Saberwing40k

Removing stickers for later use?

Okay, so I've got an uncommon Racers set with stickers on the parts. However, I want to use the parts, Technic panels, in creations, and I don't like the stickers. Is it in any way possible to remove stickers and store them in such a way that they could be reused? Or am I foolish for trying, and better off just getting a new sticker sheet if/when I decide to sell the set?

if it's very uncommon (and out of production), you might be better off getting new panels rather than another set of stickers.

I figure that since I have a hell of a time getting stickers off panels in one piece simply because I don't want them (eg they came on BL parts orders), that your chance of successfully removing an entire set worth, in good condition (without curling up on a non-stick sheet for storage) would be vanishingly small.

even soaking the panels in warm soapy water for days doesn't necessarily encourage them to come off nicely, especially if you cleaned the surface before applying the sticker.

I just peel them off carefully and stick them on to the non-stick backing sheets of printable labels. I may use an X-Acto to help lift up a corner if fingernail doesn't work. Some LEGO stickers that hardened and cracked won't be able to peel off easily without destroying them like on the Technic 8258 truck crane. I put the non-stick sheets with the stickers in a file folder to keep flat.

stickers_zpszmx3dvqa.jpg