I hope they dont skimp on the internal details and removable sections the delux version had to make it "swooshable". I think that'll be the deciding factor for me. The scale (and therefore the posibilities for internal details) appears noticeably smaller in the teaser than in the original ideas submission. 

It does appear noticeably different from the original design so far in both the lunar lander and the top portion of the rocket, especially the command module.  Whether or not the changes are a good or bad thing depends on the final design reveal.  Why they did the partial reveals is kind of puzzling to me as I do not remember any other Ideas project getting this type of tease, especially as we get close to the supposed launch date (pun intended).  It would seem like it will be between $100-$200.  

5 hours ago, allanp said:

I hope they dont skimp on the internal details and removable sections the delux version had to make it "swooshable". I think that'll be the deciding factor for me. The scale (and therefore the posibilities for internal details) appears noticeably smaller in the teaser than in the original ideas submission. 

The scale doesn't seem very different to me… looks like around a 12-stud diameter second stage, 8-stud diameter third stage, and 4-stud diameter command and service module (the original had a 14-stud diameter second stage, but the other stages were still around the same size).

That said, it is entirely possible that the final set will be based on the basic model and not the deluxe model. Particularly since the fuel tanks in the deluxe model were a later update — the project managed to get its first 4,000 supporters before it included any sort of representation of the fuel tanks. Also, the set version seemingly avoids STAMPs entirely, so its side walls may be thicker and more elaborately constructed to allow for that.

I agree that it will probably follow more of the basic design since there are 800 fewer parts in it than the deluxe version.  If the rumored prices are even near accurate, then I doubt they included the fuel tanks.  If they are trying to cut down on piece count, they could also eliminate or make the stand very basic.  Instead of having the rocket placed on the stand as in the presentation, it could be something like a small plate with room for a couple of astronaut minifigs, the Lunar Lander, and maybe a flag.  

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, AFOLguy1970 said:

I agree that it will probably follow more of the basic design since there are 800 fewer parts in it than the deluxe version.  If the rumored prices are even near accurate, then I doubt they included the fuel tanks.  If they are trying to cut down on piece count, they could also eliminate or make the stand very basic.  Instead of having the rocket placed on the stand as in the presentation, it could be something like a small plate with room for a couple of astronaut minifigs, the Lunar Lander, and maybe a flag.  

I sure hope they didn't strip the rocket itself down. I'm fine losing the pad, stand, minifigures, etc. But if the rocket itself is stripped out, it'll be hard to argue $120+ expense...

Based on the scale analysis we did earlier in the thread, I think it should be just shy of 3 feet tall... Which is pretty big in my mind.

Personally, I think the exact opposite. 

I hope they keep the stand and minifigs, but don't care about them including fuel tanks on the inside. To me, they don't add much (just some extra pieces on the inside), and they won't be seen. Plus they admit on the project page that the version with fuel tanks is less stable.

I think the stand is pretty much essential, since the design will likely otherwise be at risk of falling over and breaking. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:20 AM, nikhkin said:

Personally, I think the exact opposite.

Well one of us will get what we want! :grin:

Edited by thorin

6 hours ago, thorin said:

Well one of us will get what we want! :grin:

The real winner is LEGO, since we'll both buy it either way. 

Edit:

They've released another picture. This one shows us the size of the command module, which seems to be faithful to the original project (not that there are many piece options as an alternative). Shame we didn't get any more info than this.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/photos/a.10150175674793403.303596.6665038402/10154596945588403/?type=3&theater

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/852870954254577665

1G1AtOh.jpg

Edited by nikhkin

Beautiful detailing on the command module!  I just hope it's printed, not a sticker... Lego's last Apollo 11 model was a bit of a nightmare in that regards.  

Getting really excited for June...

36 minutes ago, NathanR said:

Beautiful detailing on the command module!  I just hope it's printed, not a sticker... Lego's last Apollo 11 model was a bit of a nightmare in that regards.  

Getting really excited for June...

I think we can safely assume it's a print, not a sticker. Ideas sets in general virtually always use printed parts and not stickers. The only times they've ever used stickers are for the very first two CUUSOO sets (both I nitially released back when they were produced in extremely limited quantities exclusively for the Japanese market) and The Big Bang Theory, which used a couple stickers for part types that are seldom or never printed (and for which they presumably aren't set up to print on). And even that last set still had several set-specific printed parts in addition to those two stickered ones, and every CUUSOO / Ideas set outside those three has had only prints for element decoration (though two sets, the Curiosity Rover and the Maze, didn't use any decorated elements at all, whether stickers or prints).

It's still possible there might be stickers elsewhere in this set, but I'm sure the majority of decorated parts in it (including all the ones we've seen, including this cone used for the command module) are prints.

I would agree. Looks printed to me. There appears to be a stripe around the base of the piece that overlaps the stud cavities... I'm doubting they'd even consider a decal for that.

Is it just me or is it missing a rounded piece on the bottom to give it that "bell" look of the real thing...

Edited by thorin

On 10/4/2017 at 8:48 PM, PrisonBrick said:

Ok, it seems we got date, definitive catalogue number and a price: 06/01 (June), #21309, Euro 119,99.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:23 PM, PrisonBrick said:

As we said...

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ideas-apollo-11-saturn-v-21309-soll-11999-euro-kosten/30835

14 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

It's still possible there might be stickers elsewhere in this set, but I'm sure the majority of decorated parts in it (including all the ones we've seen, including this cone used for the command module) are prints.

I wouldn't be so sure... As far as I can tell from a quick search on bricklink, this 4x4 cone has never appeared with a print on it before.

8 hours ago, thorin said:

I would agree. Looks printed to me. There appears to be a stripe around the base of the piece that overlaps the stud cavities... I'm doubting they'd even consider a decal for that.

The "stripe" is actually the base of the 4x4 cone piece, there is a narrow bit around the stud cavities that doesn't slope.  And when you consider sets like the old midi-Millennium Falcon, the 4x4 cone used a sticker for the cockpit windscreen.

8 hours ago, thorin said:

Is it just me or is it missing a rounded piece on the bottom to give it that "bell" look of the real thing...

I think they've used a 4x4 round plate to represent the heat shield, as opposed to an inverted dish.  Maybe this is to help it connect to the Service Module.  You never know, we could get lucky and have one complete Saturn V launch stack using a plain white cone for the booster protection cover, and a completely separate CSM model including this printed/stickered cone.

24 minutes ago, PrisonBrick said:
On 10/04/2017 at 8:48 PM, PrisonBrick said:

Ok, it seems we got date, definitive catalogue number and a price: 06/01 (June), #21309, Euro 119,99.

Thank goodness my payday is a few days before... :laugh:

2 hours ago, NathanR said:

I wouldn't be so sure... As far as I can tell from a quick search on bricklink, this 4x4 cone has never appeared with a print on it before.

The "stripe" is actually the base of the 4x4 cone piece, there is a narrow bit around the stud cavities that doesn't slope.  And when you consider sets like the old midi-Millennium Falcon, the 4x4 cone used a sticker for the cockpit windscreen.

I'm not sure what happened with your quick search on Bricklink (maybe it was a little too quick?), but the 100% sticker-free Toy Story set 7591 Construct-a-Zurg uses the same cone in purple for most of Zurg's head, and his mouth is printed on that cone.

You never know, we could get lucky and have one complete Saturn V launch stack using a plain white cone for the booster protection cover, and a completely separate CSM model including this printed/stickered cone.

I was thinking the same thing once I saw that third teaser image. I confess it hadn't occurred to me at all before that, but as soon as I saw that pic I thought it might be a possibility.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Rephrasing to hopefully not sound uncivil

Today there's probably going to be another teaser (the three teasers where on friday) or in the best case we will get a full reveal of the set. 

I think it'll be the full reveal, since the previous three covered the mission from launch to splashdown. I've been checking the page, just waiting!

Well yesterday was disappointing. I wonder why they moved away from weekly information/pictures/reveals.

Either way, they are probably going to announce very very soon. They won't want to wait until mid to late May (too close to release) and they won't want to compete with May the 4th promotions... So I feel like the announcement has to happen this next week.