Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 minute ago, Stash2Sixx said:

No need to sir me, I work for a living!

I'm sure a lot of us do, and I appreciate the hard work you and others put into keeping the site in order, but it can get frustrating when pages get swamped and you feel like you're being unfairly picked on. This is nothing against you or @MKJoshA

Edited by ChristopherLee

Thanks for the info SVL.  It is mcuh appreciated.  Yoda's hut is a welcome set for sure.

I'm wondering if we'll get the same Yoda as we got the last few years (or at least a similar one) or will it be one that is more accurate to the original trilogy?

Also does anyone know if we'll get more Rebels sets?  It kinda feels like that subtheme is dying and replaced with Freemaker. We barely got any season 3 sets, with the only updated main character being Kanan. It's even that bad that (by the looks of it) we'll be getting season 2 Sabine in the Advent Kalender 2017 instead of an updated one.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm wondering if we'll get the same Yoda as we got the last few years (or at least a similar one) or will it be one that is more accurate to the original trilogy?

Also does anyone know if we'll get more Rebels sets?  It kinda feels like that subtheme is dying and replaced with Freemaker. We barely got any season 3 sets, with the only updated main character being Kanan. It's even that bad that (by the looks of it) we'll be getting season 2 Sabine in the Advent Kalender 2017 instead of an updated one.

There's not much else they can do in that subtheme. The fourth season coming up will be the last one, so there won't be much of a market for Rebels sets after that occurs.

Quite pleased that there may be an updated Yoda's Hut but after the obligatory play features are included, €30 doesn't seem like a lot of money to do justice to such an important set piece.

Edited by Bandit778

I do really hope Yoda's hut comes with Luke in his gray clothes. There is however a possibility TLG will cheap out and give us abother pilot-Luke

Can you clarify witch one it is @Sir von Lego ?

There is in reddit a polybag of the Fist Order AT-AT. I never saw it before.

snip

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't link leaked images

7 hours ago, hachiroku said:

There is in reddit a polybag of the Fist Order AT-AT. I never saw it before.

That post needs to be reuploaded with correct title. I've already messages the OP and even gave the title format but he hasn't bothered reposting, it's up for grabs if you want to repost as long as you title it properly

Yoda's Hut is $30? I guess that rules out an X-Wing with it, but I guess I shouldn't really complain since it keeps the price down to a reasonable level. It's so great to be finally getting a new Dagobah Luke, because the old one is pretty much unobtainable these days due to the hefty price tag. Not sure how they'll make the hut big enough for a $30 set though... From what I see of the inside of the hut, there isn't much to it. But I'm looking forward to seeing how this all looks.

Having Grievous and Windu both in a small set? I'm down for that. After missing out on 9526 I'm glad to have a new way to get Mace. The Jedi Battle Pack sounds interesting... My guess is that LEGO may have picked up on the popularity the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack seems to have right now, and have seen this as a way forward - having less generic, more interesting Battle Packs that even those who don't buy BP's will want to get just for the figs, like myself. I'd assume alongside Coleman Trebor we'll have Ki-Adi Mundi, since SVL said we'll be getting him, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Plo Koon or Kit Fisto was put in as well.

So far, 2018 Winter looks very promising. The set line-up looks pretty good, and I assume that isn't even the full list, since we have D2C sets and TLJ sets probably in there, too.

25 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

That post needs to be reuploaded with correct title. I've already messages the OP and even gave the title format but he hasn't bothered reposting, it's up for grabs if you want to repost as long as you title it properly

What's the problem? I see the title is correct.

29 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

What's the problem? I see the title is correct.

There is a title format found in the sidebar, top post and even a note before you post. I can't think of any other way to make it more obvious especially when the front page has the format all over it.

Edited by SCREDEYE

People seem to mentioning a previous Yoda's Hut. I was completely unaware such a set existed. A bit concerned at the £25 price tag - will be a very small set. For £80 they may have been able to include the X-Wing too.

22 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

People seem to mentioning a previous Yoda's Hut. I was completely unaware such a set existed. A bit concerned at the £25 price tag - will be a very small set. For £80 they may have been able to include the X-Wing too.

It came with an X-Wing all the way back in 2004. I don't see the issue with the price tag of the new set - its not like the previous hut was any bigger to sets like the Carbon Freeze Chamber or Naboo Duel.

