Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Rumors on brickset forum says that the announcement of UCS Falcon (or a "surprise release") is today. For Rebelscum something bigger come later in month (5/25?? Exactly 40 years...)

Edited by PrisonBrick

36 minutes ago, PrisonBrick said:

Rumors on brickset forum says that the announcement of UCS Falcon (or a "surprise release") is today. For Rebelscum something bigger come later in month (5/25?? Exactly 40 years...)

Highly unlikely they'll announce anything today, as they won't want people suddenly thinking, ooh, I won't buy all those sets today, and I'll save my money for the big thing coming later. That would damage sales of the snowspeeder.

25th is more likely (but still seems early for a sept/oct release).

1 hour ago, will said:

Highly unlikely they'll announce anything today, as they won't want people suddenly thinking, ooh, I won't buy all those sets today, and I'll save my money for the big thing coming later. That would damage sales of the snowspeeder.

especially that the Falcon is on 40% sale today in the EU

4 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

3 hours ago, will said:

Well, I guess the surprise release is about the 40% off for the 75105, no UCS :(

I doubt they'll reveal the UCS MF. The next D2C after the Carousal is supposed to be Minecraft. 

Also I was wanting to get the A-wing but its already sold out :sceptic:

UCS Snowspeeder already on backorder at S@H. I hope there's not a bunch of lame resellers in line at my lego store this morning buying multiples :l

Edit: nevermind, they are limiting it to  1 per customer

Edited by romulan

12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

They were released at LEGOLAND Parks and Discovery Centers in the US.  As of last Friday, the Schaumburg LDC (Chicago) said they still had some in stock.  Can't vouch for any of the other locations.  Unfortunately, it looks like resellers are being pretty merciless with this polybag, and it will only get worse... :hmpf_bad:

i know what i am doing with my daughters on saturday!!!! they just opened a LDC near me ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

i know what i am doing with my daughters on saturday!!!! they just opened a LDC near me ...

Make sure to call first, because May the Fourth weekend will probably be crazy.  And good luck!  :classic:

Sorry, now I will get back on topic.  Next time I will PM.

4 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

A heads-up: The summer 2017 wave has been released early in Singapore as part of the May the 4th celebrations. At the expected retail price, too; there's no markup whatsoever.

Lucky!

But if I remember correctly BPs in Singapore are $25 and the Fighter Tank would be $50 in Singapore as well. Why $30 and $60 respectivelly?

If I were to buy something on back order like the Snowspeeder that only ships from 19th May, does that mean I'm still eligible for the R2 poly bag, since it ends on the 6th?

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If I were to buy something on back order like the Snowspeeder that only ships from 19th May, does that mean I'm still eligible for the R2 poly bag, since it ends on the 6th?

The promo usually ships in a day or two. I have gotten promos and the backorder ended up being canceled.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Lucky!

But if I remember correctly BPs in Singapore are $25 and the Fighter Tank would be $50 in Singapore as well. Why $30 and $60 respectivelly?

Nah, there's been a markup in prices since the winter wave, I think. BPs are SGD$30 and USD$25 sets (like the Republic Fighter Tank) are SGD$60.

There have been people who made custom Millennium Falcon mocs with an interior for around 7500 pieces. Although I don't know how much an interior for a new UCS Millennium Falcon would need since 2500 pieces just for an interior seems liitle but I would accept that. It would also be nice to have a Lando Calrissian if it is ESB themed in his Cloud City Uniform

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Nah, there's been a markup in prices since the winter wave, I think. BPs are SGD$30 and USD$25 sets (like the Republic Fighter Tank) are SGD$60.

Oh wow... no markup here (I used to live in SG)

Unfortunately the sets aren't out here. 

No news on the Falcon yet, I presume?

Lego.com US has already sold out of most of the sets... a few straggler dumb sets still around but geeze, they sold a lot today from the looks of it. 

UCS Snowspeeder is great model and worthy of the UCS badge (unlike insult on Hoth.) Couple of comments;

1. Very fragile, especially because of the ball joints and rubber bands providing tension for the bottom of the wings. Definitely not swooshable because there's really no great way of holding it. Patience must be exercised during build

2. EDIT: I made a huge mistake here and forgot to push 2 pins in. Still a little wobbly, but much more supportive now..oops lol.        The base is complete garbage a does not provide adequate support, and is extremely wobbly. Too top heavy, it leans a good 10 degrees to the right. Tomorrow's project will be building better support stand for the Snowspeeder

UCS millennium falcon is happening

Edited by romulan

Just now, romulan said:

UCS Snowspeeder great model. Couple of comments;

1. Very fragile, especially because of the ball joints and rubber bands providing tension for the bottom of the eings wings. Definitely not swooshable. Patience must be exercised during build

2. The base is complete garbage a does not provide adequate support, and is extremely wobbly. Too top heavy, it leans a good 10 degrees to the right. Tomorrow's project will be building better support stand for the Snowspeeder

UCS millennium falcon is happening

Who gave you the info that it is happening? so far its like 90% confirmed but I'm just wanting to make sure

43 minutes ago, romulan said:

2. The base is complete garbage a does not provide adequate support, and is extremely wobbly. Too top heavy, it leans a good 10 degrees to the right. 

Isn't that what it's supposed to do? :grin:

1 hour ago, romulan said:

2. The base is complete garbage a does not provide adequate support, and is extremely wobbly. Too top heavy, it leans a good 10 degrees to the right. Tomorrow's project will be building better support stand for the Snowspeeder

43 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Isn't that what it's supposed to do? :grin:

It's supposed to be angled 10% to give it more flair (Since it's facing sideways, why not?). That's why there's so much support built into the base.

That's a feature of the set.

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It's supposed to be angled 10% to give it more flair (Since it's facing sideways, why not?). That's why there's so much support built into the base.

That's a feature of the set.

He said 10% to the right, not to the front.

But let's continue this discussion in the Snowspeeder topic and focus on the Pictures and Rumors.

14 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

The promo usually ships in a day or two. I have gotten promos and the backorder ended up being canceled.

Thanks for the reply. I may have to treat myself to the U Wing and then get the Snowspeeder and MF later, provided my wallet can hold :laugh:

Delta just posted the new Jango Fett. 

Is the set supposed to be a Toysrus exclusive? Or another shop?

We don't have exclusive shop sets here, but do get 20% discount days on the Toysrus website so that would be nice. 

8 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

What is the set? A Jango Slave 1?

Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring