Forresto

LEGO Star Wars Pricing Discussion Thread

On 2/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, RetroInferno said:

A-wing and phantom 2.0 takes the cake as far as bad pricing goes. I'll just bricklink Thrawn.

Unfortunately I actually like the ships :( Gotta pay full price too, since they're only available online in Australia, so no chance of a sale.

Edited by Magmafrost

I'm happy with the US prices on all of the new winter sets except for the battle packs. I might get antsy and buy the Naboo set or the Phantom but I'll still wait for the rest to go on sale. If LEGO starts to make more battle packs like the bounty hunters one coming out this summer then I'm fine with the $2 increase. 

Edited by jdm44

On 2/15/2017 at 2:50 PM, Magmafrost said:

Unfortunately I actually like the ships :( Gotta pay full price too, since they're only available online in Australia, so no chance of a sale.

Oh this pain I know all too well. Loved the TIE Adv. Vs. A-Wing so paid more than retail for it. Now I have 2 sets I want this year that are gonna cost me so much but I really want em. Oh the life on an AFOL in my region. 

Honestly super excited about the great US price for the Phantom 2.0 and Landspeeder. That saved me an extra $15 which I can use for a battle pack!

Edited by starwars4ever

How is that new scout trooper and speeder bike $54.99!!? I'll re-think about getting that!

On 19/02/2017 at 5:14 AM, will said:

How is that new scout trooper and speeder bike $54.99!!? I'll re-think about getting that!

Haha, buildable figures are expensive.

I love the new A-wing set. SO… naturally I thought about getting it. $90 seemed a bit too high, but I thought, "Hmm, it is fairly large, and the piece count is rather high." I was quite convinced until I remembered that in 2013, I could buy Duel on Geonosis, a much larger playset, for $90!! It's pretty sad how much LEGO prices have increased over the years.

The A-wing should be $70 at most. End of story.

Also, I love The Phantom II, and I love Grand Admiral Thrawn, so that seemed like a must get. $70… a little hard to stomach. I was convinced though, because the detail on the minifigs was pretty good, the ship was fairly chunky and… you know, "licensing fees". That was until I realized I could get Detroit Steel Strikes, another licensed set also from Disney, for $60! A small one-seater ship vs a rather large mech AND a car? It's not a competition.

The Phantom II should be $50-55 at the most. End of story as well.

Edited by VaderFan2187

Most of the new Star Wars sets are 20% on Amazon right now.  I got the new battle packs for $12 each.  And the Y-Wing for well under $50!

I know in the US it was in that packaging originally for $500. What its worth now I could not say but I do know that its sold for ridiculous sums of money. I myself am not good with mathematics or economics so I couldn't tell you what its worth with inflation. If you have plans of selling it just keep in mind there are rumors that there is a new updated UCS Millennium Falcon coming out this year which means desire for the old version may plummet upon an announcement. That however is rumor and speculation. 

If you want advice solely for selling on the aftermarket there are plenty on this forum i'm sure who would give you advice but if so I would ask in this forum. Buy, Sell, Trade, and Finds

On 2/22/2017 at 8:04 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

The A-wing should be $70 at most. End of story.

Haha, it's $80 here in Aus and even if it was on sale for $70 I'd still refuse to pay that much. I wouldn't buy it for more than $50.

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Haha, it's $80 here in Aus and even if it was on sale for $70 I'd still refuse to pay that much. I wouldn't buy it for more than $50.

EIGHTY? Sorry for the all caps but that's absurd. Its a cool set from what i've seen but at that cost you would have to really like the A-Wing. 

What do people think of the new summer waves prices? They showed them at the New York Toy Fair. They only showed the USD prices though, so you would have the convert. Even that isn't correct all the time as according to conversion The Phantom 2 was going to be almost $50, and it costs an amazing $30. Anyhow I believe it was:

Battlepacks: $15

Republic Tank and Vader's Transformation: $25

Quad jumper: $50

Rathtar Escape: $80

Tracker 1: $70

The arrowhead: $90

Scout with Speeder Bike: $55

Stormtrooper Commander: $25

The Advent Calendar: $40

Overall my impression is positive. If the prices stay like that I'll be really pleased. The fact that Vader's transformation and the tank are both $25 is almost mind boggling as I could see them going for more(knock on wood). I don't mind the battlepacks raised price as the blow is extremely soften by the bounty hunter's pack excellent minifig line up, even though we have yet to actually see them,and I'm honestly really digging that speeder. The First Order pack isn't bad either with price as it has a new officer, what appears to be a new shield piece, and they didn't give the flametrooper a stud shooter: he has his full pack and gun, an excellent addition super happy with that. The build seems cool too, it kind of reminds me of a sleigh. The Rathtar Escape set is what it is. It has decent figures though I feel like one more guvian death gang member would have really helped it. When it inevitably goes down I'll most likely pick it up as I do like it. The Freemaker sets are alright for the price, I'm never seen the show so I'm not into it really, but I certainly wouldn't call any of the sets a steal. They do have a couple cool minifig heads I'll give them credit for that. The advent Calendar is priced the same I believe. 

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

EIGHTY? Sorry for the all caps but that's absurd. Its a cool set from what i've seen but at that cost you would have to really like the A-Wing. 

