Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

God dude, why do you have to be so much of a stickler. Let people speculate about what they want, no one needs you to be a pessimist shooting down everything anyone says. 

And actually, you're completely wrong. What I said is 100% a hint at what it is, so you can keep your trap shut about what you don't know. 

Well, I wouldn't be a pessimist if this is actually not something that happens all the time, and it's a romours thread, not a speculation thread. Once in a while of course I wouldn't mind that people come up with there wishes or guesses, it's just lately that I and some others have been commenting that it has been very hard to differentiate between what is a romour and a speculation. 

But it seems I was wrong in this case, but before you actually revealed yourself, this felt unlikely, honestly, it did, especially in the light of all kinds of misunderstandings that had been going on here. However there is no reason to be personally agitating, I've not made this personally to anybody, just got tired of the pattern that's all. The fault is actually with you who should have been more clear from the beginning when you know that people here, apparently me included as well can easily misunderstand the smallest comment...

Edited by Sneakguest

Looking at the Rathtar Escape set, the entire structure is propped up on 'stilts'. Although it doesn't have Rey, Finn or BB-8, I wonder if it'll include any of the trapdoors or underfloor controls that we see them use in the films?

34 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Alright, so as far as I know:

UCS Snowspeeder is basically confirmed as a set for an April release.

A UCS set having to do with a sphere has been rumored (Some form of Death Star, Planet, but most likely BB-8), although CM4SCI has said on Reddit that he doesn't think that a D2C BB-8 is coming. So, maybe we're getting a non-D2C UCS set? or maybe it's not even a UCS.

A UCS Millennium Falcon re-release has also been heavily rumored by multiple people (CM4SCI on Reddit has said that he thinks it is coming).

The Last Jedi sets look very good according to Sir Von Lego. 2018 has some good stuff in store as well according to him.

That is basically everything that has come out recently besides the summer wave (which some prelims have been leaked but I assume a full reveal of at least most of the sets at NY Toy Fair over the weekend of the 17-19th of February. Force Friday is rumored for September 1st. 

It seems to me like the Snowspeeder and the sphere are the set UCS sets for this year, and that the Millennium Falcon might be the one that may or may not happen. Although any of the insiders can feel free to correct that if they know anything.

Edited by Goonmo
Updated info

34 minutes ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

Looking at the Rathtar Escape set, the entire structure is propped up on 'stilts'. Although it doesn't have Rey, Finn or BB-8, I wonder if it'll include any of the trapdoors or underfloor controls that we see them use in the films?

Perhaps there will be a second set that will connect to it like the Jabba palace sets.

30 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

Alright, so as far as I know:

A UCS set having to do with a sphere has been rumored (Some form of Death Star, Planet, but most likely BB-8)

Hmmmm, perhaps a Death Star similar to 10143? But I also think BB-8 is more likely.

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I wouldn't be a pessimist if this is actually not something that happens all the time, and it's a romours thread, not a speculation thread. Once in a while of course I wouldn't mind that people come up with there wishes or guesses, it's just lately that I and some others have been commenting that it has been very hard to differentiate between what is a romour and a speculation. 

But it seems I was wrong in this case, but before you actually revealed yourself, this felt unlikely, honestly, it did, especially in the light of all kinds of misunderstandings that had been going on here. However there is no reason to be personally agitating, I've not made this personally to anybody, just got tired of the pattern that's all. The fault is actually with you who should have been more clear from the beginning when you know that people here, apparently me included as well can easily misunderstand the smallest comment...

ok sure it's my fault let's just leave it at that

When are we going to hear rumors of/see the May the Forth promotion? I know it's a little early, but we heard about it close to around this time last year. (Pretty hard to forget that much disappointment)

13 minutes ago, starwars4ever said:

When are we going to hear rumors of/see the May the Forth promotion? I know it's a little early, but we heard about it close to around this time last year. (Pretty hard to forget that much disappointment)

Maybe we've already seen it.

40 minutes ago, starwars4ever said:

The May calendar for LBS and LCS are being worked on now I have been reliably informed.

23 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

The May calendar for LBS and LCS are being worked on now I have been reliably informed.

Then images shouldn't be too far away then, possibly some time after toyfair?

Someone mentioned UCS BB-8 and everyone just ran with the idea. Wow.

When Delta Customs said "think outside the sphere" I just thought they were referring to Death Star and referencing the fact that it's not a rerelease.

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Someone mentioned UCS BB-8 and everyone just ran with the idea. Wow.

When Delta Customs said "think outside the sphere" I just thought they were referring to Death Star and referencing the fact that it's not a rerelease.

We know it's not a rehash, it's not a playset, "just because it's not a playset doesn't mean it's a vehicle" and the word "sphere" was a hint. So you tell me, what else could it be? Everyone "ran" with the idea because it's the most plausible once you narrow it down to the facts we have been given, that and none of the reliable sources on this forum have shut it down besides CM4Sci saying on Reddit that he didn't think a BB-8 direct to consumer set was coming, which isn't saying that he doesn't think a BB-8 set is coming in general. 

Given its 40th anniversary of a new hope, what about the trench run.  It's outside of the 'sphere' and is an iconic scene and never been done and would be a large piece count.

Dear Lord some people are being very passive aggressive here. Just have to say the vaguest of rumours (e.g just mentioning the word 'sphere') and suddenly everyone loses their minds. Chill out guys! Speculate about it, sure, but I'm seeing plenty people being really snarky and unnecessarily abrupt with people, just chill, that set could be anything...

we'll get Toy Fair pictures next Sunday from NY to tie us over, then hopefully TLJ Images a bit after that. 

Edited by Mymaker123

37 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

we'll get Toy Fair pictures next Sunday from NY to tie us over, then hopefully TLJ Images a bit after that. 

When did the TFA set pictures surface? I wasn't really following this stuff that closely back then.

I don't think we got prelims of TFA sets at all, right? I just remember seeing hi-res pictures drop out of nowhere sometime around August or September.

16 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

I don't think we got prelims of TFA sets at all, right? I just remember seeing hi-res pictures drop out of nowhere sometime around August or September.

Well that's not so much before the act...I've read on makingstarwars that this years Force Friday might be on the 1st of September.