Sign in to follow this  
drdesignz

Lego Model of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden

Our LUG created a model of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden located in Richmond, Virginia, USA. It is currently on display in their library. It is 96 studs wide (two large baseplates) by 144 studs long (three large baseplates). The estimated number of pieces is 15,000. Here are some pictures. If you're interested in the process of its creation, we have more information here. Hope you enjoy!

LG06sm.jpg

LG07sm.jpg

LG10sm.jpg

LG11sm.jpg

LG12sm.jpg

LG13sm.jpg

LG01sm.jpg

Stunning creation! The gardens and sloping terrain look fantastic :thumbup: Wonderful recreation of the greenhouses too :classic:

I saw this at the opening on Friday! It's funny... one member of my group saw that building on the way in and said "Well, there's something you couldn't build out of Lego if you tried." I knew that was a little pessimistic, having seen many creative builders take on similar large glass structures, but I had no idea that not one but two groups would be presenting their take on that very building at the event! By the way, of the two, yours was definitely my favorite!

What a beautiful work... I really like the layering of the ground... And the folliage around the Garden is so sweet... :wub:

Thanks much. I built the garden. I normally build vehicles with Lego and real buildings at work, so it was quite different from what I'm used to.

The other Conservatory was built by HARDLUG and was great. Incorporated into their layout:

lug07sm.jpg

This is gorgeous and should be frontpaged imo.

Lovely details also the grass terrain is looking beutiful.

I love it ! :classic: