Someone posted on Reddit that, according to an email they got from Lego Customer Service, the Saturn V set will be in production through 2018.  Has anyone heard that from any other source?

The reddit post has been picked and repeated on the brick fan website, but I've not heard any other independent confirmation.  That said, Ideas sets are typically on shelves for a year or so before they vanish.

It's not hard to believe. The wording simply implies it will be produced during 2018, not that it will be produced for the entirety of the year. That's only 6 months from now. Even sets with relatively short production runs are around for 6 months.

I'm building this with my daughter. Since everything is symmetrical, it's a nice build to share with someone, and it minimizes the repetitiveness. We just finished stage I today. It's a really nice build so far. 

The dutch lego store now also says not available. Glad I ordered when it was on backorder. Although I am still waiting for mine to get shipped. 

Well, my backordered Saturn V is now in Warehouse, so really hope they ship is this week. It's temporarily out of stock now, before it was in backorder with shipping July 11th....crazy demand for this set...as expected, it's selling on ebay for double price already

Edited by brobert

This is available in licensed LEGO stores as well, bought my new 1m ruler in Lithuania.

34994729782_38d1f4eb47_n.jpg

Received and built mine today. It was ordered on day one, but shipping to NZ isn't the fastest. I really can't overstate how impressive this set is, from building techniques to its impressive sturdiness, and great value. My only complaint is that once it's built it really wants to have a second LEM and command module, so that you can display both mini-dioramas while still having a LEM inside the rocket. Or display the docked CM and LEM in addition to the rocket and mini-dioramas. Someone mentioned that the landing and splashdown dioramas would make a great additional set on their own, and it would be really great if Lego were to consider producing this, as the additional parts would really increase the display value of the current model.

I agree, it was hard to decide how to display, I went with the standard full rocket model with the two extra items (CM LEM) just sitting next to them.  I displayed horizontally with the blue stands.  I actually set it on the "good" shelves vs my shelves in the basement and it took my wife a bit to notice it.  She didn't tell me to move it so it is in the living room.  I might be wearing her down with cool Lego builds to be displayed upstairs, big win!  

Growing up in the 70's and 80's though, space was a huge part of my childhood and this set is amazing for me to have built.  Been to Cape Canaveral recently and saw a rocket launch even, so this is a cherished set.

Amazon had a few in-stock today and I was able to snag one.  I've had a tracker set up on their site for a couple days and they seem to get them periodically during the days.  Today they had about 4 in-stock a few hours ago and was able to get one!  

I'm going to start building it this weekend! My first big set, and at first I was thinking about mixing the bags for the challenge - but I'm really reconsidering now after actually seeing all the bags.

I just finnished the build. I have to say that the box doesn't look like there is a 1m rocket inside, it is quite small and light compared to the model. The building process was clearly structured and you had to open only one (!) bag at the time (excluding the smaller bags inside one big bag). The instructions were also easy to follow and one can clearly see that this set is also buildable for non-LEGO fans.

Amazon tracker worked! They just got 6 in, I ordered one. I want to make sure i dont miss out to the scalpers or else i would wait for lego to get it. Passed it up at TRU on 5/30, not making that mistake again!

Assembled this over the weekend, really great build, loved all the weird techniques used in the structure and the finished model is certainly impressive. Seems great value as well, last set I assembled was the Quad-jumper and looking at the two together and considering the Saturn 5 only costs twice as much it is just so much bigger and more impressive looking. 

Mine arrived a week ago but I only built it yesterday since it was a birthday present to myself. That wait definitely took some self-control :D.

I agree with almost everyone here: This is a great set, possibly my favourite ever. Of course the subject matter is epic. But the build itself is lovely from the first to the 1969th brick (actually, brick #1969 is the brick separator but let's not split hairs ;)). Building this set is an excellent way to appreciate the sheer scale of the Saturn V. The build is subdivided in 12 sealed bags. The last one contains command module, the escape rocket, the lander, the service module, the splashed down command module, the stands, the lunar diorama and the payload fairing. The remaining 11 bags are dedicated to building the three stages that propel the relatively tiny service module+lander to a lunar intercept trajectory. Sometimes I change round the order of the bags to make for a more interesting build, but in this case building bottom-up is a great way to appreciate the dimensions and structure of the rocket.

The build is a masterclass in SNOT techniques. Almost every technique in the book is used to create an attractive shape, an impressive level of detail and a surprisingly sturdy model. Last but not least: If you would want to use this set as a parts pack (which I would consider heresy, by the way), you'll never need to bricklink another SNOT connector ever since the set is absolutely filled with them.

This set is a must-have. If you don't get it, you will regret it.

This set has probably remained assembled longer than any set I have bought in a long time.

It will eventually be disassembled into my collection (just like every other set I have bought) but I will never do anything that prevents me from rebuilding this epic anytime I want.

4 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Brickshelf user 'jadv' has built a Launch Umbilical Tower for it!

Why did you show me that? Now I have to reverse engineer it and order a few bucket loads of bricks... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

12 minutes ago, NathanR said:

Why did you show me that? Now I have to reverse engineer it and order a few bucket loads of bricks... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hear you!  If he publishes the LDD file or instructions, I'll be in trouble :wub: :wink:

I am still waiting for mine to get shipped. Ordered mine on June 3rd. It said it would probably ship by July 11th :/ So I guess I have to wait a little longer

27 minutes ago, dognosh said:

By chance(as I had practically given up till JULY),checking every other day, I found that John Lewis(UK) have them in stock today, ordered one :)

https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-ideas-21309-nasa-apollo-saturn-v/p3240185

I've checked every day for a couple of weeks now to find a store that has this model in stock for a reasonable price. This morning Lego S@H had it in stock, but just for a couple of hours. When I was ready to place my order it was out of stock again. Now, John Lewis seems to be the only store again, and the price is good. Do you live in the UK, or do they ship internationally?