Thank you! Unfortunately it seems like they ship all their products to Sweden, except the Saturn V :hmpf_bad:

Seems like I have to wait a even more...

Well, though I ordered a while ago(an hour or 2), still no confirmation from JS,only from paypal that there will be one. I hope it is in stock and JS didn't jump the gun.(because I will cancel,and never buy a thing from them)

3 hours ago, dognosh said:

Well, though I ordered a while ago(an hour or 2), still no confirmation from JS,only from paypal that there will be one. I hope it is in stock and JS didn't jump the gun.(because I will cancel,and never buy a thing from them)

John Lewis have excellent customer service, so you can always ring to confirm. I got my Saturn V from there a week before launch because they did jump the gun!

Got a message from lego a few days ago. Saying the product I ordered was out of stock and I need to wait a little longer till they have it stocked again. I ordered mine June 3rd when the backorder said July 11th. Hoping they will have it and ship it out by that date. Can't wait to get mine and build it.

Really weird though, the set is so popular yet it takes a really long time to get it back in stock. 

Edited by larsy

19 hours ago, danial said:

John Lewis have excellent customer service, so you can always ring to confirm. I got my Saturn V from there a week before launch because they did jump the gun!

Good news, they are now processing it :)

18 hours ago, larsy said:

Got a message from lego a few days ago. Saying the product I ordered was out of stock and I need to wait a little longer till they have it stocked again. I ordered mine June 3rd when the backorder said July 11th. Hoping they will have it and ship it out by that date. Can't wait to get mine and build it.

Really weird though, the set is so popular yet it takes a really long time to get it back in stock. 

That's why I never order out of stock stuff from LEGO themselves. I hear it will be mid July,though they never say so in the shop(they are LEGO,they would know when next batch is out). If they do say so elsewhere, it should also be next to the out of stock item's "Out of stock" message.

p.s. John Lewis is also out of stock today

21 minutes ago, dognosh said:

Good news, they are now processing it :)

That's why I never order out of stock stuff from LEGO themselves. I hear it will be mid July,though they never say so in the shop(they are LEGO,they would know when next batch is out). If they do say so elsewhere, it should also be next to the out of stock item's "Out of stock" message.

p.s. John Lewis is also out of stock today

I ordered it when it was on backorder, because I knew it would go out of stock. So atleast I ordered it. Here in the Netherlands there aren't alot of shops/online's store that sells the Saturn v. Even if they do it has been out of stock since launch.

Still working on mine. I've almost finished the second stage, there really are some crazy techniques on the top part.

I wanted to get an idea of the final height, so I tried connecting the first and second stage. But it wouldn't work, pieces just kept flying off when I pushed down the second stage to connect it. Some pieces were colliding. Only very slightly, but just enough to cause trouble. Turned out I misplaced some parts in an earlier step.

I have a crawler from a Neo Classic Space MOC and I could not resist putting the might Saturn V on top of it...

...despite being more then three time heavier than the rocket it was designed to transport, it works!

10 hours ago, just_one said:

anyone knows if this one will be in stock for the July 1-4 2x VIP Points promotion in Europe?

Only lego knows. I think it will be in stock somewhere in July. July 1-4 I think is very unlikely.

With the rocket fully assembled (so all stages linked together) in horizontal position, the middle support stand isn't actually supporting anything - it can move freely along the rocket. The rocket just hovers above it by 1 or 2 mm.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

11 hours ago, Daniel Jackson said:

With the rocket fully assembled (so all stages linked together) in horizontal position, the middle support stand isn't actually supporting anything - it can move freely along the rocket. The rocket just hovers above it by 1 or 2 mm.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

There are two supports that are the same height, these prop up the first and second stage. The third and slightly taller support holds up the final stage. Should all level out then. 

8 hours ago, danial said:

There are two supports that are the same height, these prop up the first and second stage. The third and slightly taller support holds up the final stage. Should all level out then. 

The stands were in the correct place, still the middle one would move.

But I've fixed it! Such a stupid thing really. Turns out the table I was trying to display it on isn't perfectly flat.

5 hours ago, canuckster said:

This isn't mine, I don't know if it's against the rules to link these, my apologies if it is, but, we need this too!

Brilliant find! It's a fantastic model, but although I supported it I don't think it's ever going to be an official set.  When you think of the time needed to get 10k votes, go through the review, the design process, and finally get it on the shelves... I suspect the Saturn V will have retired by the time you get to buy the launch tower.  I'm seriously hoping for instructions to surface though...

I can tell you now that the Crawler will get rejected in the review right off the bat even if it makes it to 10k.

TLG has a rule in place where Ideas sets that are in the same theme as an existing Ideas set wont get made (so no more Ghostbusters or Big Bang Theory or BTTF or Adventure Time or Dr Who Ideas sets). And the Crawler fits into the same "Apollo Program" theme as the Saturn V which means its automatically disqualified from production.

People need to stop listing things on Ideas that have zero chance of being made (including sets that have zero chance of being made because they are covered by the above "nothing that fits into existing Ideas sets" rule or sets that have zero chance of being made because they are covered by the "nothing that fits into IPs TLG is already licensing" rule like Star Wars or Super Heroes)

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

I can tell you now that the Crawler will get rejected in the review right off the bat even if it makes it to 10k.

TLG has a rule in place where Ideas sets that are in the same theme as an existing Ideas set wont get made (so no more Ghostbusters or Big Bang Theory or BTTF or Adventure Time or Dr Who Ideas sets). And the Crawler fits into the same "Apollo Program" theme as the Saturn V which means its automatically disqualified from production.

People need to stop listing things on Ideas that have zero chance of being made (including sets that have zero chance of being made because they are covered by the above "nothing that fits into existing Ideas sets" rule or sets that have zero chance of being made because they are covered by the "nothing that fits into IPs TLG is already licensing" rule like Star Wars or Super Heroes)

Really? Then why did they make the Ghostbusters station?

29 minutes ago, canuckster said:

Really? Then why did they make the Ghostbusters station?

Because the Firehouse wasn't part of the Ideas theme or based on an Ideas proposal. That's part of the reason why this new rule was implemented—when Lego is in the process of weighing licenses during the Lego Ideas review, other potential products that could be produced under that license are part of the discussion. So it doesn't make sense to let other people try to jump onto the same bandwagon with ideas Lego is in all likelihood already considering, especially since (like in the case of the Firehouse) it invites accusations of impropriety when somebody proposes an extension of that license that is already in the works.

On 7/4/2017 at 5:10 AM, NathanR said:

Brilliant find! It's a fantastic model, but although I supported it I don't think it's ever going to be an official set.  When you think of the time needed to get 10k votes, go through the review, the design process, and finally get it on the shelves... I suspect the Saturn V will have retired by the time you get to buy the launch tower.  I'm seriously hoping for instructions to surface though...

I completely agree with this.  It would have a very limited market in the absence of the Saturn V.  Probably a lot of us who bought the rocket would not feel the need to purchase the launch tower as nice as it probably would be.  It would have to be fairly large and costly given the scale of the rocket.  With that said, I think there are plenty of space related projects that could be feasible such as space stations, unmanned spacecraft, other rockets, etc.  The Saturn V and Mars Rover projects are obviously successful, and likely the Women of NASA set will be on backorder on the day of its release as well.  Perhaps Lego will look into this and actually begin designing and producing space and aviation sets without waiting for them to surface on Ideas.  

On 7/3/2017 at 1:21 AM, TypoCorrecto said:

In stock at Target right now.

In the USA or Australia?

I'm confused...

Only a few days till my backorder date. I backordered when it said July 11th. So I hope it will get send sometime next week

Hello,

We are sending you this message to inform the Lego fans of the existence of the ideal complement to the Lego set 21309: NASA Apollo Saturn-V rocket.
This is the design of the launch tower: NASA Saturn-V Launch Umbilical Tower, scaled at 1 / 110th, identical to the scale of the Saturn-V rocket.
We, Emmanuel Urquieta (crew member and Doctor of space medicine at NASA) and Valerie Roche (co-designer of the Lego Saturn-v rocket), present this collaborative project at Lego Ideas: (link removed)

And, of course, we need your support at Lego Ideas so that this project becomes an official Lego set and will be available in stores ;-)
You can view images of this design here:

35369017480_f493af312d_z.jpg

Concerning all the information about this project, they are in the Main text of the project, at Lego Ideas.

Concerning the Lego NASA Apollo Saturn-V, we have created a solid and economical stand, with 80 to 87 bricks (depending on the chosen color bricks, available at Bricklink as example), to give maximum stability to the rocket in a vertical position.
The building guide and bricks list are available for free download here:(link removed) and pictures of the stand here:

35587194162_7602d5e504_z.jpg

Best Regards
Emmanuel Uquieta and Valérie Roche