Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It looks a lot like the last Clone Wars JSF (Saesee Tiin's from 2012) and not really like the vehicle in the movie. Disappointing, because the Delta 7 is beautiful and this doesn't capture its sleek, elegant look at all.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The cockpit just jumps up weirdly instead of naturally.

10 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. The cockpit just jumps up weirdly instead of naturally.

I'm guessing that the cockpit is so high to allow for the compartment to stow the droid body and legs in. 

4 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm guessing that the cockpit is so high to allow for the compartment to stow the droid body and legs in. 

Who said there was gonna be a place to store those?

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Who said there was gonna be a place to store those?

There's a full droid (body and head). If there isn't a droid slot, and the head it attached to the wing separately, there is likely somewhere for the body to be kept. 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

There's a full droid (body and head). If there isn't a droid slot, and the head it attached to the wing separately, there is likely somewhere for the body to be kept. 

V-Wing 2014 disagrees

The reason why the Delta-7 looks so strange is because they just took the last one they made for the clone wars and improved it, the problem is that the clone wars model is supposed to be very different from the EP:II

version.

If they have made a storage place for the rest of the body, then it is completely unnecessary as it ruins the build :'(

Really disappointing model, that fighter looks like something from 10 years ago...

I think this is a great set. Nice minifigures and a good ship. Definitely a first day buy! Has anyone an idea when this is available?

It's not horrible, but the truth is it's no better than the last one. Part of it is the color, and part of it is I prefer the Eta, but the older one just looks better. I already have the Fetts and Kenobi, and too many starfighters, so I'll pass.

Has everything been revealed now except for the Episode 8 sets?

1 hour ago, Jedibob said:

I think this is a great set. Nice minifigures and a good ship. Definitely a first day buy! Has anyone an idea when this is available?

June, I believe, with the rest of the summer wave. It was only revealed this late because it's a retail exclusive and they tend to save pictures for those until only one or two weeks before they're sold (2 weeks in this case, since HK seems to be getting them on May 6th).

Hmm, I'm not wowed by 75191. Even at a reasonable price, I'll probably skip it. It just doesn't look like a playable or displayable set.

Bring on the MF!!!

Play at warp speed with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive!

Warp into action with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive

'Warp Speed'? Surely they mean lightspeed :look:

Hmmm the thing going for this is... maybe it's easy to modify. The extra height of the cockpit is an extension. I don't know how it all interacts with the hyperdrive, however there might be a chance you can easily modify it so that the cockpit doesn't suck but it still fits into the hyperdrive.

I quite like it, though I was afraid the cockpit was going to be bulbous like that. I don't know why LEGO has insisted on doing this for the Delta 7. I'll probably pass as I vastly prefer Eta-2s and other Clone Wars era vehicles much better, like the Republic Hovertank coming out later this year(btw, are those sets slated for summer or fall release in the US? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.) I need an updated Jango Fett though... Now I really want them to release a new Jango Fett's Slave 1 to go up against this, I think we've only ever gotten one, though it'd really just be a color swap of the last normal-sized Slave 1. 

Yeah, the hyperdrive ring is alright, but the starfighter isn't that great for reasons already mentioned.

Nice to see young Boba again, but I was hoping he'd have a different hairpiece. I'm not sure what would work better, but his hair is curly, not straight like that.

2 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

I like how one of the detail points for this set is-

• Relive exciting scenes in space from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.

-When you can't really do that without the Slave I.

Build the current Slave I UCS but with different colored parts :b

2 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

I like how one of the detail points for this set is-

• Relive exciting scenes in space from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.

-When you can't really do that without the Slave I.

I disagree, I was wet from trepidation when Obi-Wan came out of hyper space near Kamino. :wink:

I was quite excited when I heard the rumors about 75191, but when I saw those images with the same old hideous design from TCW, it really disappointed me. I was going to get this set but it would have to be on a huge sale and need serious modification before I could even consider buying and displaying it.

Is R4 the same as either the Kamino planet set or Obi-Wan's 2016 interceptor? If so, none of the figures interest me at all, so I'll be picking up a minifig free version from eBay if I can get a  good price. 

20 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is R4 the same as either the Kamino planet set or Obi-Wan's 2016 interceptor? If so, none of the figures interest me at all, so I'll be picking up a minifig free version from eBay if I can get a  good price. 

R4 is the same as the previous ones as far as I can tell.

Edited by ChristopherLee

The Delta-7 was one of the sets I was looking forward to the most, but this is really disapoiting. I quess I will keep 7143 around a little longer. 

I also don't like this trend were every thing is selling at ridiculous prices... :thumbdown: