Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

New print for ma boi' IG-88! Sucks for the stud shooter but at least 88's got a long rifle. 

Everything looks really nice here, especially since it's a freacking battle pack XD.

Heck even the speeder in light azure looks nice.

So, Lego sets to buy summer 2017:

- Bounty Hunter Battle pack. 

Edited by RetroInferno

4 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

So without a doubt, best PB ever?

Best peanut butter ever.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Is IG-88 the same as the 2011 edition?

From what I can see the head has a new print. 

4-LOM is also amazing. 

Edited by RetroInferno

3 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Is IG-88 the same as the 2011 edition?

Looks like a new ig-88 to me

But when are we gotten get zuckuss he is the only one we need

Battlepack looks great. And re:may the fourth promo being the R2D2, I thought that was all but confirmed a while back because didn't a trustworthy source (I want to say DeltaCustoms?) say "maybe we've already seen it" when asked what it would be?

Yeah IG-88 looks different. 4LOM looks great. Will be my first non-UCS purchase in a year or so.

Looks great. It seems that IG-88 may be in a new color, and I think he uses The Eraser's head piece. 

EDIT- nevermind looking at it again I'm wrong on both of those, but it does look like he has a new print. I also wonder how they attached the sniper to his back. Is Dengar any different, like even something minor like the backpack?

Edited by EbTheGuy

7 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Back to actual set news...final images of the Bounty Hunter Battlepack to be found here:

https://www.sinqel.com/lego-bounty-hunter-speeder-bike-battle-pack-lego.html

That's what I've been waiting for, thank you.

For a mere Battle Pack it is what I more ore less expected. The dual mold rant notwithstanding, Bossk looks nice, 4-LOM looks perfect, Dengar - who would profit immensely from some leg printing - is the same as the last one ...and IG-88 still looks like a battle droid with a flower vase up his neck - but at least he got printing.

There definitely seems to be a lot of spare pin/hole connections on the rathtar escape. Maybe there are just a few ways to reconfigure the layout as it seems a bit blatant if it's a "you need to buy more than on of these" type ploy. 

Looks like a fairly cheap wave for me as I'm not interested in the freemakers and not that fussed on the TFA sets. The amount of stud shooters to be replaced will also drain my stocks of proper blasters!

51 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Looks like a fairly cheap wave for me as I'm not interested in the freemakers and not that fussed on the TFA sets. The amount of stud shooters to be replaced will also drain my stocks of proper blasters!

On the other hand, 1/4 figs per battle pack having a proper gun is definitely good news - maybe they will keep it like that in the future, to give collectors a little bit to work with.

Still not convinced by the Freemaker sets but then again I'm definitely not the target group. Rathar Escape is also still very ugly - that big tan box and all the bare technic pieces aren't exactly display pieces.

All the good stuff is in the small sets - both $25 sets and both battle packs seem really well done.

2 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

There definitely seems to be a lot of spare pin/hole connections on the rathtar escape. Maybe there are just a few ways to reconfigure the layout as it seems a bit blatant if it's a "you need to buy more than on of these" type ploy. 

The tan technic pins are used to reconfigure the corridors. You can attach them to each other like on the box, in a T-shape. It is also possible to make one long corridor. You can basically attach the 'gate' ends of the sections to each other, or such a gate can be placed perpendicular to a corridor (though one of the two sections has the yellow door to which nothing can attach). The Rathtar containment box can fit on any of the four sides of a corridor (again, not at the yellow door), but it uses clips at the very base of the structure instead of the technic pin system. The little built up sections under the corridors and between the supports have a dual purpose, as they are used to hold the clips and they also represent the crawlspace where Rey and Finn were, which I really like.

It is also possible to connect two of the sets, in the box art configuration, to each other. It'll create a square corridor. Of course, when buying multiples of the set you can create all kinds of unique shapes.

It certainly is a rare occurence where Battle packs and constraction figures are more intresting than the rest of the 'big' sets.