Sign in to follow this  
kabel

Western 4-4-0 WIP

Well this is my first try at doing anything train, hope you will be gentle and not too harsh on a complete train noob ...

Anyway, I've actually started the tender, a coach and a freight wagon as well, but so far the locomotive is the most advanced at this stage. Evenetually she'll be part of a larger Western layout and I hope that with your constructive criticism this will become a decent looking first experiment.

So here's a first pic of the engine:

27133678233_33d34b9698_z.jpg

Coach:

27644276732_4de9cf53b8_z.jpg

That locomotive looks very well, but the coach is even better! :thumbup:

Wow. Definitely a very nice build!

I don't think it will round curves that well.... i tried that Toy Story inspired wheel set with this train

7901971022_9f45c5bf9f_z.jpg

and it only went on straight track. if you fixed that issue, kudos to you, cause i have up and went with this type instead:

24980979369_248576db71_z.jpg

this is more Emerald Night styled, and runs better on even rough-laid 12v track on carpet.

Thanks for the welcome here guys! Gald you like what I've put together so far. But as I've said before, this is my first try at a train, so feel free to take apart what you don't like!

I don't think it will round curves that well..

Well, I'm using the 79111 connection between main body and frontrunner, so at a decent speed it does move through curves. However, I can't run it in 1st or 2nd gear and it also looses speed when I run it in higher gears. Wonder why that is ...

Thanks for the welcome here guys! Gald you like what I've put together so far. But as I've said before, this is my first try at a train, so feel free to take apart what you don't like!

Well, I'm using the 79111 connection between main body and frontrunner, so at a decent speed it does move through curves. However, I can't run it in 1st or 2nd gear and it also looses speed when I run it in higher gears. Wonder why that is ...

Oh, okay. I didn't see it that type of connection at first, but now I do. Awesome models by the way!