Received word that my "30-day backorder" is now shipped and arriving Tuesday :grin:.  

I never thought I would buy this big, white rocket. As I'm not really into this kind of space models. But the many positive reviews showed me wrong. The build seems to be excellent, and that's what this hobby is about (for me).

I started my build yesterday, I've only finished bag 1-3 and it's already big. The snotted build is very clever. And only printed parts!

It's only with luck that I could buy my Saturn V yesterday. I found a seller on a Dutch version of Ebay who sells for retail price. I had it ordered through lego.com, on June 2nd, but I would only receive it somewhere later this month. But I couldn't wait.

If someone has interest in a 21309 Apollo Satrun V - signed by a designer please send a message via PM.

20 hours ago, thorin said:

I know I sound selfish... But does anyone else find themselves wanting a Gemini/Atlas and a Redstone/Mercury rocket, etc. At the same scale so you can line them up and see the height difference?

That would be fantastic... though I'd also want a Saturn 1b to complete the line-up (used for the tragic Apollo 1, the Apollo 7 test flight of the Block 2 CSM, and also to ferry crew to Skylab)

22 hours ago, Paul5451 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great to have Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan models as well. They'd be awfully small in comparison, though. If LEGO were to do this [and it seems unlikely; people remember John Glenn's Mercury flight, but even at the time, Gemini was quickly forgotten when Apollo began], they could put the two rockets in the same box.

Here's to hoping!!

On 03/06/2017 at 5:02 PM, Paul5451 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great to have Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan models as well. They'd be awfully small in comparison, though.

Ok, I know this is off-topic so please forgive me, but after seeing your picture I started playing with LDD and this is what I came up with...

Microscale Spacecraft.PNG 

Only 7 pieces, but the cone shapes and proportions are virtually spot on.  Printing would make these amazing.  Now I just need to make the rest of the rockets to go with them... :laugh:

Edited by NathanR

21 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Received word that my "30-day backorder" is now shipped and arriving Tuesday :grin:.  

I noticed that on the day of release on the Lego site. I figured I would just wait until the excitement dropped down a bit and then order one. I stopped in at my "local" Lego store today and they had at least five on the shelf so I picked it up there. I'm sure Lego saw the demand for this thing coming so I find it hard to believe that they are that behind in production.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:35 PM, JGW3000 said:

I ordered mine on June 1st when it said "Ships by June 17th", and my order status is "Waiting for New Stock".  A friend ordered his several hours afterwards (in another part of the USA), and his shipped on June 2nd.  I paid with PayPal, so I wonder if that is what's holding up mine?  Or are there multiple warehouse/shipping points in the USA, and mine was sold out but his wasn't?

17 minutes ago, petero said:

I ordered mine on June 1st when it said "Ships by June 17th", and my order status is "Waiting for New Stock".  A friend ordered his several hours afterwards (in another part of the USA), and his shipped on June 2nd.  I paid with PayPal, so I wonder if that is what's holding up mine?  Or are there multiple warehouse/shipping points in the USA, and mine was sold out but his wasn't?

Weird, I ordered mine June 3rd my status is backordered. Hope I'm lucky to get it send sometime this week.

Is there any sort of confirmation on the availability of this set? John Lewis has it up (although out of stock) in the U.K., if this set is limited it would be very unusual for them to stock it, I assume it's exclusive to them and Lego shops in the UK

I dont know about the UK but here in Australia several chain retailers (MYER and Toyworld) have confirmed they will be getting stock at some point in the near future, as have a few independent retailers.

In the US at least Target and Walmart are stocking the set.

I dont see any suggestion that its a limited release or exclusive to any one retailer here in Oz or in the USA so why would it be different in the UK. I suspect any retailer that normally stocks Ideas sets will stock this one (especially given how popular it is)

I am happy that I made the effort to head out to Dreamworld last Thursday and pick mine up, much better than ordering online and having to wait for it to arrive (even more so if its backordered or delayed)

Got mine today...I've already built it...it's nothing short of amazing...it will be on display at Joué Club Chauray (79, France) very soon...this toy store will also have 2 of them in stock on june 9th and will be priced at €115...needless to say I've already reserved on of them :D

Edited by charlesw

Well, I just purchased one! Should arrive in a few days. Don't have the time for building it yet though.  But at the end of this month I have a week of vacation, can't wait!  

35 minutes ago, Daniel Jackson said:

Well, I just purchased one! Should arrive in a few days. Don't have the time for building it yet though.  But at the end of this month I have a week of vacation, can't wait!  

Where did you purchase one? That you will get it in a few days 0.o as far as I know the Lego store shows backorder

I signed up on this forum just because of this thread. Can I ask the parts list for the Skylab mod? While I'm a huge fan of Lego, I actually know very little...

6 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Anyone done a Skylab 1 Mod yet?

It's very simple!

34343203753_4627520be8_o.png

34766668860_372b1bf8db_o.png

Please do design the rest of the rockets, I'd love to make these!

On 04/06/2017 at 10:10 PM, NathanR said:

Ok, I know this is off-topic so please forgive me, but after seeing your picture I started playing with LDD and this is what I came up with...

Microscale%20Spacecraft_zpsvbygsjmb.png

Only 7 pieces, but the cone shapes and proportions are virtually spot on.  Printing would make these amazing.  Now I just need to make the rest of the rockets to go with them... :laugh:

Really excited, mine finally arrived today!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 hour ago, danial said:

Please do design the rest of the rockets, I'd love to make these!

They're in progress and absolute hell... Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan work out at 3-stud wide cylinders, and you can't quite do that with Lego.  But I'm trying.  The Mercury-Redstone, used to put the first American in space, was quite easy to make though the scale means there are very few details - you can see it on mecabricks. I'll start a separate thread when I have a few more designed and some decent 3D renders.

I don't know if it is okay when i post it here, but i think it isn't necessary to create a new topic for this:

I have created a Custom UCS Sticker for the Saturn V and maybe someone of you have use for it too.

248-5d0ea883.jpg

I dont know if it the correct size already, because i havn't a 8x12 plate in stock. So, maybe it must be resized. But, if anyone will use it, you can give feedback maybe?

Beste regards

Edited by Sleeper
spelling mistakes

I picked mine up on Thursday the 1st at the LEGO Store at the Sugarloaf Mills Mall in Lawrenceville, just outside Atlanta. The Store had sold through most of its allotment by the time I arrived in early afternoon; it's a good thing I didn't wait any longer. Multiple other shoppers came in and asked for the set while I was talking with the store staff.

I put it together on Sunday the 4th. It's amazing how quickly it went together considering the size, but it was a very rewarding build, and the finished set is beautiful. Everyone associated with the creation of this set, both the two Ideas users and LEGO's internal team members, should be very proud. They really knocked it out of the park with this one.

8 minutes ago, Sleeper said:

I don't know if it is okay when i post it here, but i think it isn't necessary to create a new topic for this:

I have created a Custom UCS Sticker for the Saturn V and maybe someone of you have use for it too.

245-860a50e8.jpg-

I dont know if it the correct size already, because i havn't a 8x12 plate in stock. So, maybe it must be resized. But, if anyone will use it, you can give feedback maybe?

Beste regards

looks great.  Are you able to correct spelling mistakes in the file?  "Programm" should have one m.  "LOE" should be "LEO"

I am assuming the specification and other information is correct.

10 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

looks great.  Are you able to correct spelling mistakes in the file?  "Programm" should have one m.  "LOE" should be "LEO"

I am assuming the specification and other information is correct.

Thanks for the hint.:classic: I have corrected them in the file.

23 hours ago, larsy said:

Where did you purchase one? That you will get it in a few days 0.o as far as I know the Lego store shows backorder

From a local auction site. A consumer-to-consumer type thing.

The Lego store indeed showed mid-end July shipping dates

4 hours ago, NathanR said:

Really excited, mine finally arrived today!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

They're in progress and absolute hell... Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan work out at 3-stud wide cylinders, and you can't quite do that with Lego.  But I'm trying.  The Mercury-Redstone, used to put the first American in space, was quite easy to make though the scale means there are very few details - you can see it on mecabricks. I'll start a separate thread when I have a few more designed and some decent 3D renders.

Excellent! I was about to brick link those parts for the Mercury, but I'll wait until you've finalised the designs. I think what you've got already looks pretty much there though.

Mine finally arrived yesterday after ordering it online. Man I'm sure glad I checked in early in the online store considering they started taking orders a day earlier than announced. Great build, easily my favourite non Technic Lego set as an AFOL. Don't think it replaces the happiness I felt as a kid when I found 6285 under the tree Christmas 1990.

I got mine on Wednesday (delivered about 4 weeks early), but by the time I arrived home the next day, it was already built by my kids - they skipped lunch and built it straight for 5 hours non-stop.  The final product looks great, but I am going to take it apart so I can build it myself.