Cjd223

Mortesv's UCS Nebulon-B Medical Frigate INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE

Hello all Eurobrickers! Today is a great day for the community as a MOC is making its long awaited release to the public! That's right, Mortesv's UCS-Scale Nebulon-B Medical Frigate now has plans ready for purchase :grin:

The purchase of these plans includes a professional grade manual totaling at 1,493 pages, the LDD files used to create the manual, an excel spreadsheet covering the 531 unique parts lot and their quantity, and a bonus LDD file that contains to scale models of fighter ships to put next to Nebulon when it is on display!

So to recap, a purchase of these plans includes the original LDD files, a 1,493 page instruction manual, an excel spreadsheet parts list, and a bonus LDD file with to-scale fighters. The final price for this awesome bundle is 50 U.S Dollars ($50). If you are interested in purchasing a copy, please PM me or send an email to chrdvorak@hotmail.com

The final MOC contains 5,728 pieces, which would make it the largest Lego Star Wars set if it were released on shelves. The ship measures about 4 feet long when completed! A lot of hard work went into this project on both the designing end and the manual end, and Mortesv and I are very excited to give everyone the chance to build this awesome MOC! Here are some images from the manual:

27757122595_367901d6d8_z_d.jpg

27757174145_3473332822_z_d.jpg

27757162295_1310f58bff_z_d.jpg

27757155075_d8b597a825_z_d.jpg

27144980004_ef714fab14_z_d.jpg

May the force be with you and happy building!!! :grin:

Edited by Cjd223

Cool stuff...I'll need to wait on this (middle-end of escrow on a house and baby on the way).

Enjoy it all of you!

Well done Medical Frigate team!

Edited by Cyanide-Tipped

Hm... I'm not finding 76302 from line 269 in the XLSX file. The description is "Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 10L / 8.0cm". According to Bricklink, that should be part 75c10. Can you confirm this?

Also, the 4424 vs 64951 bit needs to be clarified in the READ ME errata. There is no 64591 in LBG out there. So someone either needs to order 4424 in LBG and make a hole, or order 64951 and paint it. I'm assuming this is covered somewhere in the manual.

From the OP...

The final price for this awesome bundle is 50 U.S Dollars ($50). If you are interested in purchasing a copy, please PM me or send an email to chrdvorak@hotmail.com

The PayPal information will be provided directly to you once he is contacted.

Edited by phaelon

50$.

LOL.

Hey Cjd223, would you be kind enough to make the plaque sticker that we can print out and paste them on a 8x16 plate (90498)?

You have the specs of the Frigate on the first couple of pages but it would be great if we can get the plaque, like those UCS sets.

Cheers!

Hey Cjd223, would you be kind enough to make the plaque sticker that we can print out and paste them on a 8x16 plate (90498)?

You have the specs of the Frigate on the first couple of pages but it would be great if we can get the plaque, like those UCS sets.

Cheers!

Sure thing, I'll whip one up today

By the way, I am working on an extra bonus for everyone buying the instructions :)

I should be done within a couple weeks - it will get its own post :)

50$.

LOL.

Funny that you mock a price after recently saying that it is a "good/fair" price

27158006614_9fd569a864_k_d.jpg

Edited by Cjd223

Sure thing, I'll whip one up today

Much thanks Cjd223!

By the way, I am working on an extra bonus for everyone buying the instructions :)

I should be done within a couple weeks - it will get its own post :)

Too excited! :)

Funny that you mock a price after recently saying that it is a "good/fair" price

You forgot one very basic thing : my point is that this is up to the buyer, not the seller.

And that is why I sell most of my instructions at a very low price.

Anyway. I wish you all the best in your enterprise. :)

Hi Cjd223 is it possible for you to publish a copy of the parts list, or provide them via email? I'd like to cost it before I commit to building it (and ordering the instructions!); I'd really like to do this as a BL project :classic:

Hi Cjd223, same as Lobot, would it be possible to get the part list please ? By the way great work :-)

You forgot one very basic thing : my point is that this is up to the buyer, not the seller.

And that is why I sell most of my instructions at a very low price.

Anyway. I wish you all the best in your enterprise. :)

I'd be interested in you sharing your experience with the purchases, if you are willing. Do people often pay more than what is the minimum you ask for? If your experience is good, it might motivate others to use the same principle ;)

Congratulations to both Mortesv and Cjd223 for completing this mammoth project. I already was a huge fan of the first UCS Nebulon-B that Mortesv posted back in 2013, but it pales in comparison to this amazing redesigned version. I eagerly followed the progress on this project and the end result is without a doubt masterful, in my opinion one of the most beautiful and detailed UCS scaled ships ever made.

As happy as i am that the project is finally completed, i admit feeling rather taken aback by the pricetag that you put on the instruction manual. Even though my rather limited budget prohibits me from bricklinking a project like this, i really looked forward to getting a taste of the building process by recreating the model digitally in LDraw. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing but respect and admiration for the many hours of hard work both of you invested in this project, and i would have happily paid a small contribution as a token of appreciation for your efforts, but there is no way i can justify spending $50 on an instruction manual.

Still, personal disappointment aside, i have to say well done to the both of you. The model is absolutely stunning, and i'm sure the manual too is something to be proud of.

Anio back at commenting pointless stuff. I hope it made you feel great, your way is THE right way :hmpf_bad:

Good job on the model and the instructions!

For all those complaining about the price, please take a minute to consider that it is at the same level as CaveGod's parts list, before instructions were even made. Think about how much time and labor went into: designing the set, troubleshooting the design, creating a parts list, and then building a 1500 page instruction manual. How much would YOU charge, assuming you even felt the desire to go through all that work AFTER you built your MOC?

This is a very expensive build, primarily because of the number of pieces used. If you are prepared to spend $800+ on this (assuming you lack the spare parts), then $50 for all that effort should not be such a big deal. I guess I'm just surprised at the "everything-for-next-to-nothing" mentality.

Edited by phaelon

Second that phaelon - this is an amazing effort and for the size of build, complexity and what comes out of it - a very decent price.

A parts list would certainly be helpful. I have a large collection of grey parts so would like to see what I already have and get a rough cost for the rest!

A parts list would certainly be helpful. I have a large collection of grey parts so would like to see what I already have and get a rough cost for the rest!

Having spoken with Cjd223, a public parts list is forthcoming.

Having spoken with Cjd223, a public parts list is forthcoming.

Fantastic. I've got several other MOC's that I'm collecting parts for too, there are just far too many great builds that people are producing! Who needs retail sets.

ATTENTION THOSE INTERESTED IN A PARTS LIST:

The plan was to keep the parts list exclusive to the bundle, however bricklink is having issues uploading a parts list from the LDD file. I myself had to resort to rebrickable in order to get myself a wanted list without typing in each row from the excel sheet. This problem has led me to upload a parts list to rebrickable for the public. This had no issues uploading to bricklink, and thus is a viable solution. Of course, it will be a touch harder to keep track of parts without the excel sheet to make notes on :wink:

I also see the points made about it being better to see exactly what you will need before you start a project. After all, I have yet to see a MOC offer a parts list only if you pay, so why should this one be the first? Anyways, thank you for your cooperation, here is the link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/cjd_223/mortesvs-ucs-nebulon-b-medical-frigate

As for those disputing the price tag on the manual:

Together, Mortesv and I have spent a literal countless amount of hours into this project, Mortesv alone has been building this for years! The manual took all day work for months and all's we ask in return is a $50 charge. If you do the math, you are literally paying us a few cents (If that) per hour for us to bring you this manual and design to build for your collection. For those wanting the manual to see the process of how it is built, I'm sure that people will post gradual pics in the "Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B" thread. Thank you for your cooperation, and happy building!