Sign in to follow this  
naugem

[Anthology] - Small - The Pincer in Kaldahan

The Pincer in Kaldahan

26795739674_65b522749e_c.jpg

Wary of the conflict to come, Princess Leia and the Resistance have established some outposts throughout the galaxy, to serve as bases and possible refuges in case of need. One such outpost is in the planet Kaldahan, whose absence of a sentient species makes it a good place for hiding. While searching for a viable location the Resistance came upon an abandoned mercenary hideout and, mindful of their limited resources, decided to set up shop there, even leaving the existing banners to help camouflage the base from any prying eyes.

27403874565_4e7d767d87_c.jpg

Princess Leia, remembering her days in Hoth, decided to import some Tauntauns to use as a transportation means in the snowy forests of the planet.

26796944163_9908476dba_c.jpg

In the scene, Admiral Ackbar watches as Poe Dameron prepares to test the new starfighter prototype, nicknamed the Pincer for its peculiar shape. The ship carries a 3-disruptor array in each of its prongs, whose purpose is to open a small hole in deflector shields long enough for the ship to pass through.

26795740084_fe3cd4af98_c.jpg

View from the back

26795740934_1db3f2524a_z.jpg

Communications equipment

26795740824_3fcb4ed379_z.jpg

Base interior (it has illumination, though it's very dim)

27332623791_3d1c03b0aa_z.jpg

View from above, where Poe Dameron comes to grips with the completely enclosed Pincer cockpit. It was designed that way to better protect the pilot from the disruption charges of the ship.

26795740464_dc9e113426_c.jpg

This event happened shortly before the events in TFA, where the Pincer would have been very useful, had it been fully operational and tested at the time.

Base size: 24x40. There is some slight overhang from the trees and radar, but the ship itself fits within the base, even slightly unaligned as shown.

Note: According to Wookiepedia, Kaldahan is a planet that appeared in a French Star Wars RPG, and it's supposed to have icy forests and be uninhabited other than by wild beasts.

Edited by naugem

Love the color scheme overall here. Also thought the custom ship turned out very well (a little reminiscent of Zam Wessel's speeder) :thumbup:

wow, those purples really pop. and great detailing on the turret and dish

Yes, I thought purple trees would make sense in an icy world, but they do stand out :classic:

Love the color scheme overall here. Also thought the custom ship turned out very well (a little reminiscent of Zam Wessel's speeder) :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments. I hadn't thought of Zam Wessel's speeder at all, I guess my brain tends to block most Prequel-related stuff, but you're right, it does look a little similar. I guess that's mostly because of the antennas, which for me were a last-minute addition, as I hadn't planned on having those on the ship. With the prongs I thought it looked kinda Vic Viper-ish, but missing the wings and fin.