Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Hopefully the rumour of a third UCS set turns out to be true. Despite the disapointment of Hoth, I do enjoy the location based playsets both for offering new settings we wouldn't normally get in the standard releases as well as the large number of characters that are included.

It's certainly a luxury. However, I'm one of the suckers that would buy not just one, but at LEAST two of them USC Falcons if they were minifigure scale. I missed the first one because I was so poor. Now I have some money. It's my most wanted set. My most dreamed of set. I'd buy one to build and one to keep in the box and I -NEVER- just keep Lego in the box. That's how crazy I'd be for a new version of this old set! I WANT IT SO BAD!

That said, I don't believe the rumors. Well, it's not that I don't believe them. I nothing the rumors. Because literally every year we have people in here talking about the new USC Falcon.  Every freakin' year it's one of the rumors. Every year it "leaks". I'll believe it when I see it! I don't want to *plan* for it because this has happened every freakin' year.

9 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I've said it several times before but if TLG did a limited run of 25,000 new UCS Falcons at £600-750, they'd be sold out in a couple of days. 

There's enough 40+ year old SW fans  who won't think twice about such a purchase (me included!); just take a look at some of the vintage figures on Ebay (1977-84) such as Blue Snaggletooth, Yak Face & DT Lukes to see what I mean.  The aftermarket for SW has exploded in the last couple of years and I'm amazed by some of the prices at the moment, and TLG must be aware of it.  This sort of set isn't ever going to be targeted at children; there's plenty of others in the range for that.  It would be a clever move for TLG to do this; especially to coincide with the 40th anniversary - and I can't wait! :classic:

Ok, I see your point. My god those prices....but that's a completely different topic, these are just expensive because they are old and mint condition. At the end, they are still just a piece of not even that well molded plastic...

But yeah, in Lego, the bigger the better mostly, and the level of detail on these sets is amazing most of the time, so yeah, they can justify the cost more or less.

BTW, I want to be like you when I'm 40+ :cry_happy::laugh:

If the rumoured third UCS isn't a playset, there aren't that many ships left that weren't done before. I don't think we will see another PT UCS anytime soon (otherwise things like the Venator, ARC-170 or Republic Gunship would be nice), and we've seen almost all the OT classics as UCS already. The Nebulon B and AT-AT are probably out due to stability constraints, TFA didn't introduce anything that's UCS-worthy... the A-Wing seems somewhat likely from that perspective. Or they completely surprise us with a Rogue One UCS!

I do wonder though how a third UCS would fit into a year that already has what is rumoured to be the most expensive set of all time...I definitely see people paying $600+ for the UCS Falcon and $200 for the Snowspeeder - are people going to afford another $200+ UCS after that?

That said, I don't believe the rumors. Well, it's not that I don't believe them. I nothing the rumors. Because literally every year we have people in here talking about the new USC Falcon.  Every freakin' year it's one of the rumors. Every year it "leaks". I'll believe it when I see it! I don't want to *plan* for it because this has happened every freakin' year.

It's definitely different this year. People who are known to have had at least some degree of insider information for years have hinted at or confirmed the UCS Falcon. The 40th anniversary is also likely the best opportunity to get it out there for a while.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

My point of view is, it doesn't matter how gorgeous it is, it it's going to be even more expensive than anything before, that's just crazy.

The old UCS falcon was 500 bucks as I see on brickset, the new DS is also that much, which is already big money, if they release a 600+ $ set, they are out of their minds. Who has that kind of money just lying around? 

I mean...I think I'm already spending too much money on LEGO sets, but I know some of you guys must spend even more. Seriously, is there anyone to whom a 500+$ set is an instant buy without a blink of an eye? :D

I have that kind of money lying around, and much more ... precisely because I don't impulse-buy 500 dollar sets just because. Forums like this one might give you the wrong impression about collectors, that's all.

