Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Unlikely Society - Chapter 8

Hello everyone,

With a couple of days off from work over the holidays, I finally found some time to finish chapter 8 of the Unlikely Society. Sadly, one of our brave heroes makes the ultimate sacrifice.

chap08teaser.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

-Joebot

P.S. With the removal of the Your Own Creations forum, I wasn't sure where to put this. It's kinda Town-ish in the sense that the story takes place IN a town. But then it's a superhero story, which makes it vaguely science fiction-ish, so maybe it should go in the Space forum?? Ugh, I don't know. I took the safe route and stuck it under "Other."

I moved your old ones to Town, but if you'd like I can move them here to Others...it's up to you. Just let me know. So happy to see another chapter-as a fellow writer I can sympathize with finding the time.

Killing off a character? Ooooh oo ooohh!! Enough chit-chat, I gotta go read... 8-|

Nice job.... *y*

Shame on me for missing this great site until now.

I wonder if we will see the dead hero again. (superheroes have

the bad habit of coming back from the dead ;-) )

Forgive me, if this has been asked before, but how did

you make the character profiles?

Are they all made with Photoshop, or is it an actual

program/tool which can be downloaded somewhere?

Edited by Nebsirob

These are great JoeBot! I can't believe I've been missing out on these for so long! 8-|

I'm gonna go watch the 8th one now, I hope it's as good as the others. :'-)

I moved your old ones to Town, but if you'd like I can move them here to Others...it's up to you. Just let me know. So happy to see another chapter-as a fellow writer I can sympathize with finding the time.

Killing off a character? Ooooh oo ooohh!! Enough chit-chat, I gotta go read... 8-|

"Others" is probably the appropriate forum, since I suppose it's not really a Town MOC in the traditional sense. I dunno, it doesn't matter to me. We almost need a separate forum for "Stories."

I can't believe it's been three months since the last chapter. Yeesht. The dumbest thing I did was to start putting the "date posted" for each chapter, because then it really drives home the fact that I don't make new chapters very often!!

Shame on me for missing this great site until now. I wonder if we will see the dead hero again. (superheroes have the bad habit of coming back from the dead

Nebsirob -- that's very true about superheroes not staying dead. How many times has Marvel brought back Jean Grey? They killed and resurrected Colossus in about a year. How long until they bring back Captain America? So, who knows ... maybe we'll see some Unlikely Society characters come back from the dead.

Forgive me, if this has been asked before, but how did

you make the character profiles?

Are they all made with Photoshop, or is it an actual

program/tool which can be downloaded somewhere?

As for the character profiles, I made those using Microsoft Visio. It's primarily a flowchart application that I use at work, but it has a bunch of other features too, including being able to make user interface mockups. I used that to make a fake database UI. Visio is awesome; it's the only Microsoft application that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Thanks for reading!

As for the character profiles, I made those using Microsoft Visio. It's primarily a flowchart application that I use at work, but it has a bunch of other features too, including being able to make user interface mockups. I used that to make a fake database UI. Visio is awesome; it's the only Microsoft application that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Thanks for the response...

I just searched for Visio... between 150 and 500 Euro *wacko*

Seems like I have to search for acheaper solution.

Another nice addition, Joebot! To be honest, I wasn't really upset about this death... I suppose I like the heroes you I can understand more... 8-|

hey JoeBot!

So who's the culprit who took a purple marker and "graffiti-ed" your monorail track? heh... (its visible from the Chap08Page1 comic).

Nice comics though! I really LOL wen I first read it! heh!

Yes!! Great update. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's hard to keep update, trust me, I know. But this was a nice little addition. Moving the plot along and quite a bit of action too. It seems a little more rushed than your previous stories. You used to take more time with plot and make more work of the jokes which I liked a lot. Either way, you have me hooked. I will always follow your stories, inluding novellas I promised to read that I haven't got to yet. :-$ Thank you so much for continuing to entertain us. Your stories are great. *sweet*

hey JoeBot!

So who's the culprit who took a purple marker and "graffiti-ed" your monorail track? heh... (its visible from the Chap08Page1 comic).

