Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Day 1

Dang it's quiet around here. And headed into the weekend, dunno if it'll pick up much.

So let's get some talk going on since that's the only way to find the ultimatios.

As a serious topic, should we go for a no-lynch today? Odds are high of getting non lynch days in this sinec we need a 2/3 majority. With only 11 of us, we don't have a ton of wiggle room. That's like starting a bigger game on day 3 or 4 but without any history to base decisions on. We need time here and don't have the people to sacrifice.

Next, we need to set up a complicated code system to ensure that only trusted people know what's going on. Oh wait, wrong game. Although, since we can only PM in our own families, you never know...

As history will show, I've long been a vocal supporter of having a first day lynch but I've started to waiver on that the last few games. Here's my primary concern with a say 1 lynch in this game: we can be fairly certain that there will be a kill tonight by the scum, excluding weird mechanics. Here's a scary scenario, we have a bad lynch and the scum kill tonight. If there's 3 scum then they'll already control 1/3rd of the vote meaning the remaining players would have to be unanimous in their lynch vote to stop the scum!

In a such a small game, there's a much greater chance we could accidently end up killing a PR role, which happened in another life of mine.

I believe a no-lynch day 1 is best for larger games... of life, with more... Disposable townies, but in these smaller ones it usually ends up doing more harm than good.

Well it kind of depends on who you vote for, I mean (as an example) if you lynch a vengeful, who in turn would kill another player, plus you factor in vig and scum kills overnight you've potentially killed up to 4 players, and whilst there is a possibility you've got a scum, you may have lost 1 or 2 crucial town roles as well.

Yes, I would like to put down my support for a no-lynch. All we can do is wait for day two if we don't lynch, however.

I have read stories of people similar to me who have said no lynch on first day. Right now, it seems we are reaching agreement of wait. Detente, I think the Americans call it.

Vengeful Townies kill someone when they are lynched.

I know full well what a vengeful townie does, it was a reference to a previous life in which I cast the hammer vote on Tariq and he venge-killed me. Unfortunately we both had Town PR's. :sceptic:

I'm confused which normally does more harm in smaller games such as these? A lynch or no lynch? Attorney General of the United States Loretta Lynch?

Personally I made the same editing mistake in the previous mafia game on my first post, so i'm hesitant to ever vote for someone because of such a harmless mistake.

The biggest drawback to a no-lynch is that people get too quiet and we don't learn anything. So I propose we DO actually vote once it's opened and act like we're going to lynch someone, but not demand that people shift votes and stuff to guarantee a lynch. Otherwise, we will accomplish nothing other than letting the scum get a free kill tonight.

Personally I made the same editing mistake in the previous mafia game on my first post, so i'm hesitant to ever vote for someone because of such a harmless mistake.

If I recall correctly (and I do, I hosted, I still have all the spreadsheets) you were scum in that game. :wink:

But the scum get a kill regardless, and the odds are that we will lynch a town, making us lose two townies.

If I recall correctly (and I do, I hosted, I still have all the spreadsheets) you were scum in that game. :wink:

Haha indeed I was but the typo had less to do with that and more my need to fix typos :grin: However while i'm not a statistician there must have been a fairly high chance that I was not scum either.

We shall see what happens. I have not played enough games to know which is best so I will perhaps wait to decide whether to push for a lynch or no lynch.

I think it's too early to decide that we shouldn't have a lynch today. We need to have some more discussion!

In fact, I have found Casto's actions to be suspicious.

Yeah, slugs have totally disguised themselves as the Mafia to kill us from the inside out. Best guess ever.

:blush: Oops, I guess I edited this post. Got to catch myself quicker next time.

Here's his second post, where he makes a rookie mistake of editing his post. No big deal, right?

Funny how fixing a typo can do this to you. At least we'll know that whoever tries to make a ridiculous accusation and vote against me to get an easy lynch is probably scum.

After Adone calls him out for making the rookie mistake. Casto responds with this highly defensive post. Apparently, anyone who accuses or votes for him has to be scum... even though no one had suggested voting for him.

Adone and I called Casto out for this comment, but he never responded.

Yes, I would like to put down my support for a no-lynch. All we can do is wait for day two if we don't lynch, however.

Instead, he waited until some others were kicking around the idea of a no lynch and then agreed with it. He didn't provide any reasoning for his support, and in fact said that if we don't lynch today we'll just have to sit around and wait for tomorrow to do something. Seems pretty wishy washy to me, and I don't think sitting around will further our cause.

Vengeful Townies kill someone when they are lynched.

Here Casto provides us with a definition, not that anyone asked.

But the scum get a kill regardless, and the odds are that we will lynch a town, making us lose two townies.

Thank you for stating the obvious. I guess this might be his reasoning for supporting a no lynch.

I count 6 posts that Casto has made (I didn't quote the first), and out of his 6 posts I don't think he's contributed anything to the discussion. To me it looks like he's just trying to appear active.

What say you Casto?

Simply put, I didn't intend for the second one to be defensive, although I can see how it may be taken that way. I'll admit my posts really haven't contributed much, but is there really anything to contribute at this time?

Greetings Comrades!

(Damn that drive was long today)

The biggest drawback to a no-lynch is that people get too quiet and we don't learn anything. So I propose we DO actually vote once it's opened and act like we're going to lynch someone, but not demand that people shift votes and stuff to guarantee a lynch. Otherwise, we will accomplish nothing other than letting the scum get a free kill tonight.

This is definitely a sensible course of action, because without anyone even bothering to try and lynch, we have no voting pattern to analyze.

Simply put, I didn't intend for the second one to be defensive, although I can see how it may be taken that way. I'll admit my posts really haven't contributed much, but is there really anything to contribute at this time?

If you didn't intend your comment to be defensive, what were you intending it to be? No one had even suggested voting for you.

If you didn't intend your comment to be defensive, what were you intending it to be? No one had even suggested voting for you.

I had just merely suggested that whoever takes the easy path and lynches me is probably scum, since my penalty makes me easier for the scum to polish off a townie. Not saying that anyone had, but that someone probably will.

I had just merely suggested that whoever takes the easy path and lynches me is probably scum, since my penalty makes me easier for the scum to polish off a townie. Not saying that anyone had, but that someone probably will.

Except that is what everyone expects the scum to do, vote for the easy lynch, so chances are the people if any who do vote for you are not scum. I don't but many people analyze voting patterns here and whoever votes for you will stick out, whether they are innocent or not.

That sounds pretty wishy washy. Sort of like when you supported a no lynch today, even though you then said it would likely result in us not doing anything until tomorrow.

Realistically, we're not going to get any concrete evidence today, but I think your comments are enough for me to:

Vote: Casto Inzerillo (Rider Raider)

Not doing anything is much better than losing two of our own. The night will likely give us clues tomorrow, at the cost of only one. And as for your accusations, you accuse me of not posting anything worthwhile, but you don't accuse the many others? It seems like you're trying to pick off the one with the penalty, as I predicted. Now, I will do as I said I would in my so-called "defense", even though this really seems like revenge voting, and

Vote: Nishimura Yamaguchi (MacK)

Voting is open right? I've gotten the impression from MacK that it is.

Hello, Mafia-ers! John McClane here, hoping he spelled his last name correctly.

I was...away, so I could not make the announcement for voting - but yes! It is open!

With 11 players, you will need a vote of 7.3333333, or, 8 votes, because in Mafia, we round up!

Current Votes:

4 Votes for John McClane (JackJonespaw) - For Editing Posts, the idiot

4 Votes for Casto Inzerillo (Rider Raider) - For the Same Fate

If you don't want to lynch anyone of significance, you could always vote off me! Ha! Not that you would...please....

If we lynch John McClane, perhaps an attractive young woman will take his place as our host.

In these hopes,

Vote: John McClane (JackJonesPaw)

Not doing anything is much better than losing two of our own. The night will likely give us clues tomorrow, at the cost of only one. And as for your accusations, you accuse me of not posting anything worthwhile, but you don't accuse the many others? It seems like you're trying to pick off the one with the penalty, as I predicted. Now, I will do as I said I would in my so-called "defense", even though this really seems like revenge voting, and

Vote: Nishimura Yamaguchi (MacK)

Voting is open right? I've gotten the impression from MacK that it is.

Revenge voting does look very scummy. Especially since there's no solid base for the vote and it's just a "you voted for me so I'll vote for you"

Don't get me wrong, what you've said is true (much better to not lynch than risk losing townies) but voting back does look scummy.

Don't get me wrong, what you've said is true (much better to not lynch than risk losing townies) but voting back does look scummy.

I've made many posts and have a penalty, making me an easy target because I have words which he turned against me as well as the votes. Very easy lynch target here, and all Nishimura needed to do was make me look scummy to pick off a town.

I've made many posts and have a penalty, making me an easy target because I have words which he turned against me as well as the votes. Very easy lynch target here, and all Nishimura needed to do was make me look scummy to pick off a town.

True, but as Alarico pointed out earlier it would be unwise to do so. You're right, you are an easy lynch, but then if scum vote for you and you flip town the next day, people are going to start looking into the voting patterns and the scum would get caught out. So theoretically, the scum wouldn't want to vote for you because they know it won't help them in the long run.