Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

First 2016 LEGO Ideas Review - Guessing Game

Next LEGO Ideas set  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the next LEGO Ideas set to get approved?

• Fossil Museum
    • Gingerbread House
    • Jedi High Council Chamber
    • Jurassic Park Visitor Center
    • Modular Train Station
    • Old Fishing Store
    • Particle Accerelator
    • Rolling BB-8 !!
    • Johnny Five
    • None

Did you guys forget we're getting a Winter Train? 10254 I think.

that's what I was wondering. Seems like this year's Winter Village set is the train I keep hearing about.

Oh I didn't know Winter Train was the 2016 Winter Village set!

I thought it was like last year's Gingerbread House

Well, with the backlog of Ideas sets, I wouldn't expect the Gingerbread House to be a 2016 release anyways.

It's not just the backlog; IIRC, when they announced the first two of the four sets we're currently waiting on (the Caterham Super 7 and the Adventure Time figures), they indicated only one of the two would be out this year, and that it would be later in the year. Apparently, three of the four forthcoming sets are due next year.

I've been wondering whether they'd set aside production time for a set or two from the review batch before that, but since they wound up not approving any projects from that batch, they just wound up rescheduling the production time for something else, so that the only two Ideas sets we're getting this year are the Maze and either Caterham or Adventure Time - i.e., they had resources allocated for something in between the Maze and those two, but when that one review went with nothing approved, they rescheduled the factory time they'd expected to use for a project from that review.

This makes me think that at least one project was picked, otherwise I doubt they would have us stay tuned for something that would eventually be bad/no news.  

The Old Fishing Store was approved! I did not see that coming. But congratulations - that project certainly earned it!

Our talented prognosticators this go-around are: Brickbuilder0937, Kaanere, leveldestroyer31, Leewan, Boromir, LegoManTroy, Nerd-with-a-Pencil, and 09JBlake!

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Removing random dot

Didn't see that coming. Congrats to him - he makes a lot of good stuff - a lot which seem to get 10k votes. 

Hey, I was actually right this time! It still came as a surprise, I thought that there might be no project selected from this review, but I am psyched we're getting the Fishing Store!