Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Confirmation & Discussion

26550567014_d3023d0612_c.jpg

“Stabbed!” Amelto Inzerillo shouted, rushing into the main hall. “The boss’ have been stabbed!” (Okay, first of all, I know that Amelto is Italian. I get it, he should be speaking in his native language, right? Sure, but I’m assuming that a majority of readers speak English a lot better than they speak Italian. Or Spanish/Russian/Japanese. So it’s just for convenience. I’m not going for realism here.) Everyone jumped to their feet (except Hori Yamaguchi, who had to call his Silent Samauri over to pick him up, which didn’t quite have the same effect of “what?! stabbed?!”). Godalupe Leyva, Nishimura Yamaguchi, Frank Johnson, and Yakovlev Ivankov were the first to reach Amelto and begin to question him. Amelto held up his hands and attempted to explain. “They were having a meeting in the conference room. I was wondering if they wanted some water or some beverage, so I walked in, and they’re all stabbed! All of them!”

27088089591_fbf35a91d0_c.jpg

Nishimura Yamaguchi cleared his throat and looked at Amelto. “It is well known that you enjoy the company of that knife,” (the knife that, at the very moment, was in Amelto’s hand. Almost like the photographer forgot to remove it) “It would make sense that you would stab them.” Amelto chuckled. “Do you really think I killed them?” He pointed over the crowd. “Mike Johnson, Sr. had gone in there before me. Maybe he killed them!” Mike looked up from the floor he was examining and mumbled something about America, causing his fellow Hell’s Angels members shouted in agreement.

27156516595_93de33619e_c.jpg

Godalupe Leyva pressed a button on his mask to make his voice sound scarier and said in a very Kylo Ren-ish way, “What if they were killed by...the Ultimatio?” It was at this point that Casto Inzerillo, always the skeptic, snorted loudly, interrupting the quiet tone of suspicion.

27061371302_05a669ccc4_c.jpg

Frank Johnson spoke up next - “What’s the Ultimatio?” Amelto shot a glance at Godalupe and explained. “They’re more of a theory than anything else - an “Ultimate Mafia”, that surpasses all of the previously instated Mafias that we belong to. Their members act in ultimate secrecy, killing or blocking or tracking or rolecopping - all that stuff. They’re bad news, basically.”

27061369122_3832ed02dc_c.jpg

Yakovlev Ivankov nodded in agreement. “It looks like they had a hand in this - the five largest and most malicious Mafia groups in one place? It’s like Christmas. But a Die Hard kind of Christmas.” Everyone nodded in agreement, despite this story being set in the late 1960s, and Die Hard having come out in 1988.

27061367352_dfc64bd39a_c.jpg

At that moment, someone walked in. He looked like a bellhop or something, and as soon as he saw the crowded room full of Mafia gangsters, he began to sweat. Nishimura Yamaguchi frowned at this intruder and motioned to the others in the room. “Board up the doors. No one leaves.” The bellhop swallowed and spoke up meekly - “Can I leave?”

27061365622_6470c04573_c.jpg

The five new leaders of their respective Mafias crowded the man. “What’s your name, little man?” Amelto Inzerillo asked. “J-John McClane,” John McClane, the bellhop guy, said. Yakovlev chuckled, having just referenced Die Hard. “You want to leave, John McClane?” Godalupe Leyva said, having changed his voice into something similar to Optimus Prime. “No, I’ve thought of a better use for you…”

26882196790_e1fa6d2baa_c.jpg

Rules. For the Players. Not for the Host. The Host has no rules to follow.

1. Everyone gets their very own character! Hooray! Either they’re part of the MAFIA, or they’re part of the more red ULTIMATIO. There is no third party neutral, nor will there be any references to the existence of one.

2. Every day, you have the option to vote for someone. You do not have to vote, that is also an option. Do it like Vote: Character (Player). If you want to unvote, do the same thing, but say Unvote:. A two-thirds majority (which I will calculate for you) is required for a lynch.

3. Every “day” is 72 hours long. That’s 3 days. Plenty of time. You can’t vote for the first 24 hours, but as soon as the 25th hour begins, you can. After that, you get a night stage, which, hopefully, will last for a majority of 48 hours. At the beginning of each day (except Day 1, obviously), the alignment of those who died or were lynched will be revealed.

4. You must post twice at least every day. I do this to encourage activity, since inactivity has been pretty prevalent in games thus far. If you do not post at least twice, you get 4 votes against you at the beginning of the next day.

