Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Yes it is. I don't want to spam in this thread, but I made reverse engineering to the leaked pics and it works perfectly:

PS: Like, suscribe, and all that stuff xD

That's pretty awesome, thanks for sharing!  (And to be honest, I didn't even realize it was a re-creation at first, when I glanced at it, I thought it was a video from Toy Fair)

22 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

sure so show me on this video how it fit ...

*snip*

He is putting the helmet wrong in the system. He has to put the helmet in the gap between the rubber connectors, not in the top of them.

In comparison to hachiroku's video the guys in the video were placing the helmet at the wrong position in the clasp. They needed to place the helmet at a lower position so that the top half of the head was in the clasp. 

23 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

sure so show me on this video how it fit ...

The mechanism used in Vader's Transformation looks almost identical to the one in the Carbonite Chamber from last year; the top 'octagonal' design is also very similar albeit with a different colour scheme.  The larger brick-built droid looks good, but it's a bit of a shame that they didn't re-use the 2-1B from 8096 though, but I guess you can't have everything. The more I see the set, the more I'm convinced that it will be a great seller for TLG - I'm assuming that the UK's pricing will be £20-£25... which seems reasonable for that sized set :classic:

For me it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we are getting medical droids included in the Vader Transformation set as initially it was reported that we were just receiving 3 minifigures.

12 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

For me it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we are getting medical droids included in the Vader Transformation set as initially it was reported that we were just receiving 3 minifigures.

Brick built droids aren't "minifigures", so we are only getting 3. I think there was earlier mention of them being included as builds. Without them I think the set would be a bit plain.

22 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

He is putting the helmet wrong in the system. He has to put the helmet in the gap between the rubber connectors, not in the top of them.

I watched your video and there it works fine, thx for the info

1 minute ago, nikhkin said:

Brick built droids aren't "minifigures", so we are only getting 3. I think there was earlier mention of them being included as builds. Without them I think the set would be a bit plain.

Well there were quite a few brick built droids classed as mini figures in the Sandcrawler if I'm not mistaken.  Since then I've referred to them as minifigures.

Ah, well I could be wrong. 

Although, since we've been basing a lot of prior discussion on leaks and rumours, it depends mostly upon the opinion of the leaker. 

Some random observations:

- the shields in the FO battlepack look great and I can totally see them being reused in other themes :thumbup: The redesign of the batons is also welcome

- The droid on the spoilerific Nuremberg TF picture that I've found a while ago is in the Vader Transformation after all... Weird though that it's not counted as a minifig, droids usually are.

- Quarrie being included in the Arrowhead is a nice surprise :classic: That set also introduces a new colour for the spring-loaded shooter amo (trans-light blue)

- Previous advent calendars were restricted to PT/OT stuff while this one exclusively features characters and vehicles from Rebels, TFA and RO. Maybe there was a specific license-related reason why they held back on the new material? 

- I didn't even notice that there was a black Rathtar in the movie, I previously thought they were all red, but there definitely are colour variations :wink: Nice attention to detail on the designer's part :thumbup: Too bad though they reduced the Death gang members down to two... I guess the Rathars got 'em :grin: 

- I'm glad the Quadjumper does what it's supposed to: blow up :laugh: I'm still mad about the lack of new minifigs, they could at least have given us new faceprints for Finn and Rey. Han also got a new one, so why not these two?

I definitely be getting the battle packs, the quad jumper and the Vader transformation one the two "rebels" sets vehicles look appealing

plus I will be buying my first buildable figure the biker scout and speeder bike look excellent

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some random observations:

- the shields in the FO battlepack look great and I can totally see them being reused in other themes :thumbup: The redesign of the batons is also welcome

- The droid on the spoilerific Nuremberg TF picture that I've found a while ago is in the Vader Transformation after all... Weird though that it's not counted as a minifig, droids usually are.

- Quarrie being included in the Arrowhead is a nice surprise :classic: That set also introduces a new colour for the spring-loaded shooter amo (trans-light blue)

- Previous advent calendars were restricted to PT/OT stuff while this one exclusively features characters and vehicles from Rebels, TFA and RO. Maybe there was a specific license-related reason why they held back on the new material? 

- I didn't even notice that there was a black Rathtar in the movie, I previously thought they were all red, but there definitely are colour variations :wink: Nice attention to detail on the designer's part :thumbup: Too bad though they reduced the Death gang members down to two... I guess the Rathars got 'em :grin: 

- I'm glad the Quadjumper does what it's supposed to: blow up :laugh: I'm still mad about the lack of new minifigs, they could at least have given us new faceprints for Finn and Rey. Han also got a new one, so why not these two?

What minifigures could they have given us though?  I mean they did include everyone that was in that scene, and then some.

At the moment the Quadjumper is my number one set. I don't own TFA sets, so this will be my first. The only thing i do not like is that the cockpit has gaps on its side. This vehicle could be used for all kinda sceneries, and even for other sci-fi stuff. Good choice Lego!

Too bad the bounty hunter bp was still a preproduction version, because i'm really hyped for this one. I expect 4-Lom to have a different headpiece of course, and i expect a better Bossk.

The Rahtar set is a bit of a mess on pictures, but i think in hand it will be much better. The figs are great, and the Rahtars will suffice. The whips on them are good for grabbing the top, and they are superposable. Yeah, i think i really like this set as well.

Those freemakers. Is there a new series in the making? Loving the (Ralph Mc)Quarrie fig. New Aliens!! Will i buy these? Nope.

Plus i must say that the buildable Biker Scout looks very good. I might even be buying it

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

What minifigures could they have given us though?  I mean they did include everyone that was in that scene, and then some.

There were quite a few background characters they could have included but I get why they didn't choose one of those because they're probably not worth the new moulds they'd require (like Bobbajo). Another possibility would have been a different thug, or did Unkar really only have these two dudes at his disposal? :grin: As previously mentioned, I also would have accepted new faceprints for Rey and Finn (e.g. angry or scared ones), but oh well. At least the ship's nice :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Well there were quite a few brick built droids classed as mini figures in the Sandcrawler if I'm not mistaken.  Since then I've referred to them as minifigures.

TLG is not consistent when it comes to brick build figures, sometimes they are counted as figures and sometimes they are not...

Is it sad how in a summer wave, the sets I'm most hyped for are the cheapest sets?

Vader's Transformation = :thumbup:

Tank = Looks a little small to me, but I'm just used to the previous one's scale. Overall :thumbup:

Bounty Hunter BP = No question :thumbup:

First Order BP = :thumbup:

Quadjumper = Ehh, oddly appealing (even though I have Rey and Finn already), but for the price I'd much rather buy the larger TLBM Batmobile.

Advent Calendar = This may surprise some, but this may be my first advent calendar purchase. I don't have Sabine yet, another Imperial Officer would be nice (though apparently they all look the same), and I need a BB-8.

Freemaker stuff = They look cool, but only one should have been made and the other slot used for canon stuff

Rathtar Escape = Looks horribly messy in pics, so will wait for final box art to judge

Jedi Starfighter = I want images!! If the set is pretty good then I definitely will want this!

10 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

<snip>

Wow I am so unimpressed and dissapointed by these Rathtars. I wouldve much rathered (no pun intended :grin:) a smaller set (Did we need the tan office?) And a single molded Rathtar with slots to add tentacles.

I mean they barely look like their film counterparts. Instead of an angry ball these look like weird squid Aquazone abominations that never made production. Bump the set up to a hundred price tag and I wouldve bought it if they had a molded Rathtar.

The set is about the Rathars, its in the title. How did they boggle this up?

Just now, Forresto said:

(Did we need the tan office?)

I think that's their containment cell.

Just now, Forresto said:

Instead of an angry ball these look like weird squid Aquazone abominations that never made production.

Agreed. They don't really looks like the spherical creatures that the Rathtars are.

EDIT: Also I am greatly disturbed by how all of the figures, except Han, in the Rathtar set use stud shooters.

Edited by VaderFan2187

I built one (and I will upload it to my channel tomorrow and I'm making the rathtars scene in stop motion too :D) and I like it a lot. I was a little dissapointed too, but it looks very organic and animated.

Obviously the molded version of the game would be way better, but this one doesn't looks that bad like in these pictures.

3 hours ago, Lobot said:

- I'm assuming that the UK's pricing will be £20-£25... which seems reasonable for that sized set :classic:

£20-£25 would be a good price for the set you're getting 5 minifgures (6 if you count the Probe droid as one) a fully completed set unlike the freezing chamber and accurate play functions. 

I also quite like how Lego have included the Republic Logo on the floor in white just like in the film.

Edited by Tariq j