Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

The fleet is complete! MF has been moved! Over the moon with the final product. Photos honestly do not do it justice. Big thanks to Mortesv for this awesome creation. Can I just say that the GR-75 was a nightmare to build!

Anyway........on to the next project..........

n1AVte.jpg

cfNmyd.jpg

hXXRHY.jpg

ghBhDP.jpg

akiev8.jpg

6XAYLX.jpg

Congratulations with the fleet :)

I am bit surprised that the GR-75 proved to be a nightmare - I mean compared to the Frigate :)

I do remember I kept bumping the bottom greeblies off when putting the two halves together though :)

And finally I get to join the rest of the Rebels!!! :wub:

31013746322_4b291f8983_c.jpg

Bought the instructions in July, bricks arrived in Sep and finally completed in Nov... what a ride!

Big thanks to Mortesv for building such a wonderful creation and to Cdj223 for doing up the instructions. Without you guys, we won't get to build this masterpiece! :classic:

Edited by Azrielsc

Congratulations Azriel!

Looks superb on a dark background!

Does it hold without support under the "sword"?

19 hours ago, mortesv said:

Does it hold without support under the "sword"?

Yes the Nebulon is able to balance with just the 3 transparent pillars.

There was no need for the small support for the "sword" because I realised after fitting the pods onto the main frame, it is actually quite sturdy with hardly any flex!

I mainly did some modifications, as per eco's advice, as well as some additional bracing in the interior of the main body. As for the outside greebling, I mainly stayed true to the instructions except that I closed up as much gaps as I could find. :wink:

Edited by Azrielsc

That is great to hear :)

I will consider removing the little extra leg now :)

1 hour ago, mortesv said:

That is great to hear :)

I will consider removing the little extra leg now :)

The Nebulon was on its 3 stands (without the one below the "sword") for the past one month and there has not been any signs of sagging.

Took a peek at the frame before I added the panels covering the "sword" and main body and there were no separations there, even though I was pressing hard on the frame to get the panels fixed in place. :laugh:

You made it strong, Mortesv!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Azrielsc

On 21 November 2016 at 3:43 PM, Azrielsc said:

And finally I get to join the rest of the Rebels!!! :wub:

31013746322_4b291f8983_c.jpg

Bought the instructions in July, bricks arrived in Sep and finally completed in Nov... what a ride!

Big thanks to Mortesv for building such a wonderful creation and to Cdj223 for doing up the instructions. Without you guys, we won't get to build this masterpiece! :classic:

Excellent work!

5 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Excellent work!

@Hunter003 Much thanks!

Love all the greebling on the ship, especially the engine areas!

30818576060_3fb2f67d6a_c.jpg

31042616482_4cc1c2aaea_c.jpg

Oh and I just measured this beast and its:

• 125 (L) x 25 (W) x 56 (H) cm (including the antennae), or
  • 47.25 (L) x 9.85 (W) x 22.05 (H) inches (including the antennae)

On 11/11/2016 at 7:13 PM, ecmo47 said:

What a great set-up! Looks like all your missing is Cavegods AT-AT. The 10019 Tantive IV is one of my favorite Lego USC models but it easy to see that it has some scale issues compared with the Neb-B. Make sure to order these parts to "trick-out" your MF: #4150px24 ( Light Gray Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Hatch Hexagonal Pattern) and part #98100pb05 (Light Bluish Gray Cone 2 x 2 Truncated with Millennium Falcon Cockpit). One display note. Your MF is mounted too far back on the spine. Looks like you may have switch the MF position with the center support position.

@ecmo47 Thanks for the ideas! :thumbup:

Parted out my 75030 MF microfighter for the cockpit and ordered the #4150px24 elements, which came in the mail today!

31050384782_32e9d49194_c.jpg

Sweet! :classic:

Edited by Azrielsc

On 11/23/2016 at 2:55 PM, Azrielsc said:

@ecmo47 Thanks for the ideas! :thumbup:

Parted out my 75030 MF microfighter for the cockpit and ordered the #4150px24 elements, which came in the mail today!

31050384782_32e9d49194_c.jpg

Sweet! :classic:

Btw, if you can figure out how to mount the falcon through the middle vent (in a reasonable way) I'll be very happy, because so far I haven't found a solution. Rigth now it is designed to mount on the top turret as you have also done, but it is not 100% correct.

3 hours ago, mortesv said:

Btw, if you can figure out how to mount the falcon through the middle vent (in a reasonable way) I'll be very happy, because so far I haven't found a solution. Rigth now it is designed to mount on the top turret as you have also done, but it is not 100% correct.

Oh, I didn't know that the Falcon was supposed to be mounted through the middle vent until you mentioned it! I had to google the photos to check it out!

I tried with a couple of bricks and found that once it is mounted through the "vent", it becomes very front heavy and when it is mounted on the Nebulon, it dips forward, unless I add more bricks to the back of the MF to balance it out, or a redesign of the rear of the MF...

30876134590_2c5f77d77e_c.jpg

5 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Oh, I didn't know that the Falcon was supposed to be mounted through the middle vent until you mentioned it! I had to google the photos to check it out!

I tried with a couple of bricks and found that once it is mounted through the "vent", it becomes very front heavy and when it is mounted on the Nebulon, it dips forward, unless I add more bricks to the back of the MF to balance it out, or a redesign of the rear of the MF...

I used a bit of superglue of the front on the MF to keep the 3 wedges tight together. They just kept opening up as per your photo every couple of days. Its done the trick.

I need to get that cockpit and side vents ordered as it really lifts the look of the MF.

On 11/26/2016 at 4:23 AM, Azrielsc said:

Great! Can you show me how the tube is attached to the Falcon, please? :)

3 hours ago, mortesv said:

Great! Can you show me how the tube is attached to the Falcon, please? :)

@mortesv: OH, I did not think that you would approve so I tried it out once and then broke it down as I didn't like how it tips forward. :tongue:

Anyhow, all I did was:

1. Remove the 1x6 plate below the vents
  2. Replace it with a 2x2 plate
  3. And on top of the 2x2 plate, I used a 3176 plate.

31162472422_8a7e017731_c.jpg

Still don't quite like it though. So I got the mini-MF broken down once again and am fiddling with it to see if I could come up with a better solution. Or I just keep the mni-MF in its original form! It looks great as it is already!

Edited by Azrielsc

Well, I am not sure I 100% approve - I just wanted to see what you did :) 

1 hour ago, mortesv said:

Well, I am not sure I 100% approve - I just wanted to see what you did :) 

I perfectly agree as well! It doesn't look right so the mini-MF is back to its original form! :laugh:

The mini-falcon plans are included in the Neb-B plans. Up to mortesv if he wants to release them separately.

I've got 98% of my parts in place but I can't seem to find 4276, Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 2 Fingers Light Blueish Gray anywhere at a decent price.  Are these pieces exposed on the exterior or could I possibly swap in a different color?

99% of those hinges are buried so color does not matter. I think we discussed this a little back at the beginning of this thread. I used mostly light  grey and some black in my model. 

On 29/01/2017 at 11:01 PM, agentalpha said:

I've got 98% of my parts in place but I can't seem to find 4276, Hinge Plate 1 x 2 with 2 Fingers Light Blueish Gray anywhere at a decent price.  Are these pieces exposed on the exterior or could I possibly swap in a different color?

Only a couple are exposed, if I remember correctly. :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Only a couple are exposed, if I remember correctly. :thumbup:

Correct, don't worry about them - I only used them all in grey sine I have a ton left over from the modding my SSD bottom (they were a lot cheaper back then:D  )

@agentalpha: I looked at my Nebulon and I could only find 4 sets of 4275 & 4276 that are exposed and they are found here:

Bottom of the Engine Area

32706289066_34af8f5837_c.jpg

And on Top of the Bridge

31932980923_019e2eac92_c.jpg

Can't seem to find other LBG hinges being "exposed" too.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

PS: Just found out from the photo that I have a really crappy looking LBG lever! Got to get it changed out ASAP! :tongue: