Promobricks.de has published the short unboxing movie on their FB fanpage. Printed pieces!!! :wub:

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

I just finished the 1st stage and it's really great :wub:

Any chance you could share a picture or two?

I like the rainbow inside. It makes assembly so much easier and more enjoyable. I tend to sip whisky as I build, and a million white bricks would end in tears...

14 hours ago, thorin said:

I like the rainbow inside. It makes assembly so much easier and more enjoyable. I tend to sip whisky as I build, and a million white bricks would end in tears...

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who combines the past time of drinking whisky and building Lego. :classic:

I just read the review on Brickset, and it almost convinced me to buy this set. :laugh:

Seriously, it looks very good. If I don't end up getting it, I am for sure going to look up the instructions and try to piece together the internals from my collection, so I can learn new techniques at least.

Did it today with LDD; I have 1951 bricks, may be missed 14 somewhere....

Thanks to reviewers with their great photos !

apollo-11.jpg

i didn't arrive to plug 4 white slopes at the top of th first module. Not found the part for the 4 turbines...

Edited by Toitoine

On 5/12/2017 at 9:45 AM, blackknightrises said:

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who combines the past time of drinking whisky and building Lego. :classic:

I did that once while building the VW T1 set. I'll never do it again. I can't remember half of the build :) 

It's a lovely set. Crazy looking internal construction though... didn't know I wanted it until I started to see the reviews! Now, I have surpassed want and am firmly into 'need' territory, gonna have to wait until a sale or deal though!

I was reading a thread on Brickset about some people hoping for an early VIP release.  Apparently, someone was told by a Lego Store employee that they typically do one production run on Ideas sets, and consequently, a higher demand would only mean they sell out faster.  Disclaimer:  I am not saying that they will repeat this with Saturn V, but I really would not assume they will be restocked either if they go out of stock within minutes as we have seen with many sets in recent times.  Although the set is above $100, that does not necessarily mean demand is going to be low.  In fact, this is just the kind of set that will attract non-Lego fans as well due to the subject nature.  Preliminary talk suggests that this is something a whole lot of people want.

This is a case where I really, really wish Lego would consider allowing a pre-order option for its VIP members.  It would allow peace of mind for those of us who know we want one, and it could also give Lego some important data on how strong demand is.  I have a feeling that June 1 is going to be something of a mini-Black Friday both online and at the stores.  There are other sets being released that day, which will compound the rush.  I would bet that this is going to transition from "add to cart" to "backorders accepted" to "out of stock" in a very rapid sequence.  The only unknown variable is: did they do one production run, or will they do another when they see the demand for this?  Anyway, if you are like me, the only two options are:  order when it hits midnight June 1 in your country of origin, or get to the Lego store about an hour before opening.  There will be "x" number of sets available, and you surely do not want to be the (x+1)th or higher person.  Welcome to the Hunger Games, Lego style :wink:

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

When the LDD is done, could someone post it here? Thanks.

This is as far as I go for now until the instructions are available online:

34632948916_07aed61442_o.png

1 hour ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I was reading a thread on Brickset about some people hoping for an early VIP release.  Apparently, someone was told by a Lego Store employee that they typically do one production run on Ideas sets, and consequently, a higher demand would only mean they sell out faster.  Disclaimer:  I am not saying that they will repeat this with Saturn V, but I really would not assume they will be restocked either if they go out of stock within minutes as we have seen with many sets in recent times.  Although the set is above $100, that does not necessarily mean demand is going to be low.  In fact, this is just the kind of set that will attract non-Lego fans as well due to the subject nature.  Preliminary talk suggests that this is something a whole lot of people want.

This is a case where I really, really wish Lego would consider allowing a pre-order option for its VIP members.  It would allow peace of mind for those of us who know we want one, and it could also give Lego some important data on how strong demand is.  I have a feeling that June 1 is going to be something of a mini-Black Friday both online and at the stores.  There are other sets being released that day, which will compound the rush.  I would bet that this is going to transition from "add to cart" to "backorders accepted" to "out of stock" in a very rapid sequence.  The only unknown variable is: did they do one production run, or will they do another when they see the demand for this?  Anyway, if you are like me, the only two options are:  order when it hits midnight June 1 in your country of origin, or get to the Lego store about an hour before opening.  There will be "x" number of sets available, and you surely do not want to be the (x+1)th or higher person.  Welcome to the Hunger Games, Lego style :wink:

I don't think so. A Lego Store employee usually don't know an awful lot about these things. Maybe a few years ago, this might be the case, but I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, popular sets like Ecto-1, Dr. Who, Wall-E etc, got several production runs.

In fact Ecto-1 was in stock for 2,5 years. So I don't think there's any reason to panic-buy this 1st June, unless you really have to get it ASAP. It might go temporarily on back-order, but I for one will wait a while before purchasing this and try to get a decent deal for it.

Got a report from another forum that apparently someone in a local LUG here in QLD had found the Saturn V at the Dreamworld LEGO store (there are supposedly photos of this sighting on Facebook but since I dont use Facebook, I haven't verified that claim). The report I saw on the other forum said "Sold out, but apparently more stock in the next few days." (the report was posted was mid-morning on Saturday QLD time).

And now we have someone over on reddit posting this from a LEGO store in Bilund showing its available there too.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

And now we have someone over on reddit posting this from a LEGO store in Bilund showing its available there too.

This is torture.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, 22kane said:

I did that once while building the VW T1 set. I'll never do it again. I can't remember half of the build :) 

3 hours in... I'll be humming the theme song from The Right Stuff and performing a splashdown with the command module in my whisky glass...

Went to the Dreamworld store today, no sign of any Saturn V or anywhere where the Saturn V could have been (shelf space, shelf tickets, whatever) and the staff didn't have any knowledge of having any previous stock or any date for future stock before the first of June.