Nice comics though! I really LOL wen I first read it! heh!

That's funny, I wondered if anyone would notice that. My daughter did that a long time ago. I was not pleased.

Yes!! Great update. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's hard to keep update, trust me, I know. But this was a nice little addition. Moving the plot along and quite a bit of action too. It seems a little more rushed than your previous stories. You used to take more time with plot and make more work of the jokes which I liked a lot. Either way, you have me hooked. I will always follow your stories, inluding novellas I promised to read that I haven't got to yet. Thank you so much for continuing to entertain us. Your stories are great.

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, this chapter was a little light on the jokes. Next time I promise to bring the funny.

I wish I could promise a quicker update for the next chapter, but I haven't even taken the pictures for it yet!!

And don't worry about the novella. ;-) I have a short story coming out in a print anthology one of these days, which I'm very excited about. No word yet on a publication date, but I'll keep you posted.

That's funny, I wondered if anyone would notice that. My daughter did that a long time ago. I was not pleased.

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, this chapter was a little light on the jokes. Next time I promise to bring the funny.

I wish I could promise a quicker update for the next chapter, but I haven't even taken the pictures for it yet!!

And don't worry about the novella. ;-) I have a short story coming out in a print anthology one of these days, which I'm very excited about. No word yet on a publication date, but I'll keep you posted.

Can't clean it away eh? that's a waste... hehe..

wow a print eh? will be waiting for that! :-$

How long until they bring back Captain America?

Captain America's dead? X-O :'-( X-D

Great comics, I'm still only up to the 2nd 'classic comic'. X-D Although I think I've flicked through one of the other ones before, and got confused because I went from classic to new and not in order. *wacko* :-$ I'll do it right this time! :-P

~Peace

Nice update, Although I'm sorry for the unlike society with the loss of their Members.

Always thought that Boybands were evil :-P :-D X-D

Now this comic has everything: comedy X-D, action >:-) , tragedy :'-( and sci-fi *alien* !!!!

Great job! *y*

Doh !

Great as always, though a bit short. It has been hard to keep up on the story with the time gap between this one and the last episode.

Note that it could be considered as a criticism while it's not, I am just being a pure junky of your comics. I need my dose :-P

Very good comic! Poor Blackbird. :-P Although I must say, I preferred the original Unlikely Society. Will we ever see them return?

~Peace

Doh !

Great as always, though a bit short. It has been hard to keep up on the story with the time gap between this one and the last episode.

Note that it could be considered as a criticism while it's not, I am just being a pure junky of your comics. I need my dose :-P

I know, you're right about the time gap. It's like watching "Lost" and having to wait a year between seasons. I wil try to be more prompt with updates.

Very good comic! Poor Blackbird. Although I must say, I preferred the original Unlikely Society. Will we ever see them return?

No immediate plans to bring them back, but you never know. A few of them still hold promise (I always loved writing Hue Man and Monochromancer's dialogue), but most of them were one-joke characters that were starting to wear thin. How many Elvis jokes can I make with the Elvinator?? Ugh.

Well let's face it, we all want that duo back. I couldn't stop laughing at reading comments behind Hue Man's back. I think the new characters have a lot of perspective though. I can't wait to see how you'll use them in the future.

Don't worry about the updates, it shows you're having a life (which is good for future insipiration). And there's still reasonnably clever and the S-team for daily lego comics updates

Sorry for being so late!

I really like the new comic *y* They lost a precious member, and they got fired, but I'm sure they'll be back and they'll stop the aliens (maybe 8-| )!

I still don't understand what 'good' Death Pli

great new comic Joebot! a little short though! :'-( I like reading for ages! :-D

Poor Birdgirl, she shall be missed *sad*

I like the way they take Joebot's head off to sit him down on a chair! X-D

The role of the mechanic (Jack) will be made clear in the next chapter. It's almost entirely about him.

I suppose I'll have to be patient, then :-$

An "aged Mr. Fister?" You think so? An interesting theory ....

You know, I work in the University: we always come up with interesting theories *wacko* X-D

LuxorV