xwingyoda

Truck & Forklift (7733) review

index2.jpg

Guys, gals and city lovers,

Finally TRU Paris received a new set and off course I needed my new set fix hehe. It was the only new set of every theme and I paid 24.99� for that magnificent baby.

I�ll start with the classic pics of the box art and manuals. There are 2 books and that DSS is freaking huge !!

img_5249.jpg

img_5250.jpg

img_5253.jpg

img_5254.jpg

img_5257.jpg

1) OK lets start the review of the Forklift and its �extras�

The Mf is really classic (nothing to add there !!)

img_5258.jpg

The extras are really sweet actually: here are pics of that new box part. And pics of that new part put in good use (note that I did not use the stickers on those boxes) !! And finally the other crate extra.

img_5259.jpg

img_5260.jpg

img_5261.jpg

img_5262.jpg

img_5263.jpg

The forklift is really sweet and has a great design !! I shall start by showing you the front part on its own: as you can see its simply attached and there is a spring youcan push down to lower the crates.

img_5264.jpg

img_5265.jpg

img_5266.jpg

img_5267.jpg

img_5268.jpg

img_5269.jpg

img_5270.jpg

img_5272.jpg

2) Now lets focus on the truck itself

The trucker is just an average bloke that doesn�t really looks like the rough trucker that speed through the grand old 66. Bu oh well, at lest he has the coffee cup for his needs (if he puts coffee in there though)

img_5273.jpg

Before I talk about the truck, I want to emphasise the top part of it: I never had one like that and it looks pretty sweet.

img_5274.jpg

img_5275.jpg

Now the truck itself is amazing because it�s a 6-wide which is perfect for a truck. I am so annoyed with those oversized sets. As you can see it�s a flatbed where a container can be placed on top of it.

img_5276.jpg

img_5277.jpg

img_5278.jpg

img_5279.jpg

img_5280.jpg

img_5281.jpg

img_5282.jpg

The container is cool off course but is pretty simple and strait forward. The �extra� is not that fantastic compared to the ones with the forklift. Now here are pics of the loaded truck.

img_5283.jpg

img_5284.jpg

img_5286.jpg

img_5287.jpg

img_5288.jpg

3) Here are pics of the trailer

I�ll start with that other new part which I find really cool: that 4x4 disc in black. Pother than that its just a trailer on wheels which fits perfectly that set.

img_5289.jpg

img_5290.jpg

img_5291.jpg

img_5292.jpg

img_5294.jpg

4) Finally here are general pics of the truck and set

img_5295.jpg

img_5296.jpg

img_5298.jpg

In conclusion, that is a must have set for every city lovers and fans out there !!

I hope you enjoyed that review of this great set. Like always, do not hesitate to ask for more pics and to comment on that set.

Cheers and remember� Cargo ON !!

*yoda*

Thanks for another great review, Yoda!

The new roof piece on the truck, doesnt seem as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the awesome review. Great pictures.

I'm considering to buy this one for in my city, but I'm not sure of it.

Cool! I need to add this to my list! I didnt realize it ws that cheap! X-O

Dp8

What the heck, I'm going to buy this for sure! 25 EURO! Just because youre pictures of that forklift have confinced me.

Thanks for a great review Yoda! *wub* I love this set and it even includes a 2 different printed pieces! That has to be the most realistic looking mini-fig forklift Lego has ever done. I am very happy that the truck is a flatbed; I suspected it was. *sweet* I'll have to test how well this box type will integrate with the ship!

I have one question; how are the front wheels conected? By a tan 3 long pin?

I agree with you that this forklift is just superb and doesn't suffer any flaws IMO ;-)

I love this set and it even includes a 2 different printed pieces!

What 2 printed pieces ?

Unfortunatly the only printed tile is that 1x1 red gauge pattern

I have one question; how are the front wheels conected? By a tan 3 long pin?

Off the forklift you mean ;-) Yes its exacly like that *y*

*yoda*

Thanks for the great review Yoda! I'm really digging that first minifig *wub*

It looks like a nice set overall.

Nice to see you got the new set. Am I right the containers can only open at one side?

Yes sir !!

Don't put too much pressure on those when you open them though :-P

And I forgot top say something about that darn DSS, its way too big and putting stickers is something I truly despise !! Thats why I haven't used all of the DSS ;-)

*yoda*

What 2 printed pieces ?

Oh, I thought the round grill piece was printed. :'-(

img_5282.jpg

Off the forklift you mean ;-) Yes its exacly like that *y*

Cool! I didn't know that tan pieces like that even existed... Thanks. *sweet*

Oh, I thought the round grill piece was printed. :'-(

It is !! My bad there Sinner, I totally forgot about that one :-$ So you are indeed correct: there are 2 printed parts !! I do stand corrected.

Cool! I didn't know that tan pieces like that even existed... Thanks. *sweet*

I know I have seen it somewehre but I can't remember |-/ Its always better than blue I say X-D

*yoda*

It is !!

Yay! *wub* I had an unfair advantage because I knew they were in circulation as I got one of those with my Holiday Train. *sweet*

I know I have seen it somewehre but I can't remember |-/ Its always better than blue I say X-D

*yoda*

Indeed. :-/ I wish Lego would pick another colour; same story for the red 2 long axels. Somthing that blends in better. Dark red or green perhaps?

Thank you for the pictures (thumbs up)

Is the 2x2 tile on the third package printed?

Thanks for the review, Yoda! It's always great to have your insights on sets like this.

A couple of my thoughts:

1. The forklift in my opinion, is the best part of the set. The building techniques used are superb! *y*

2. The little extras that are included are a nice touch, although I don't know what the green/yellow things are supposed to represent (perhaps, you can shed some insight)...

3. The trends seems to be downsizing the trucks for 2008. (Good, but...) the fronts of the trucks have a different design. (However, this seems to mean that the use of those beloved 1x1 slopes for headlights are declining, being substituted for 1x1 plates ... :-/ ) I still have mixed opinions about these new front designs.

4. The design of the truck is a bit lacking in my opinion. The design is too simplistic for my taste, but nevertheless, overall a very good set.

Personally, I am still undecided in whether to buy this set or not, as the price is good (but not great), and the mediocre design of truck detracts from the set's value.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the review yoda! Its on the USA S@H. I am SO buying it.

*yoda*

Dwarve mine.

i just have one question, is the wedge piece beside the driver of the forklift new? ive never seen it before

Now that you do mention it, its a good question !! I don't recall either some 4x1 slopes 8-|

Is the 2x2 tile on the third package printed?

Unfortunatly not, its yet another crappy/dreaded sticker >:-(

2. The little extras that are included are a nice touch, although I don't know what the green/yellow things are supposed to represent (perhaps, you can shed some insight)...

Not at all X-D Maybe some sort of Biohazard material judging by that colour pattern :-D

Dwarve mine.

Ah tks, I knew I had some somewhere !!

*yoda*

Aha, I knew I had to get this set when we saw the first pictures. Cheers for the review Yoda!

About the design on the front of the trucks - I'm have mixed feelings. I absolutely love it on this set, but for some reason it looks crap on the front of the Police Truck. Doesn't matter to me though, I had no desire to get the Police Truck.

I gotta agree, the truck is really nice, but the best part of the set is the forklift. It looks awesome!

Now that you do mention it, its a good question !! I don't recall either some 4x1 slopes 8-|

*yoda*

thanks again *yoda*

and are they flat or curved?

thanks again (again :-P )

Another excellent review Yoda! I must say your photography is excellent, it really helps me pick out the details of each set *y*

I love this one, but unfortunately I probably won't buy it, my eyes are on the castle line this year.

Thanks again for this great review!

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Thanks *yoda* ! I definitely have to get this set now! I love the forklift, it is fantastic! Am I tight in thinking that their are no studs on the inside of the cargo container? It looks like the cargo will be able to slide around... 8-|

Other than that, fantastic set! *y*

Thanks *yoda* ! I definitely have to get this set now! I love the forklift, it is fantastic! Am I tight in thinking that their are no studs on the inside of the cargo container? It looks like the cargo will be able to slide around... 8-|

You're right, the base for the containers is this piece: 6178.gif, so the pallets will be able to slide around. On the other hand, I think it adds play value since it will be easier to use the forklift to take the cargo out of the containers when it's not stuck to the floor :-) And though I feel like it's been said a hundred times already, the forklift is pure beauty, I almost suspect that more time was spent on designing the forklift than on the rest of the set :-P