Sign in to follow this  
Norro

It's Quiet, too Quiet...

29 members have voted

1. 1. It's Quiet, too Quiet...

• 6066 Camouflaged Outpost
    • 6071 Forestmen's Crossing
    • 6077 Forestmen's River Fortress

Sword or no sword I'm still going with 6071. So ner!!!

A cutlass would perhaps be more convincing? ;)

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm more for the rapiers myself. Cutlasses are too slow for my liking.

How about a cannon?

God Bless,

Nathan

Cannons don't seem to make effective short range weapons. Unless your target is standing right in front of it, then it can be truly mind blowing...

Cannons don't seem to make effective short range weapons. Unless your target is standing right in front of it, then it can be truly mind blowing...

Mind Blowing! :P Excellently worded...

Life is Good.

And every pun was intended!

Now, what was it were we talking about? Oh yes... Forest Men... And Forest Wenches... How are they at present?

Cannons don't seem to make effective short range weapons.  Unless your target is standing right in front of it, then it can be truly mind blowing...

The poetic side of Captain Red Beard emerges... :-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Captain Red Beard indeed! That was all me! ME ME ME!!!

Now time for a Forest Men question:

Did any of the Forest Men have names, like the leader for example?

Now time for a Forest Men question:

Did any of the Forest Men have names, like the leader for example?

The leader, Ilike to call "Tim"... :-D Actually, isn't that like asking if any of the Black Falcon guys had names? Or the Lion Knights? or the Royal Knights? :|

Life is Good.

Yes, its the exactly the same. Are you implying the Black Falcon Guys, Lion Knights and Royal Knights didn't have any names? All the key mini-figures in the Pirate theme had names so I was wondering if this applied to the Castle themes as well.

Yes, its the exactly the same.  Are you implying the Black Falcon Guys, Lion Knights and Royal Knights didn't have any names?  All the key mini-figures in the Pirate theme had names so I was wondering if this applied to the Castle themes as well.

The soldiers are pretty key... militarily speaking; and they're a little short of personality, not to mention a name. All my knowledge of lego pirate names comes from the comic book I had when I was younger (lost regrettably) and no equivalent was ever made for castle...

God Bless,

Nathan

You'll find that the Pirate LEGO names were also in some of the LEGO catalogs and the names varied depending on the location.

For example:

Captain Red Beard was Captain Roger in the UK and Australia but in Germany he was Kapitein Knoest.

I did create a thread a while back discussing why different sets had different names in different parts of the world. I think the naming of mini-figures came up in that. I think its in the LEGO Company & History thread somewhere.

You'll find that the Pirate LEGO names were also in some of the LEGO catalogs and the names varied depending on the location.

For example:

Captain Red Beard was Captain Roger in the UK and Australia but in Germany he was Kapitein Knoest.

Yes I've read the old magazines (and have man from different countries because of my moving), I was just referring to where I personally sourced the names...

God Bless,

Nathan

You lost the Pirates Comic which now is extremely RARE??? Many deogrative words and phrases spring to mind but none of which I'll relay here. Instead I shall console your grievences and provide you with a link. I know its not the same as the real thing and you might have already seen it, but its better than nothing...

MERRY WHATEVER-FESTIVE-CELEBRATION-YOU-CELEBRATE

You lost the Pirates Comic which now is extremely RARE???  Many deogrative words and phrases spring to mind but none of which I'll relay here.  Instead I shall console your grievences and provide you with a link.  I know its not the same as the real thing and you might have already seen it, but its better than nothing...

MERRY WHATEVER-FESTIVE-CELEBRATION-YOU-CELEBRATE

Disentergrated from frequent use may be a better description of what happened...

Thanks for the link... God Bless,

Nathan

You literally loved it to death?

Yes.... but wait a moment! This crafty pirate has 'commandered' (nautical word: PoC) my thread about forestmen and we're now talking about pirates and I didn't even notice and that confuses me and there was probably one too many 'and's in there...

God Bless,

Nathan

Oh dear! What have I done. Very well then, what else can you tell me about the Forest Men? Or to be politically correct should that be "Forest People", because did they not have a wench of their own?

Oh dear! What have I done. Very well then, what else can you tell me about the Forest Men? Or to be politically correct should that be "Forest People", because did they not have a wench of their own?

How about "Forest Dwellers", kinda encompasses everything living... :-D

Life is Good.

Yes, that's a way describing them without discriminating...

I think forestmen is more democratic...

God Bless,

Nathan

There's not enough forest women to spark a decent protest against such a sexist title!

....exactly.... we need to borrow a few from the pirates theme...

God Bless,

Nathan

There was not a great deal of wenches in the Pirate theme anyway... Not enough to spare for the Forest Men I'm affraid.