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If the rumoured third UCS isn't a playset, there aren't that many ships left that weren't done before. I don't think we will see another PT UCS anytime soon (otherwise things like the Venator, ARC-170 or Republic Gunship would be nice), and we've seen almost all the OT classics as UCS already. The Nebulon B and AT-AT are probably out due to stability constraints, TFA didn't introduce anything that's UCS-worthy... the A-Wing seems somewhat likely from that perspective. Or they completely surprise us with a Rogue One UCS!

I do wonder though how a third UCS would fit into a year that already has what is rumoured to be the most expensive set of all time...I definitely see people paying $600+ for the UCS Falcon and $200 for the Snowspeeder - are people going to afford another $200+ UCS after that?

It's definitely different this year. People who are known to have had at least some degree of insider information for years have hinted at or confirmed the UCS Falcon. The 40th anniversary is also likely the best opportunity to get it out there for a while.

The A-wing was just released as a system-scale set, it's unlikely that it'll have the UCS treatment anytime soon, or? (Not to mention the rebels A-wing)

I doubt they would release anything RO-specific either, the most important vehicles were released in multiple scales already. (AT-ACT maybe, but I don't see that coming, it's frankly not that memorable.)

I think we should be careful about the pricing rumors, if there's really a very expensive set coming, as you say, it's unlikely to get 2 other UCS sets on top of that. 

1000$ for a year on lego would be a bit...much.

And yes, now we know how many of you don't care about the money but still...that's a lot for a year. 

1 hour ago, brobert said:

My point of view is, it doesn't matter how gorgeous it is, it it's going to be even more expensive than anything before, that's just crazy.

The old UCS falcon was 500 bucks as I see on brickset, the new DS is also that much, which is already big money, if they release a 600+ $ set, they are out of their minds. Who has that kind of money just lying around? 

I mean...I think I'm already spending too much money on LEGO sets, but I know some of you guys must spend even more. Seriously, is there anyone to whom a 500+$ set is an instant buy without a blink of an eye? :D

That's a really good attitude, expextations and rumors from unverified sources are wreaking havoc at this point.

Let's manage our expectations.

Realise we going a bit off topic here again, hehe, sorry admin, but true about the spending on other hobbies, it's okey to spend a lot of money if your hobbies are like vehicles, technique , travels or even clothes, but if you hobbies are toys...  :" OMG... how could you spend so much money on that thing", and then we still not getting close to buy something like a new sound system for instance...

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

I've said it several times before but if TLG did a limited run of 25,000 new UCS Falcons at £600-750, they'd be sold out in a couple of days. 

There's enough 40+ year old SW fans  who won't think twice about such a purchase (me included!); just take a look at some of the vintage figures on Ebay (1977-84) such as Blue Snaggletooth, Yak Face & DT Lukes to see what I mean.  The aftermarket for SW has exploded in the last couple of years and I'm amazed by some of the prices at the moment, and TLG must be aware of it.  This sort of set isn't ever going to be targeted at children; there's plenty of others in the range for that.  It would be a clever move for TLG to do this; especially to coincide with the 40th anniversary - and I can't wait! :classic:

I think you're right, even if they made 100 000 copies, it would sell out fast, just by the fact that people would know there would be a limit supply would create a rush, I usually wait for sales or second hand market but if this would be the case, would probably not take the risk of waiting

On 2/6/2017 at 11:24 PM, Delta Customs said:

deleted

On 2/7/2017 at 2:09 AM, Stash2Sixx said:

Edited by Sir von Lego

46 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

It will be something completely new, no play set.

UCS AT-AT? Only thing that hasn't been done and would be large enough to merit a high price.

Edited by Wonderpants

Bossk could look so awesome with dual molding on the arms and legs, one part yellow and the other olive green,
but knowing LEGO's lazy and cheap treatment with Star Wars figures, we're probably not going to see that happen and get a rather lame Bossk figure for today's standards, instead.

2 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

So what do you think about? 

Well that's really quite boring then.  Why would they release 3 vehicles.?  We could have easily seen a CC which is by popular request, yet no we are getting once again another vehicle. 

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Well that's really quite boring then.  Why would they release 3 vehicles.?  We could have easily seen a CC which is by popular request, yet no we are getting once again another vehicle. 

I would be so satisfied with that. If it's no CC or Yavin base, make it a vehicle.

3 minutes ago, brobert said:

I would be so satisfied with that. If it's no CC or Yavin base, make it a vehicle.

Or Jedi temple ?

4 hours ago, brobert said:

A LOT of people have $600+ laying around. If LEGO produced something like this for $600, it would fly off the shelves!

nvmzv7abjbiobzplsuze.png

4 hours ago, Lobot said:

A limited run would get gobbled up real fast! It the above model was release for $700 and it was limited to 25,000: I would buy as much as I could!

1 hour ago, Wonderpants said:

UCS AT-AT? Only thing that hasn't been done and would be large enough to merit a high price.

A new MF and AT-AT in one year, that would be awesome.

A UCS Falcon would sell like hotcakes. Honestly I still remember the original UCS appearing everywhere from late night shows to sitcoms (I'm pretty sure of the latter). The Millennium Falcon IS the most iconic Star Wars ship, appeared in Revenge of the Sith, all of the original movies and will continue to appear throughout the next trilogy and most likely at least appear in the Han Solo movie (even if at the time it's still Lando's ship). Even at six hundred it will sell.  

4 hours ago, BrickG said:

It's certainly a luxury. However, I'm one of the suckers that would buy not just one, but at LEAST two of them USC Falcons if they were minifigure scale. I missed the first one because I was so poor. Now I have some money. It's my most wanted set. My most dreamed of set. I'd buy one to build and one to keep in the box and I -NEVER- just keep Lego in the box. That's how crazy I'd be for a new version of this old set! I WANT IT SO BAD!

I agree. It will fly off the shelves, even at a high price. All the people who missed out with the original UCS Falcon will snap up a new one undoubtedly. 

I'd be in the mindset of buying two if it was to be released.

7 hours ago, John7edward said:

Hope we get a new falcon??????, I'm ready to spend. I won't be getting the snowspeeder. A new UCS star destroyer and tantive IV would be nice. 

Hi John. Beware that this is not a wishlist topic, but a rumors topic. So focus on rumors and not on things you like to see (or not see) :wink: 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

That's a good point. Most expensive UCS ever + 2 UCS + TLJ sets = :pir-murder: But on the other hand it's 40 anniversary, so..

PS: First post, after reading this awesome thread for months hehe

As Stash, Jim, and others have stated, this is for somewhat verified rumors. Not wish lists. If you want to post a wish list item, please do it here.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:16 AM, Forresto said:

In regards to the Republic Tank, the new model is significantly smaller then the original Lego model.

The new model appears to be 21 studs long and 14 wide whereas the original is 29 studs long and 26 wide.

thanks, I was looking for this info. I suppose at least (according to rumours ) it will be cheaper at €30 and not more expensive than the last one, which was also a target exclusive so harder to find in most shops. Wonder if it will only be able to seat one clone, the previous one could take 2. Would have to see the phase II gunner a bit more before deciding on upgrading a lot of the phase 1's I have.

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Thanks for the info. That cuts out a lot of the location based sets the community has been asking TLG for. However I can understand their view, with the negative reactions to Assault on Hoth and Death Star.

I guess since it's the 40th anniversary of ANH it'll be an ANH set.

But, apparently it's a ship, which is disappointing. I'm fed up of UCS ships, we need more iconic scenes/places like AoH and the Ewok Village rather than more UCS vehicles.

5 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I guess since it's the 40th anniversary of ANH it'll be an ANH set.

But, apparently it's a ship, which is disappointing. I'm fed up of UCS ships, we need more iconic scenes/places like AoH and the Ewok Village rather than more UCS vehicles.

I agree with you, however according to the last info we will get 2 redone sets and one mystery piece... maybe next year will be more promising

Edited by DEAD1974