Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I saw in this thread about a Landon minifigure, was this for real ?? Is it a new set for 2017 or 2018?

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

June 1st release for the summer wave right? (UK)

Yep. Some stores like Smyths seem to be getting it early though.

1 hour ago, Jedibob said:

I saw in this thread about a Landon minifigure, was this for real ?? Is it a new set for 2017 or 2018?

Are you talking about the Cloud City Lando? If so, that was a fake.

was just building 75167 anyone else think bossks suit is too yellow i remember it as more orangy in the movie not quite as orange as a rebel pilot but not the pastel yellow that TLG used

Edited by Mattallica

3 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

was just building 75167 anyone else think bossks suit is too yellow i remember it as more orangy in the movie not quite as orange as a rebel pilot but not the pastel yellow that TLG used

Nuh-uh. Yellow.

latest?cb=20130219044712

6 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I think the pastel yellow is perfect for Bossk. 

Looks like sideshow figured out the actual color  

star-wars-bossk-sixth-scale-figure-10039

And Lego used a very similar color

34441208622_5dc4cd9f4a.jpg

The reason  that the color might be slightly off is because Lego can't always make new colors. They thought that this was a close enough color, so they chose to use it. I'm more disappointed that his legs aren't dual molded though.

Edited by Franklinw1234

Yellow is still yellow those picture are all close enough. The real problem is the lack of dual molding, I think that no feet would look better than the  green toes poking out of the yellow tenth plant jumpsuit.

i wish they would have went a bit darker with a dark yellow or  very light orange, the bright yellow is just too much imo

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Yellow is still yellow those picture are all close enough. The real problem is the lack of dual molding, I think that no feet would look better than the  green toes poking out of the yellow tenth plant jumpsuit.

Agreed. The end of his pant are even up to where the dual molding could be. Maybe for his next update in a few years they'll fix it.

Just now, Mattallica said:

dual molding should be a staple by now for all figs

Unfortunately, for Star Wars minifigures, it's not.

8 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Looks like sideshow figured out the actual color  

*snip*

The reason  that the color might be slightly off is because Lego can't always make new colors. They thought that this was a close enough color, so they chose to use it. I'm more disappointed that his legs aren't dual molded though.

If only the fig had dual molded arms and legs, then it would be perfect. I hate that LEGO refuses to use dual molding in Star Wars sets when literally every other theme has used it. It's only a matter of time, right? Eventually they'll give in...

The light yellow is okay, but actually, tan (sand yellow) would've been more accurate!

That Bossk is a good fig and I don't mind the skin color, but they really could have at least printed the scaled part of his legs if dual molding was out of the question. I know it's only like a $15 set, but why include him at all unless you're going to do the best you can? 

I wonder if its possible that a pre-order for the new Lego UCS Millennium Falcon could happen on May 25 this year. I know pre-orders are not something Lego does often, but they did do it with the previous UCS Millennium Falcon.

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

Dumb question, which retailer is Vader's transformation exclusive to? 

As far as I know Vader's Transformation is not a retail exclusive and should start becoming available June 1st (Although as many have stated, Summer wave sets have started to pop up in some places). The only retail exclusive in the summer wave is 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive which is probably a Toys R Us (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) exclusive, in the US at least.