2 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Having Grievous and Windu both in a small set? I'm down for that. After missing out on 9526 I'm glad to have a new way to get Mace. The Jedi Battle Pack sounds interesting... My guess is that LEGO may have picked up on the popularity the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack seems to have right now, and have seen this as a way forward - having less generic, more interesting Battle Packs that even those who don't buy BP's will want to get just for the figs, like myself. I'd assume alongside Coleman Trebor we'll have Ki-Adi Mundi, since SVL said we'll be getting him, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Plo Koon or Kit Fisto was put in as well.

I don't mind if one of the minifigures was either Kit or Plo, but I'm kind of hoping we get at least one more minifigure besides Ki Adi Mundi that's either updated from the Clone Wars style printing or a new Jedi that has never been released before.

10 minutes ago, wesker said:

It came with an X-Wing all the way back in 2004. I don't see the issue with the price tag of the new set - its not like the previous hut was any bigger to sets like the Carbon Freeze Chamber or Naboo Duel.

I don't mind if one of the minifigures was either Kit or Plo, but I'm kind of hoping we get at least one more minifigure besides Ki Adi Mundi that's either updated from the Clone Wars style printing or a new Jedi that has never been released before.

The inclusion of Colemon Trebor suggests the battle pack will be based off the strike team. I'm hoping for a Tarados Gon, Sora Bulq, Bultar Swan or Roth Del-Masona. 

From an inside source: According to the popularity of sets like the Bounty Hunter Battle pack, Lego will most likely be releasing packs that are more or so "Character" packs than battle packs, with more actual characters rather than just the standard trooper variants. Minifigures are a huge selling point with Lego, so I think if they move forth with this idea, it will definitely be a hit.

I'm wondering if the Coleman Trebor minifigure will be exactly the same as the last one, considering it is pretty accurate and they did not dual mould boots onto the new Episode 2 Obi-Wan so I'm not sure how they would update it. Great news anyway - thank you SVL!

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 hours ago, Brickdad said:

For Yoda's Hut, I'm betting it'll be a section of wall/roof and you'll need to get a couple to make a complete set - I'm a similar way to the carbon freezing chamber. 

22 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

For Yoda's Hut, I'm betting it'll be a section of wall/roof and you'll need to get a couple to make a complete set - I'm a similar way to the carbon freezing chamber. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure that will be the case, perhaps that will allow the hut to be somewhat bigger than last time.

Also the Tatooine battle pack is amazing to fill the streets of Tatooine. I'm wondering what the vehicle could be, the only thing I could think of is a speeder. Tbh the other battle pack could include some Clone Troopers, it's been a whill since people could get those cheaply. It might be a battle of geonosis based battle pack?

31 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

That wouldn't bother me at all. I'm more inclined to think it'll be training Luke rather than the version that arrived at Bespin, which would be perfect for me after getting Phoenix's Cloud City Luke.

The named characters in Battle Packs thing is a really exciting development in the SW line... It opens up the possibilities for so many new and updated characters in a single wave rather than just as the odd figure in flagship sets. I'm sure the Bounty Hunters BP has proven popular so hopefully any future sets will sell well enough to keep this going.

I may have misread something but is the Tatooine BP the one with the Jawas, Sandperson and Astromech (possibly R5?)

Edited by Robianco

21 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I may have misread something but is the Tatooine BP the one with the Jawas, Sandperson and Astromech (possibly R5?)

Yes.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

That wouldn't bother me at all. I'm more inclined to think it'll be training Luke rather than the version that arrived at Bespin, which would be perfect for me after getting Phoenix's Cloud City Luke.

The named characters in Battle Packs thing is a really exciting development in the SW line... It opens up the possibilities for so many new and updated characters in a single wave rather than just as the odd figure in flagship sets. I'm sure the Bounty Hunters BP has proven popular so hopefully any future sets will sell well enough to keep this going.

I agree - we could start to get some really interesting minifigures as a result of this change. Seems like Lego have finally found a way to deliver the Star Wars CMF - just in bulk!

I just wish the tatooine pack was including Ponda Baba!

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Also the Tatooine battle pack is amazing to fill the streets of Tatooine. I'm wondering what the vehicle could be, the only thing I could think of is a speeder. Tbh the other battle pack could include some Clone Troopers, it's been a whill since people could get those cheaply. It might be a battle of geonosis based battle pack?

The Tatooine BP is also a proove that we'll see other generic aliens in battle pack after the excellent Rebel Alliance BP.

For the other one, if it's confirm to be about jedi, I don't expect clone trooper but something very new like an other jedi knight (Coleman Kcaj, Oppo Rancisis) or a generic temple guard. Clone troopers need several BP just for themselves.