I'm also not entirely satisfied with how the top of the main fin has turned out, but can't dedicate anymore money into this at the moment (surprising how expensive these colourful parts are!)More pics of it on my flickr.

C&C welcome.

27309548444_66e9d8a757_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

27308671873_918097bc42_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

27921702565_af383a0212_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

Edited by Fuppylodders

What a crazy concept! :laugh:

I think you've managed to pull this off rather well, I especially like what you've done with the fin in the middle.

So, After having done my microfighter Hoth scene which went down quite well, I decided to do an Endor one. In a conversation that followed, I jokingly said I should do one with a Friends twist, and call it 'Friendor'. I wanted to create something that would, when on display, give girls something to enjoy looking at rather than something that could typically be perceived as what a male would normally enjoy. However my job position has taken a turn which means I won't be able to do anything to do with lego (or pretty much anything) for the next year, and so thought I would share this little start of it with you guys as I've no idea if I will manage to get round to it after I come back.

So, I had planned to do a microfighter imperial shuttle. When I saw the Elves dragons the idea instantly popped into my head to crossover the dragon and imperial shuttle. This is what I came up with... I think you can probably see the slight nod to the shuttle :classic:

The dragon could stand on its own 2 feet without the 2x2 boat stud on the bottom, but the 2x2 curved tile kept coming off as it has a weak clutch strength. So figured I would just use the boat stud, and have the tail help with stability while it is standing on its feet.

In flight mode, it looks pretty good on a stand.

It is generally a pretty sturdy build too.

My only real issue i had with this was how to get a minidoll to sit in it infront of the main fin. This was the best solution I could come up with...

I'm also not entirely satisfied with how the top of the main fin has turned out, but can't dedicate anymore money into this at the moment (surprising how expensive these colourful parts are!)More pics of it on my flickr.

C&C welcome.

27309548444_66e9d8a757_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

27308671873_918097bc42_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

27921702565_af383a0212_c.jpgMicrofighter Star Wars/Elves crossover by Sam, on Flickr

Very intriguing concept, a scaled down version would compliment mighty micros and microfighters very nicely. Well done!