It's not $80 for me… it's $90. :grin:

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I paid $70 for 75049 Snowspeeder, which is a little too expensive, but I'd be willing to pay $70 for the slightly larger A-wing. $90? Just no.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:14 AM, will said:

Well, the regular Stormtrooper Buildable Figure in the same wave is slated to cost $25 (which is also absurd), but then again all the "Constraction" figures seem overpriced to me.  So anyway, an extra $30 for the Speeder Bike honestly sounds pretty understandable to me.

15 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I paid $70 for 75049 Snowspeeder, which is a little too expensive, but I'd be willing to pay $70 for the slightly larger A-wing. $90? Just no.

That was $60 here, which I thought was way too much. In my opinion I find that usually it goes smaller set = less value. I caved the other day and bought Duel on Naboo and Yoda's starfighter at full retail price of $45 each. Definitely not worth it. I can barely cope with the prices here, I can't imagine how you New Zealanders feel.

On 22/02/2017 at 2:30 PM, kibosh said:

Most of the new Star Wars sets are 20% on Amazon right now.  I got the new battle packs for $12 each.  And the Y-Wing for well under $50!

I can't find the Y Wing on amazon at all, how did you find it?

40 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-75172-Y-wing-Starfighter-Building/dp/B01J41KMOY

Also, on the UK Lego shop website the Tie VS A wing, Resistance troop transporter and various buildible fighters are all reduced.

Thanks, but that's on the uk site, he said he got the Y-Wing for well under $50, I was wondering where he found it for under $50... (I have a us address I can send to)

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I can't find the Y Wing on amazon at all, how did you find it?

if you can't find it, that usually means it is sold out in all Amazon warehouses, and you can only buy it from a third party seller

17 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Thanks, but that's on the uk site, he said he got the Y-Wing for well under $50, I was wondering where he found it for under $50... (I have a us address I can send to)

17 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

if you can't find it, that usually means it is sold out in all Amazon warehouses, and you can only buy it from a third party seller

Yep.  Looks like it's sold out now.  It will be back.  As soon as new sets are released, I add them to my wishlist.  I'm in front of a computer all day, so I check my wishlist daily to see if things have been discounted.  If they go below 20% off, I snag them.

On 24/02/2017 at 2:07 PM, FishW said:

What do people think of the new summer waves prices? They showed them at the New York Toy Fair. They only showed the USD prices though, so you would have the convert. Even that isn't correct all the time as according to conversion The Phantom 2 was going to be almost $50, and it costs an amazing $30. Anyhow I believe it was:

Battlepacks: $15

Republic Tank and Vader's Transformation: $25

Quad jumper: $50

Rathtar Escape: $80

Tracker 1: $70

The arrowhead: $90

Scout with Speeder Bike: $55

Stormtrooper Commander: $25

The Advent Calendar: $40

Overall my impression is positive. If the prices stay like that I'll be really pleased. The fact that Vader's transformation and the tank are both $25 is almost mind boggling as I could see them going for more(knock on wood). I don't mind the battlepacks raised price as the blow is extremely soften by the bounty hunter's pack excellent minifig line up, even though we have yet to actually see them,and I'm honestly really digging that speeder. The First Order pack isn't bad either with price as it has a new officer, what appears to be a new shield piece, and they didn't give the flametrooper a stud shooter: he has his full pack and gun, an excellent addition super happy with that. The build seems cool too, it kind of reminds me of a sleigh. The Rathtar Escape set is what it is. It has decent figures though I feel like one more guvian death gang member would have really helped it. When it inevitably goes down I'll most likely pick it up as I do like it. The Freemaker sets are alright for the price, I'm never seen the show so I'm not into it really, but I certainly wouldn't call any of the sets a steal. They do have a couple cool minifig heads I'll give them credit for that. The advent Calendar is priced the same I believe. 

The Tracker 1 continues the trend of needlessly expensive TIE-ish sets, except this one has some massive tanking potential like the Arrowhead; putting out two of the biggest summer sets out of Freemakers of all things is ballsy to put it mildly, although I'm sure resellers are gonna jack up those prices on these exclusive figs Thrawn style. At least some people will be happy. 

The best value objectivly it seems are both the Tank and Vader's transformation, although subjectivly I'm not too fond of a set commemorating the: NOOOOOOO!!!! scene.

Both battle packs are extremly good values too even with the price increase, although it seemed inevitable. The 3$ difference between a 4 figs set with crappy-ish build was a no brainer compared to decent mini-build with only one fig ( especially those that included a single battle droid, poor kids ). 

The rest of the sets (constraction excluded ) seem decent, although their source material is extremly poor.

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

UCS Snowspeeder is $330 AUD. WTF.

I really don't get Lego as far as adjusting with currencies. There's a 30$ gap with the Krennic's shuttle. So 90$ US and 120 CAN.

Snowspeeder, 200$ US and they ask 230$ CAN for it. That's great!

Australia seems to get the short end of the stick though.

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Australia seems to get the short end of the stick though.

You can say that again. And to add insult to injury, it has 300 less pieces than the Slave I, which is $300 here. It makes no sense, considering it has less minifigures. I'd say maybe the exclusive cockpit is to blame, but the Slave I had one too.

21 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You can say that again. And to add insult to injury, it has 300 less pieces than the Slave I, which is $300 here. It makes no sense, considering it has less minifigures. I'd say maybe the exclusive cockpit is to blame, but the Slave I had one too.

There's no excuse for it. Fewer minifigures, fewer pieces, im assuming less overall mass, and what I also assume is fewer unique pieces. Lego has a captive market and they know it. extremely disappointing. I was considering paying full price for it on the online shop (for what I thought was 300), but now I am having second thoughts.