Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Thanks Ron, it feels good to know that the Buwizz is on the last steps for its final release, i am very interested on it, and i also hope to get a few of them in a near future, thank you for your hard work.

Man those housings are pretty.  Not much in terms of an update.... but it does say a larger update is coming soon.  I will wait for that. 

Thanks for the response.....

Thanks for the update @Ron1!

I know it's the one question you don't like to hear, but do you have any idea about the timeline of the project? In other words; can you give us an estimate when the first BuWizz units will be ready for shipment?

That´s good news indeed! The additional port for other RC applications is a nice candy too, much appreciated :thumbup:!

I have written my wishlist for Christmas just right now  :excited:.

I am looking forward to receiving the two units I ordered, but it sounds like it won't happen until the new year.  Unfortunate, but a longer wait for tested quality is the most important factor for me.

I have a project which I may stick these on, however, will likely test them on the ICARUS build.

It will be interesting to see how many of us dredge up old projects to use this in. no doubt they're will be new projects out, but using this with old builds will be fun too. I know I will be using it in both old and new stuff

8fd569bd9b7bce497a7246453e39cc66_origina

We took some pictures and as you can see, we have a surprise! Additional port will be used for something we will talk about later. For now we want to leave you guessing :-)

Very interesting, what is this ? Any thoughts?

Edited by rm8

My first guess was a 2s1p RC adaption, but  that would mean a voltage about “only” 7,4V. But if you look closer, you can spot 4 contacts – therefore it´s a 3s1p – for 11,1V. IMO it must be an additional support for LiPo battery, makes sense as alternative to USB powerbank (??) That will make your Legos fly like crazy (and probably burn your motors) :wink: ...

The picture looks great, and the quality of the mold (and result) ia superb!
Can't wait for my kickstarter purchase to arrive! The Buwizz unit will be great on Jurgen's telehandler and Kevin Moo's Forklift MKII.
If we would just know what this other port will do or enable in the near future...

Edited by emielroumen
taipo

How it's going so far? 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I haven't seen any more information about shipping of this device,  and the website is still saying "pre-order". Will it ship in before Christmas or it will be a later date? 

Edited by LXF

Guys, recently I received the e-mail from Kickstarter where BuWizz team informed that they received the necessary batteries, but have troubles with screws and connector pins, that didn't come yet. Here is the quote:

Unfortunately, we are still missing two other components, namely screws that hold the housing together and some connector pins. This we had not anticipated...

We did all the production related development work (including developing test procedures), we sourced all electronic components, PCBs, developed tooling for plastic moulding, developed the firmware.  

But the screws... The screws literally "screwed" us. We did not anticipate the seemingly simple screws for plastic will take so long to source. And the connector pins... Estimated delivery time for both components is now end of December... While this means you will unfortunately not get the BuWizz under your Christmas trees, please understand the huge amount of work & logistics we had to go through to get to the point we are now - right in front of the finish line!

Estimated shipping date is now first half of January.

So, no X-mas or New Year gifts(:look:), but anyway the ETA has been published.

Edited by Void_S

2 hours ago, Void_S said:

Guys, recently I received the e-mail from Kickstarter where BuWizz team informed that they received the necessary batteries, but have troubles with screws and connector pins, that didn't come yet. Here is the quote:

So, no X-mas or New Year gifts(:look:), but anyway the ETA has been published.

Would it be too optimistic for Greek Orthodox Christmas next month?   :classic:

13 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Would it be too optimistic for Greek Orthodox Christmas next month?   :classic:

That should be Russian Orthodox Christmas (7 January), because Greek Orthodox Christmas is the same day as Catholic Christmas ...

12 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Russian Orthodox Christmas (7 January),

Russian Orthodox Christmas EVE is the 6th of January.

Edited by m3eu

We are near mid-Jan now.... and no new updates on their kickstarter page.  But I am seeing comments posted recently..... three days ago a comment by one of the members of the kickstarter project stated "...BuWizz will shop very soon...." - not sure exactly what that means.  Pretty vague.  But I am excited to see any posts on this thread once backers actually start receiving their product. 

Well, shipping date is when the parts will be packed up and hauled to the post office (or picked up by DHL or whoever). And it's still a few days until end of 1st half of January. I don't expect anyone to get a BuWizz until around 18th to 20th. But I'm looking forward to any hands on reports as well...

BTW: Last BuWizz comment was 3 days ago:

We are very sorry. Delays are a common thing in startups and on Kickstarter. We are glad to share insights, to prove we are doing our job. BuWizz will start to ship very soon and all informations on the product will be revealed for the product launch.

Still, no idea what this white connector on top shall do.

It's a 4 pin connector.  Maybe 2 pins for +/- power, 1 pin for serial out and 1 pin for serial in.  An interface to Mindstorm devices?