Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

So if lego can't make a Star Wars cmf series because they could get sued then can someone explain how the c-3po, first order officer, and bwing pilot were made has figures you could buy at toys r us for 5 dollars?

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

So if lego can't make a Star Wars cmf series because they could get sued then can someone explain how the c-3po, first order officer, and bwing pilot were made has figures you could buy at toys r us for 5 dollars?

Probably better to ask in the general LEGO questions thread, but I'm guessing it's because usually these figures are special promo items first, and then Toys 'R Us sells off the rest of the stock later.

2 hours ago, doclord said:

Ha, are we really going to get more posts bashing the Rathtar and Freemaker sets? We get it.

Not in this thread, no.

Have the summer sets been spotted in UK Lego stores yet? I really want to get the tank, especially at £20.

6 minutes ago, Wil348 said:

Have the summer sets been spotted in UK Lego stores yet? I really want to get the tank, especially at £20.

No only in smyths toys as they seem to have released them early

Edited by roadstermatt

Gloucester Smyths had all the new Star Wars sets. Picked up the Bounty Hunter, excellent minifigure selection but pretty poor vehicle (which most won't really care about) 

Edited by adamtea

This is old news but it is possible we may get this star fighter either this wave or next year's winter wave

2 hours ago, Wil348 said:

I saw someone with a Lego bag in London today. It looked like he had the Arrowhead set. It's possible the Leicester Square store has it early. 

I haven't seen it in any stores myself, though. 

Even if this year seems lacking in terms of sets from ANH (with only a slighty updated Landspeeder and a UCS Falcon which might be ESB themed), we have to remember it's also the 40th anniversary of SW in general. In that case, I think Lego has delivered quite well with the set selection, even if it could be a little better (especially in the minifig selection department). With the addition of the Jedi Starfighter with Booster Ring from AOTC, there is now at least one set available per major subtheme, including all 8 episodic films, Rogue One, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Legends (Republic Fighter Tank) and, whether you like it or not, their own Freemaker Adventures. I'd say that's pretty impressive because there's something for everyone, though most remakes this year are more redundant then ever. The polarising May the 4th R2 build is at least very representative for ANH and the franchise as a whole.

Edited by JekPorkchops

Here's a really neat video from the Star Wars Celebration:

Anyways I'm not just posting this because its interesting. I'm really posting this to end the debate about if we could ever get a CMF for Star Wars. In the video the now Business Manager of the CMF line says no that can never happen because of Star Wars deals with Hasbro. So that completely shuts down the debate and shows that the rumour is indeed false. 

20 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Even if this year seems lacking in terms of sets from ANH (with only a slighty updated Landspeeder and a UCS Falcon which might be ESB themed), we have to remember it's also the 40th anniversary of SW in general. In that case, I think Lego has delivered quite well with the set selection, even if it could be a little better (especially in the minifig selection department). With the addition of the Jedi Starfighter with Booster Ring from AOTC, there is now at least one set available per major subtheme, including all 8 episodic films, Rogue One, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Legends (Republic Fighter Tank) and, whether you like it or not, their own Freemaker Adventures. I'd say that's pretty impressive because there's something for everyone, though most remakes this year are more redundant then ever. The polarising May the 4th R2 uild is at least very representative for ANH and the franchise as a whole.

The Republic Fighter tank made an appearance in Clone Wars/ROTS novel and was developed for AoTC so no, it's not Legends.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, Nokturn said:

Found a review of 75191 with some pretty good pics: 

http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/05/08/lego-star-wars-jedi-starfighter-hyperdrive/

I still don't understand why they can't make the clear handles easily removable as part of the build so that you can either "swoosh it" or display it...

Edited by thorin

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Here u go. Reviews of all SW sets are up

I still have not seen a video review of set 75191... only the written one with pictures, as described above.

Anyone know if there is a video of this yet?

3 hours ago, thorin said:

I still don't understand why they can't make the clear handles easily removable as part of the build so that you can either "swoosh it" or display it...

I know, especially for the display models. Why do they have those really ugly black stands? Is it a cost thing? Well, it surely aint a design thing. 

Cannot get that link to show. Seems to load the content then blank screen. Anyone else getting this? Could be my rubbish phone though.

45 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Cannot get that link to show. Seems to load the content then blank screen. Anyone else getting this? Could be my rubbish phone though.

It takes quite some time to load. Afterwards it is OK.