Sign in to follow this  
PeroTheLegoman

Lego Chess Set (mod of the 853373 set)

Here is my take on the 853373 lego chess set.

Everything except the horses are lego originals (they are chinese made lego knockoffs)

Hated the fact that you had to click and unclick each figure to move them, so I made my own version of the lego chess set. If anyone has tried to play it before, will know what I'm talking about :)

26721797773_6266a4c280_z.jpg

27327997625_9ed4a33663_z.jpg

27294968006_d4b29fa2ee_z.jpg

Edited by PeroTheLegoman

I like it! I love how you used the old horses! Good job!

Very well done. I don't have any chess sets, but this looks like the way it should have been done to begin with!

I understand lego is about the studs, but I think tiles with larger base builds OR a 2x2 jumper tile with surrounding tiles would be ideal!

I had considered building a LOTR chess set originally, but someone in my LUG already did it, so I don't want to come off as copying them. But I like how you did this. I may have to look at this for inspiration if I ever get around to doing another Chess set. Other option was Wizard chess from HP.

Either way, I like how traditional this looks and the color schemes used. Very fitting for the Kingdoms line.

Nice redo of the king and queen, they look much more regal and commanding than the wizard and cutpurse from the original set

Thanks guys.

Wanted to keep it simple, while even the original set really got it confusing with jesters as knights and bishop similar to the other sides knight.

Am pretty happy with the black king and queen, so thank you :)

Ooooh, I like. These factions are my two favorite castle factions and you did a good job improving that chess set.