5. Don’t quote any PM’s. You can lie about them, but only if you just paraphrase it. Lying is encouraged, as it sows the seed of distrust!

6. Keep the game in the game, or in your PM’s. If some guy steps to you in game, don’t take it out on him in some thread about the new Star Wars set. We’re all people here.

7. If you die, you can’t post anymore. You’re dead. Keep it that way. Same thing with PM’s. Dead people can’t send messages.

8. If you edit a post, I will decapitate you. Or not, I’ll probably just do the 4 vote thing. If I edit a post, same punishment. No one is safe!

9. There is no BS temperature stuff or hints or any of that in the pictures. The pictures are simply pictures.

10. Let’s talk about PM’s. In the past, you can send PM’s to whomever you desire. Not so here, my friends. Now you may only send PM’s to those who share your family name (Inzerillo, Yamaguchi, Leyva, Ivankov, Johnson). I can’t really keep tabs on whether or not you’re going to be honest about this or not, but let’s just put the honor system in place.

11. This is kinda one of the guidelines when you host a Mafia - don’t make characters who are obviously Mafia-esque into the bad guys. That ruins the fun for everyone. So while certain characters may seem more or less Mafia-esque than others, remember that all alignments and roles are completely random. Remember - judge people on what they say, not who they’re playing as.

12. If you need help with stuff, or want to talk about the game freely, just talk about it with me in the role PM with me. If you need money, I suggest you seek other help.

13. If you violate the rules, I’ll get real angry. Not sure what I’ll do, but you won’t like it.

14. Have fun, if you want. Or destroy everyone in your race to survive. Your choice.

Hola como esta! Me llamo Alarico Leyva! You insult

Godalupe Leyva or step on my native Mexico and fellow Mexicans then you'll have another thing

coming for you muchachos, comprende? Good, good I thought we could come to an understanding. Now let us kick back, drink some Jarritos, and catch these so called Ultimatio tontos!

Nishimura Yamaguchi reporting in.

I will not rest until these Ultimatio have been vanquished, and the honour of the Mafia has been restored.

Da, I am here, Yakovlev Ivankov. Let us hurry this up. I have appointment at banya soon.

Frank "The Tank" Johnson here. I like rule #8, good twist.

Oh...#10, but I couldn't fix it without violating rule #8...

Frank "The Tank" Johnson here. I like rule #8, good twist.

Oh...#10, but I couldn't fix it without violating rule #8...

You get a free pass here - go for it.

1. Everyone gets their very own character! Hooray! Either they’re part of the MAFIA, or they’re part of the more red ULTIMATIO. There is no third party neutral, nor will there be any references to the existence of one. There is no third-party, though there will be lots of red herrings suggesting the existence of one with the purpose of making Dragonfire lose his mind.

Fixed that one for you JJP. :wink:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Amelto Inzerillo is here and ready to hunt these Ultimatios!

Now, for clarity... are we going to use the conventional town/scum references, or respect our host and properly use mafia and ultimatios?

And speaking of respecting the host... get that darn knife out of my hand! Making me look guilty right off the bat.... I'll just remind everyone of rule #11.

-talks in a Darth Vader voice-

Godalupe Leyva is here.

Play the bosses theme muchachos! *Cues band to play the Imperial March in Latin American style*

And speaking of respecting the host... get that darn knife out of my hand! Making me look guilty right off the bat.... I'll just remind everyone of rule #11.

Which is exactly why I even added Rule #11, because you look so guilty.

Which is exactly why I even added Rule #11, because you look so guilty.

There's actually two rule 11s right now :blush:

There is no third-party, though there will be lots of red herrings suggesting the existence of one with the purpose of making Dragonfire lose his mind.

:look::hmpf_bad::cry_sad:

Looking forward to watching how this game plays out :sweet:

-talks in a Bane from DKR voice.- I would like some Vodka, though with this helmet I am afraid that it would mess up my beautiful voice. We have everyone except Desarus who is taking a break.

Brother Masharin is here! Who wants some Vodka?

Yes! Я хачу водку! It is good to mhave more of us strong, manly Russians here.

Oh. Whoops. Fixed it.

Make sure you give yourself the proper penalty votes on day 1. Makes the day easier then since we've got an easy lynch target.

Make sure you give yourself the proper penalty votes on day 1. Makes the day easier then since we've got an easy lynch target.

Jumping on the vote hmmmm. Interesting :tongue:

Jumping on the vote hmmmm. Interesting :tongue:

Well, since the esteemed host already made me look scummy in the intro pictures, I figured I might as well go all out. :devil: