Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

9 minutes ago, Brickfada said:

Will the UCS be annouced at the New York Toy Fair ?

Most likely. Last year had Assault on Hoth on display.

Please don't post links to leaked photos. You can tell people which site they are on, just don't include a hyperlink. This is to keep eurobricks from popping up as a domain that sends people to leaked photo sites, which TLG doesn't like. Thank you.

WOW! I'm honestly completely taken aback at how absolutely gorgeous the UCS Snowspeeder model is. The designer hit it out of the park! 

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

It's a shame that color has been out of production for 7 years now. I don't LEGO reintroduced discontinued colors.

It's used in EV3. It should still be okay, right?

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

It's used in EV3. It should still be okay, right?

No, that uses medium stone grey and white. Light Stone Grey hasn't been used since 2010. It's not in their palette anymore.

Also, 400th post!

The colour looks fine to me, I don't understand the reasoning for any negative comments about it.  LEGO has a limited spectrum available and if you look at the film models they're part-way between white and very light grey - quite similar to the Imperial Shuttle so neither white or LBG are an exact match.  Overall it looks like a great set, and the designer should be congratulated.  If the rumoured UCS Falcon is of a similar quality I'll be a happy bunny! :wub:

Just saw the leaked picture, I quite like it. Enough to warrant a purchase.

Sarcastic 'yey' for our millionth snowspeeder 

...it's even a remake. Even UCS sets are now remakes. And still we have no Cloud City and limited AOTC sets...

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

The colour looks fine to me, I don't understand the reasoning for any negative comments about it.  LEGO has a limited spectrum available and if you look at the film models they're part-way between white and very light grey - quite similar to the Imperial Shuttle so neither white or LBG are an exact match.  Overall it looks like a great set, and the designer should be congratulated.  If the rumoured UCS Falcon is of a similar quality I'll be a happy bunny! :wub:

Nobody is pointing a gun to their head and telling them to use a limited palette. I said that if star wars makes them so much money, and if there's so much potential in re-use, they could invest resources in making a more accurate colour. Or else they can use stickers, the way theyre going.

I really like the new UCS snowspeeder, it's much more detailed than 10129 and a nice update. I'll surely pick it up day 1 and have to fit it in my fleet :D

Hard to tell from the impartial box shot, but I hope it comes with a pilot next to the plaque

Edited by romulan

Man, wasn't expecting a leak of the Snowspeeder today. It looks quite cool and, for whatever reason, every time I'm looking at this set, it reminds me of the UCS Slave I. Probably because it looks so spot-on.

Although, the price tag of what will probably be 250CAD is a bit rough :sceptic:. It's a beautiful set but it feels a bit too small for that price. Whatever, I'll still end up purchasing it on the first week after release.

1 minute ago, romulan said:

I really like the new UCS snowspeeder, it's much more detailed than 10129 and a nice update. I'll surely pick it up day 1 and have to fit it in my fleet :D

They've improved the cockpit but other than that I'm not seeing the "much more detail than 10129" you speak of. Some more yes, but it's not too different to 10129 in that pic. Assuming there is ~500 pieces more (as suggested by earlier rumors) I suspect the majority of the extra pieces would be structural. Lego tend to concentrate on improving structural integrity these days and 10129 could certainty do with improvement in this area.

Improvements on structural integrity of 10129 ?

This model is as strong as a rock :o

Mhhh, the new one looks obviously more streamlined: improved cockpit and front, more details near the engines. Structurally speaking though it seems awefully similar, and if Anio said the old model was already sturdy like a brick the 500 more pieces seems weird. 

It looks nice that's for sure but it's not really my cup of tea. 

Edited by RetroInferno

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Sarcastic 'yey' for our millionth snowspeeder 

agreed. so much.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

WOW! I'm honestly completely taken aback at how absolutely gorgeous the UCS Snowspeeder model is. The designer hit it out of the park! 

I totally agree! People here aren't too happy with it but I really am! Considering picking it up hopefully with a good may 4th promo to go along with it. 

If I can scrounge up the $200 this is a day one purchase. I'm not surprised that this set is getting mixed views initially. You can't please some people sadly, and I hope once the set actually releases, we'll see more positive attitudes about it.

Looks great. Much better than the UCS sets we got last year.

Easy pass for me... (not interested in more snowspeeders, or non-minifig scale sets)

Edited by Artanis I